[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oscars

jetsfan

i wrote and directed my opus, one of the most expensive movies of all time ($300MM!), and watched as it was embraced by the world, becoming the top grossing motion picture in the history of the planet. i'm nominated for a slew of academy awards, including the biggies, best director and best picture. i attend the event and am seated directly behind my ex-wife who sweeps me for best director and picture with one of the smallest grossing best picture nominees in history that cost only $11MM to make.

fml

Not really the kind of movie the Academy likes to reward though. The Hurt Locker had it all -- it's about the soldiers, small budget, first female director to win...they love that sheet. Plus the ironic twist you just cited, too good to pass up. And Cameron is well-known as an insufferable pr!ck.

i wrote and directed my opus, one of the most expensive movies of all time ($300MM!), and watched as it was embraced by the world, becoming the top grossing motion picture in the history of the planet. i'm nominated for a slew of academy awards, including the biggies, best director and best picture. i attend the event and am seated directly behind my ex-wife who sweeps me for best director and picture with one of the smallest grossing best picture nominees in history that cost only $11MM to make.

fml If only I had thought to incorporate a plot that was more sophisticated than a standard episode of The Wonder Pets, I might have won. :wacko:

fixed

On a good note, Barney Burnam won for best makeup and was the alien costume designer for a feature I shot in Michigan called "Grey Skies" late last year. NICE!!

I believe that was the only Oscar for Star Trek....a travesty, IMO.

I believe that was the only Oscar for Star Trek....a travesty, IMO.

Although I enjoyed Star Trek immensely, not sure it was Oscar worthy in many other categories. Score and editing should have garnered some consideration though. On another Star Trek note, the young kid (Jimmy Bennett) that played Kirk in the opening scene was the lead of another feature I shot last year called Bones. Nice kid and his sister is HAWT!!!

The whole Precious crowd acted like it was the most important movie made in the last 50 years, and Gaberdeen Chardonay is America's next great actress. I wish I could take a crap and get Oprah to declare it the most splendid crap she's ever seen, I'd be a freaking billionaire.

Sorry, Sigourney Gilbertsteen. They call her Gilbey.

:wacko:

Her name is Gabourey Sidibe...and they call her Gabby.

The whole Precious crowd acted like it was the most important movie made in the last 50 years, and Gaberdeen Chardonay is America's next great actress. I wish I could take a crap and get Oprah to declare it the most splendid crap she's ever seen, I'd be a freaking billionaire.

racist. Just the man hatin again.

how in the world did i ever miss this acceptance speech? it's gold jerry.

who has not thought this while watching the oscars?

eta: this is lifted from beer's post in the recognition thread. posting it here again because everyone ignores beer ... :D

Edited by tonorator

I literally just spit out my coffee. By far the funniest stuff from Seinfeld I've ever seen.

eta: this is lifted from beer's post in the recognition thread. posting it here again because everyone ignores beer ... :D

Is that the Midnighter in your avi?