[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Immigrants break into rental house and camp out and police do nothing.

Perchoutofwater

I've just never understood how someone feels it is their right to take something from someone else. I've always viewed that as theft. How it can be praised as progressive is beyond me.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amended law limits such inquiries to instances when cops make a lawful stop, detention, or arrest in the course of enforcing some other law or local ordinance. But including local ordinances as grounds for an immigration inquiry opens all kinds of tantalizing harassment possibilities for officials like Joe Arpaio—the notorious but popular Arizona sheriff who has made it his personal mission to root out undocumented aliens from the state by launching crime sweeps in Latino communities on the flimsiest of pretexts.

Under the new law, Arpaio could troll Hispanic neighborhoods demanding the papers of anyone breaking, say, a local pooper-scooper law while walking their dogs. If they can't comply on the spot, he could haul them to a police station while their immigration status is checked. If it turns out that they are here illegally, they could be arrested, pending deportation. This means that the same pooper-scooper violation that would produce nothing more than a small fine for unaccented white folks—since they would not raise any “reasonable suspicion” that would justify an inquiry into their immigration status—could well result in a lengthy police encounter for Hispanic citizens or Hispanics with valid visas—and deportation for anyone who had overstayed their visa by even a day. “If this doesn't raise equal protection and Fourth Amendment concerns then what does?” asks Cecillia Wang, an attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union.

:wacko:

Reason Mag

Isn't that what I've been saying???

No . . it isnt.

Maybe this will help. If you saw a suspicious person prowling around private property and it "looked" like he didnt belong, would you call the cops and they would investigate a charge of trespassing?

Now in a "lawful stop, detention or arrest" cops can use the premise of illegal aliens trespassing in the US as the basis for a stop. if you are on any US soil, you could be stopped for ID under a suspicion of trespassing. The "lawful stop" is to confirm they are not trespassing.

Savvy?

IMO this just grants the cops carte blanche to stop or question whoever they want, whenever they want to check if they are "trespassing" on American property. :wacko:

How long before we get a news story about a cop beating someone he thought was an illegal?

How long before we get a news story about an illegal killing a cop, or and illegal killing someone in a DUI accident, or an illegal selling drugs to children, or an illegal receiving public funds for school, or an illegal running naked down the street screaming in some unintelligible dialect while screwing a rooster. These are things that only Americans in this country legally should be allowed to do.

How long before we get a news story about an illegal killing a cop, or and illegal killing someone in a DUI accident, or an illegal selling drugs to children, or an illegal receiving public funds for school, or an illegal running naked down the street screaming in some unintelligible dialect while screwing a rooster. These are things that only Americans in this country legally should be allowed to do.

Who cares what the illegal does. He's all ready breaking the law by being here. I hold the police officer to a higher standard.

Who cares what the illegal does. He's all ready breaking the law by being here. I hold the police officer to a higher standard.

I can see that side of it... And I absolutely care what the illegal does while he is here, I hold them to a higher standard than I do American citizens. Why, if he is trespassing by being here illegally, he should have the common fing courteousy to at lest not injure any americans in the process.

For all who oppose this law, I've already mentioned the federal law from 1940. This law does not make anything new illegal that wasn't already - it just makes it official that AZ state LEO can enforce it.

It doesnt make anything new illegal.

But it does grant sweeping powers to police to stop anyone to check their papers on "suspicion of trespassing in the United States".

I greatly disagree with the notion that the police somehow need additional powers . . . but then again I live outside of Chicago where cops can get caught beating on unarmed women and still get off scot free . . .I am suuuure the cops in Arizona wont abuse this new power. :wacko:

It doesnt make anything new illegal.

But it does grant sweeping powers to police to stop anyone to check their papers on "suspicion of trespassing in the United States".

I greatly disagree with the notion that the police somehow need additional powers . . . but then again I live outside of Chicago where cops can get caught beating on unarmed women and still get off scot free . . .I am suuuure the cops in Arizona wont abuse this new power. :wacko:

Thank your local police union for allowing this to occur. Some of those unarmed women probably deserve to beaten for something they did at somepoint only they weren't caught at that time. I mean, c'mon, a little ass whippin can be good for most people.

Thank your local police union for allowing this to occur. Some of those unarmed women probably deserve to beaten for something they did at somepoint only they weren't caught at that time. I mean, c'mon, a little ass whippin can be good for most people.

It was a bartender that cut off a drunk off-duty cop. he outweighed her by about 100 pounds . . and him going behind the bar and beating her badly was all caught on videotape. :wacko:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/06...-bartender.html

But I am SUUURE that the cops in Arizona will be fair, just, and even-handed with their newly granted powers to stop anyone, anywhere for any reason . . . because that burden of proof for justifying a lawful stop to make sure people arent trespassing is VERY easy to meet now . . .

It was a bartender that cut off a drunk off-duty cop. he outweighed her by about 100 pounds . . and him going behind the bar and beating her badly was all caught on videotape. :wacko:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/06...-bartender.html

But I am SUUURE that the cops in Arizona will be fair, just, and even-handed with their newly granted powers to stop anyone, anywhere for any reason . . . because that burden of proof for justifying a lawful stop to make sure people arent trespassing is VERY easy to meet now . . .

Pretty sure if he was drunk and off duty he wasn't serving in official capacity. Yes there are Adam's Apples in every line of work including cops, but for the most part they are the minority. I mean based on your stupid example we shouldn't have any laws because we can't trust cops to do anything.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I doubt this illegal will make it back to the US for the 10th time.

Way to go govt for letting this piece of crap in for the 9th time - Can this woman take legal action against the Feds for not putting this guy away or at east shipping his sorry A$$ out of this country??

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly...ed_rapist_d.php

• 2 weeks later...

Now we gotta pay for this bitch's jury trial.. Can't we just deport her ass already?!?!?!??!?!

Jessica Colotl, the Kennesaw State University student and illegal immigrant whose case has drawn national attention, has requested a jury trial on the two traffic citations that led authorities to discover her illegal status.

Colotl, 21, is now scheduled to be arraigned July 2 in Cobb County State Court, Cobb Solicitor General Barry Morgan told the AJC on Thursday. Her attorney could not immediately be reached for comment.

Colotl was stopped by a police officer March 29 and charged with impeding traffic and driving without a license. The fine for impeding traffic is $111, Morgan said. He said first-time offenders convicted of driving without a license typically receive two days in custody and a $700 fine.

After the traffic stop, Cobb deputies handed her to federal immigration agents, who took her to an Alabama detention center. Immigration authorities released her May 1 and said she could stay in the country until she finishes school next year.

But Cobb County Sheriff Neil Warren had her arrested days later. She was accused of giving an incorrect address to deputies when she was booked into jail and charged with making false statements, a felony.

District Attorney Pat Head just received that case from Magistrate Court, and it will be reviewed by a prosecutor, according to Head's office.

But including local ordinances as grounds for an immigration inquiry opens all kinds of tantalizing harassment possibilities for officials like Joe Arpaio—the notorious but popular Arizona sheriff who has made it his personal mission to root out undocumented aliens from the state by launching crime sweeps in Latino communities on the flimsiest of pretexts.

If what he is doing works, I don't care how it is done.