[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rise of the South . . .

bpwallace49

Eye Opener: Group wants southerners to put 'Confederate Southern American' on the Census

Happy Friday! With roughly one week until census forms are due, a group of Confederate rights activists is urging southerners with Confederate ancestors to declare themselves "Confederate Southern Americans" on census forms in order to qualify for national origin protection under the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Federal law makes it illegal to discriminate because of a person's birthplace, ancestry, culture or language. The South North Carolina-based Southern Legal Resource Center believes that people with ancestors who were citizens of the Confederate States of America should be entitled to ethnic identity and protection since the country no longer exists.

Question 9 of the census form asks respondents to identify their race and lists White, Black/African American/Negro, American Indian, Native Alaskan, Japanese and Korean as options, among others. But it also leaves a box with 19 blank spaces for anyone who wants to write in another race not listed.

"Fill in 'Confed Southern Am.' ... This will put your Confederate nationality on the record. It's just that simple," SLRC Chief Trial Counsel Kirk D. Lyons says in a video posted on YouTube (see above) and Facebook.

Lyons continues: "We can start the process to give the southern community here in America a voice again, so that our concerns will be heard, and so that we will stop being harassed and persecuted because we are proud of our southern and Confederate ancestry." The group has defended teachers and other activists who have been fired or disciplined in other ways for refusing to remove the Confederate flag from classrooms and other public places.

:D:wacko:

I'd rather put down the category of "I hate all people redneck, white trash, black, Mexican, Oriental, Southern Europe including France, the commies, the Nazis, the Catholics and the Muslims, children and old people and everone not listed..."

Too long for the form?

Can I just draw a picture of me shaking my cane telling people to get off my lawn?

Can I just draw a picture of me shaking my cane telling people to get off my lawn?

I recall a hand-written sign in Norfolk Vargina that said "Your dog can $hit on my lawn, no sailors".

I always meant to go back and drop a deuce in his lawn but never did.