[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And so it continues in Detroit

driveby

The Detroit city government is a complete embarassment to the state. It, in and of itself, is a reason why some surbanites and surburban businesses stay clear of doing business in the city.

:wacko:

Didn't Krugman used to work for a Houston based company that had some shady financial dealings?

It think its fair say that pretty much anyone who has worked for a Houston-based company has. :wacko:

Edited by yo mama

What is the likelihood that Representative Conyers didn't know his wife was accepting bribes?

Nobody really knows, I think. They lead pretty much seperate lives, so he may not know anything about it.

He has refused to comment on the matter.

The Detroit city government is a complete embarassment to the state. It, in and of itself, is a reason why some surbanites and surburban businesses stay clear of doing business in the city.

:wacko:

What do you think of the proposal that's floating around to essentially bulldoze 50% of Detroit and return it to orchards and what not? Basically, shrink the city to fit its current population and turn what (most) consider blight into farm land.

What do you think of the proposal that's floating around to essentially bulldoze 50% of Detroit and return it to orchards and what not? Basically, shrink the city to fit its current population and turn what (most) consider blight into farm land.

Is it a proposal? I know that the Mayor has suggested it.

I think that it is a good idea. I have no clue as to what it would take to pull it off though.

Detroit is hugh. Its like the size of Rhode Island, or something like that. Its too difficult to provide city services to such a large area.

I think that it is a good idea. I have no clue as to what it would take to pull it off though.

Detroit is hugh. Its like the size of Rhode Island, or something like that. Its too difficult to provide city services to such a large area.

emminent domain

Perhaps its just a suggestion. Sounds like they need federal dollars for redevelopment, and certain pesky residents to move. The bulldozing is actually the easy part. Could you imagine the jobs that would create?

It sounds like Bing is serious:

link

He needs to send robocop in there.

Seriously though, why couldn't he just approach this another way? Tell people that the city's borders will now be from point X to point Y and if you're outside that area you will lose any city-provided services?