[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Obama buying health care votes?

Perchoutofwater

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very valid points. So you think that simply based on perception we should dictate appointments, contracts and who we do business with? :wacko: No facts, but simply perception?

Judges and Politicians are supposed to recuse themselves from situations which would put the public trust at risk. They do this to avoid the appearance of impropriety whether or not they would ACTUALLY act unethical in the situation. Why do you think they do this even if there is no proof of unethical behavior? :D

Judges and Politicians are supposed to recuse themselves from situations which would put the public trust at risk. They do this to avoid the appearance of impropriety whether or not they would ACTUALLY act unethical in the situation. Why do you think they do this even if there is no proof of unethical behavior? :wacko:

Aww, hell. It's not like the obamessiah is trying to engineer elections or anything...

:D

how about if our elected officials want to pass something -- let alone something that will totally re-work 1/6th of the economy, and that a clear majority of the public do not want -- that maybe they come up with something that can attract broader support, so they don't HAVE to cajole votes with pork, kickbacks, exclusions, and choice nominations. I mean, if there's anything I would ask for in all of this, it's that.

Edited by Azazello1313

how about if our elected officials want to pass something -- let alone something that will totally re-work 1/6th of the economy, and that a clear majority of the public do not want -- that maybe they come up with something that can attract broader support, so they don't HAVE to cajole votes with pork, kickbacks, exclusions, and choice nominations. I mean, if there's anything I would ask for in all of this, it's that.

:wacko: I agree with you Az . . and I dont like the current bill. It is pretty obvious that just like during Clinton's term in office, as soon as the Republicans win back more seats (and they sure as hell will) that nothing will be done . . . again. Opportunity lost, and America loses again. Status quo remains . . .

• 3 weeks later...
There is no conspiracy theory. There are facts.

whether he's "qualified" isn't really the issue. if blagojevich sold obama's senate seat to someone "qualified", would that make it ok in your book?

:wacko: I love seeing the contortionists here desparately trying to rationalize their precious Obama's stinky deals. As long as it's your guy, he gets a pass and can do no wrong.

But he's qualified to be a Judge, so it's ok. :D

There's no proof that Obama is doing this to influence his brother's vote, so it's ok. :D

Matheson votes no on health care bill.

Wow, how silly do you guys feel now?

Edited by bushwacked

Sooo the vitrol filled anger from Az, Savage, Mucca and others was completely misplaced? Fueled by conspiracy theorists and grasping at straws?

:wacko:

patiently waiting for a retraction . . . . but I think I will be here awhile . . .:D:D:D

You werent that dense to fall for this . . were you Az? How embarassing for you . . . . .:D

Edited by bpwallace49

I had no dog in the fight, but the fact that Matheson stuck to his principles and voted as his constituents wanted does not rule out the possibility that Obabma was trying to influence his vote. Obama was fairly aggressive in campaining for votes over the last few weeks.

Not buying votes, if that was the attempt.

And bp, link to my vitriol on this issue? I've scalded EVERYONE for impropriety and corruption in the process but you won't find any vitriol here. :wacko:

Wv, my apologies. I confused this thread with the IRS and falsely included you. I have edited it to include Mucca instead . .

Sooo the vitrol filled anger from Az, Savage, Mucca and others was completely misplaced? Fueled by conspiracy theorists and grasping at straws?

:wacko:

patiently waiting for a retraction . . . . but I think I will be here awhile . . .:D:D:D

You werent that dense to fall for this . . were you Az? How embarassing for you . . . . .:D

wait, what? vitriol? perhaps you ought to re-read my posts in this thread.

so matheson has some integrity and sense, good for him. how does that in any way rule out or excuse the impropriety of giving his brother a juicy appointment at the very time he was trying to convince the guy to vote for his bill?