[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriot Act reauthorized

driveby

The patriot act is the worst piece of legislation ever.

But if I remember correctly the righties were clamoring about dirty bombs, code orange and duct tape. "If you are not doing anything illegal you have nothing to be afraid of" or "When a bomb goes off in Oklahoma City and kills millions their blood will be on your commie hands."

As long as you remain fearful of Christmas Day cock bombers and Napolitano not stopping crazy Joe from flying his plane into a building the patriot act will ALWAYS be here.

:wacko:

It is a bad piece of legislation, I'll grant you that, but it is no where near the worst.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see good "conservatives" are more interested in seeing political opponents look bad than protecting our constitutional liberties. Way to stay classy, guys.

Apparently your democratic congressional brethren are either spineless weasels or disagree with you.

Apparently your democratic congressional brethren are either spineless weasels or disagree with you.

What's sad is that you think I'm on a "side." That kind of "us versus them" mentality is probably the single greatest obstacle to fixing what's wrong with America. :shakeshead:

What's sad is that you think I'm on a "side." That kind of "us versus them" mentality is probably the single greatest obstacle to fixing what's wrong with America. :shakeshead:

It makes it easier to argue on a message board. And when push comes to shove everyone is on a side.

Now, congressional democrats - spineless weasels kowtowing to popular but naive public opinion or do they disagree with you on principle?

It makes it easier to argue on a message board. And when push comes to shove everyone is on a side.

Now, congressional democrats - spineless weasels kowtowing to popular but naive public opinion or do they disagree with you on principle?

Please, this isn't an issue of democrat versus republican. This is an issue of career politicians being fearful that some terrorist act might happen on their watch, and then opponents will dredge up the fact that they voted against this legislation. Because at that point, no one will care that they voted against Patriot because they were trying to protect our liberties, even though it was the right thing to do.

Please, this isn't an issue of democrat versus republican. This is an issue of career politicians being fearful that some terrorist act might happen on their watch, and then opponents will dredge up the fact that they voted against this legislation. Because at that point, no one will care that they voted against Patriot because they were trying to protect our liberties, even though it was the right thing to do.

spineless weasels it is then.

The Senate approved the extension Wednesday. The privacy protections were cast aside when Senate Democrats lacked the necessary 60-vote supermajority to pass them. Some in Congress had sought to increase restrictions and scrutiny on the government’s authority to spy on Americans and seize their records.

hmm, I wonder how it passed the house 315 to 97.

that's aight, I'm sure obama will veto it, to save us all from that dastardly 41 vote republican senate minority. right? right??

Isn't it funny how everything is the GOPs fault when they are an overwhelming minority. The left is just going crazy looking for was to spin how they have screwed up everything from the Patriot Act renewal to health care.

Another knee jerk reaction to the perception that the Patriot Act keeps us "safer". Sellout by the left . .

I LOVE how Republicans just look for any possible :wacko: at Democrats. Do any of you guys actually look at things objectively, or are y'all just as bitterly partisan as our congressional weasels in office for both parties? NEITHER party is defensible in their actions of the last few years . . but I keep seeing the right-wingers on the boards clinging to every scrap of anti-Democrat stuff available. BOTH parties are corrupt, two -faced scumbags.

Another knee jerk reaction to the perception that the Patriot Act keeps us "safer". Sellout by the left . .

I LOVE how Republicans just look for any possible :wacko: at Democrats. Do any of you guys actually look at things objectively, or are y'all just as bitterly partisan as our congressional weasels in office for both parties? NEITHER party is defensible in their actions of the last few years . . but I keep seeing the right-wingers on the boards clinging to every scrap of anti-Democrat stuff available. BOTH parties are corrupt, two -faced scumbags.

You should have been here during the Bush administration, particularly prior to the Dems winning the house and senate. If you think this is bad, you have no idea.

You should have been here during the Bush administration, particularly prior to the Dems winning the house and senate. If you think this is bad, you have no idea.

I wish I was . . . the original Patriot Act was crap, the Mission Accomplished stuff was ridiculous, and the left is currently bitching about all the stuff that THEY used to do 8 years ago when they were the minority. How did the US ever get to be this freakin bitter about its governance?

Both parties= garbage

I wish I was . . . the original Patriot Act was crap, the Mission Accomplished stuff was ridiculous, and the left is currently bitching about all the stuff that THEY used to do 8 years ago when they were the minority. How did the US ever get to be this freakin bitter about its governance?

Both parties= garbage

I agree, and that is one of the reason I'm for a much smaller less powerful federal government. That way all the garbage in Washington would have a whole lot smaller impact on all of our lives.

I agree, and that is one of the reason I'm for a much smaller less powerful federal government. That way all the garbage in Washington would have a whole lot smaller impact on all of our lives.

As soon as politics became a profession that people aspire to, we were lost as a country. Back in the day politicans were productive members of society and produced goods or services before dedicated a limited amount of time to their country before returning to the private sector. Now they openly prostitute themselves. Fn scumbags . . one and all.

As soon as politics became a profession that people aspire to, we were lost as a country. Back in the day politicans were productive members of society and produced goods or services before dedicated a limited amount of time to their country before returning to the private sector. Now they openly prostitute themselves. Fn scumbags . . one and all.

+1 Again another reason I want to decentralize power. All of our state congressmen and senators hardly make anything. $7,200 a year for their service.

Isn't it funny how everything is the GOPs fault when they are an overwhelming minority. The left is just going crazy looking for was to spin how they have screwed up everything from the Patriot Act renewal to health care.

The only thing I'm blaming th GOP just as self-interested and incompetent as the Dems. They had a real chance to redefine themselves post-Obama, abandon issues of social conservatism, and rise above "business as usual" in Washington in order to deliver the medicine the country actually needs. Instead they degenerated into a party of obstructionists more interested in scoring points against the current administration. Just like the Dems did to W when he was in office. Its the same old song and dance; the only thing that's changed is who is leading.