[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

usg wants your dna

dmarc117

As long as the data is used solely for detection of crime, I don't see the problem here. As soon as that narrow criterion changes, I'd see a hugh problem.

once they have what they want, it's easy for them to bend or change the rules...balls in their court..

I have cop friends who do things like sit in parking lots and run plates all day long.

Some folks I know have no problem with this, saying things like "If you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about"

The problem with that thinking is that the more we get conditioned to the gubment checking up on us with nothing to worry about if we have done nother wrong, the easier it is for laws to become invasive and for people to get caught doing things wrong that they didn't know were wrong. Bad recipe IMO.

I have cop friends who do things like sit in parking lots and run plates all day long.

Some folks I know have no problem with this, saying things like "If you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about"

The problem with that thinking is that the more we get conditioned to the gubment checking up on us with nothing to worry about if we have done nother wrong, the easier it is for laws to become invasive and for people to get caught doing things wrong that they didn't know were wrong. Bad recipe IMO.

Ignorance of the law isn't a defense.

Easy solution: all convicted felons get their DNA tagged whether they like it or not (you have lesser privacy rights as a felon). For everyone else, its optional. For those legal adults who choose to participate in this optional program, we offer a one-time $200 federal tax credit as a reward for helping defray the costs of federal law enforcement by making your DNA available.

Edited by yo mama

i think the chances of catching bad guys far outweighs the chances of govt misuse.

you really think the govt is going to use our dna to arrest innocent civilians? if so, youre nuts.

OK, so based on the two statements above you'd be perfectly willing for fedgov to put cameras, microphones, wiretaps (for phone, internet, and cell), etc. in your house? That's the end result of what you're advocating.

OK, so based on the two statements above you'd be perfectly willing for fedgov to put cameras, microphones, wiretaps (for phone, internet, and cell), etc. in your house? That's the end result of what you're advocating.

collecting dna to cross-check criminals and crimes is like putting a camera in your house? lol, ok. thats lunacy talk.

Edited by dmarc117

Ever give blood WV? If so, do you think the shadowy gubmnet is growing a clone of you somewheres in Area 51 and keeping your DNA for some diabolical purpose in conjunction with the League of Shadows and the Legion of Doom?

Dude - they could never clone me. God used up his whole supply of AWESOMIUM (pronouced awe-some-ee-um with the emphasis on the second syllable) when I was made. I'm a founding member of SHIELD, baby... :D

ETA - when they tried, the needle broke. No one else can handle my blood... :wacko:

Edited by westvirginia