[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Good Weekend

Grits and Shins

My daughter had a tournament this weekend (Thu, Fri, Sat) in College Station. I was kinda bummed cause I wasn't going to get to go ... for a number of reasons (largely because we didn't want to take my son out of school for two unexcused absences and because I'm filling in for the boss at work) ... I hate missing any of her games ... but even more so when they are in my old stompin' grounds (being a Texas A&M alumni and all). There was no way to know what the schedule would be like until after the games on Thursday. So it looked like I'd be spending some one-on-one time with my son ... which isn't all bad either (and he didn't want to go to his sister's softball games anyway).

After the games on Thursday they ended being scheduled for Friday morning, Friday afternoon and would have two Saturday games. So I decided to grab the boy out of his afternoon glass and head down to College Station (just at a 3 hour drive). Caught my daughter's 4:00 game ... then took the boy to the Aggie baseball opener against Seton Hall (they crushed Seton Hall 11-2).

This morning I got to watch my daughter hit her first EVER home run to dead center field (solo). She said she was on 3rd base before she knew it was a home run (she is fast and has been trained not to watch the ball). Then I got to watch her hit her second ever home run this afternoon (2 runners on). Her team didn't do all that great in the tournament (3-3), largely because of insufficient pitching but my daughter had a great tournament (even without the home runs). I would have been REALLY bummed had I missed her first home runs.

And apparently I'm on the hook for a c-note as Mom had promised her earlier in the season that I would pony one up if she hit a home run. Apparently I agreed making the assessment that given her record it was a low risk deal.