[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New OC, DC, HC?

Slugs3511

O.k., we are all here, on this site because we desperately or just want to get the upper hand on the next fantasy football season....

The question is......How does a new OC, DC, or HC relate to a RB, WR or QBs numbers in fantasy football?

Are the numbers (statistics) out there? What about for the past 10 years?

Just curious to see if anyone knows......Bottom line, would it be smart to draft a player that just got a new OC, DC, or HC at any of those before mentioned positions....

Thanks for the responses

I was all fired up when Al Saunders (OC for the vaunted Chiefs rushing attack with Priest Holmes) went to Washington.

That diodnt pan out too well for fantasy numbers for Skind splayers . . . or my fantasy team in general :wacko:

However Mike Martz has done fairly well with whatever scrub QB he gets. I expect a good year from Cutler . . . inversely Martz isnt all that kind to RB/TE fantasy numbers . . .

I always watch for teams that hire Alex Gibbs (zone blocking scheme almost always gives the RB an uptick).

With Al Saunders in KC, Trent Green was still a 4,000 yard passer, and Gonzo was catching 90+ balls. So the elite QB/WR/TE will tend to dominate regardless of OC .

When looking at pass-happy OC like Martz, remember the TE can be an afterthought. This could be a long year for Greg Olsen (good point bp).

On the DC side, certainly a change in philosophy from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense can improve pass defense numbers IF you have the personel to get the job done (look what Mike Nolan did with Dumervil). In this particular offseason i think Buffalo's switch from 4-3 to 3-4 will be a disaster with the group they have.

Finally HC, well a new HC almost always means a hand-picked QB and we know the growing pains of developing young QBs from a fantasy perspective.