[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Price on residential / patio concrete

Swampnuts

I want to add 240 sq feet to my existing concrete patio in the backyard. No decorative stuff or stamping, just a plain old finished patio.

Anyone deal in residential concrete or know what the going rate is for finished concrete? Hopefully less than $4 a foot.

I want to add 240 sq feet to my existing concrete patio in the backyard. No decorative stuff or stamping, just a plain old finished patio.

Anyone deal in residential concrete or know what the going rate is for finished concrete? Hopefully less than $4 a foot.

I had a totally new driveway laid after removal of the old asphalt wreck and the backyard patio ripped out and extended. Cost me $8 / sq ft roughly but that included ripping out and hauling away the old stuff, plus shrub removal plus the whole thing was laid by hand. Included rebar, hand cut control joints and a five year warranty. Minimum four inches thick. Company I used has the top rep in town so there was something of a quality premium.

Eight bucks! Holy chit, I'm a commoner I can't afford that action.

I'm talking minimal site prep, no demo or haul-away. That must have cost a fortune to do a driveway and a patio.

Take out the demo, the haulaway and such and you're probably down to about $5 - $6. Mind you, I did say the firm I used was the best locally. And, no, it wasn't cheap. The idea was to have a decent drive and patio in seven or eight years time when I am thinking of selling.

last house i built was 3 years ago and it was 3.50 then and the cement dude does awesome work....alot of crap work out there for less so keep that in mind :wacko:

My guy here in TX (Chappa concrete) will do a minimum of 4 cubic yards and charges $450. Usually, I try to have more but I have used him for the same patio (mine maybe a little smaller) and it cost me $450. 4 cubic yards should do your patio at least 3-4 inches thick. Of course, if he has to haul the concrete far from the concrete truck, then he charges a little more, but if it is right there where the truck can pull up, then he will do the minimum.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

You are going to pay a premium because it is such a small pour. The contractor is goigng to have to pay his guys for a full day when there is only 3 to 4 hours of work. You are also going to have to pay the ready mix plant for a tag load. If it was a larger area you could probably get it done for $4 a foot, but with that small of an area you are probably looking at $6 a foot. A lot of it depends on what your local plant charges a yard, what they charge for a tag load, and the size of the smallest crew your contractor has. Honestly you could probably double the size of the patio for $300 to $400 more.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Small job, 4 to 5 a foot.

Now, if you go bigger, say 15,000 SF+ I can get a guy to go up there and do it for about 3.25 per foot, that will include mesh, turndown footers, etc...

dont mean to hijack, but have a concrete question for the builders. i need to fill in a low walkway. its probably 15ft long, 4ft wide, and about 3-4in deep. i will be putting the filler on top of concrete already there. is it too shallow for concrete(cracking)? whats best way to fill in, concrete, blacktop??? tia sorry for hijack!

My guy here in TX (Chappa concrete) will do a minimum of 4 cubic yards and charges $450. Usually, I try to have more but I have used him for the same patio (mine maybe a little smaller) and it cost me $450. 4 cubic yards should do your patio at least 3-4 inches thick. Of course, if he has to haul the concrete far from the concrete truck, then he charges a little more, but if it is right there where the truck can pull up, then he will do the minimum.

He would do it for $450 a CY. 4 Cubic yards would do a 320 sf patio, which equates to $5.63 sf. He does a minimum of 4 CY. Swampnuts only needs 3 CY. so based on your guys minimum he would charge Swampnuts $7.50 a sf. He should be able to get it done cheaper than that, but when you are working with such a small area you are going to pay a premium.

dont mean to hijack, but have a concrete question for the builders. i need to fill in a low walkway. its probably 15ft long, 4ft wide, and about 3-4in deep. i will be putting the filler on top of concrete already there. is it too shallow for concrete(cracking)? whats best way to fill in, concrete, blacktop??? tia sorry for hijack!

You typical sidewalk is 4" deep, so you shouldn't have any problems, but I'll warn you all concrete cracks, it is just a fact of life.

He would do it for $450 a CY. 4 Cubic yards would do a 320 sf patio, which equates to $5.63 sf. He does a minimum of 4 CY. Swampnuts only needs 3 CY. so based on your guys minimum he would charge Swampnuts $7.50 a sf. He should be able to get it done cheaper than that, but when you are working with such a small area you are going to pay a premium.

I could always go bigger if needed. I was thinking of pouring a walkway around the side. Thanks for the input.

Yea, and that was 3-4 years ago, too, and I know prices have to have gone up. But some of those concrete guys, if it is easy access to pour, and you pay cash with a case of beer, they will hook you up on a slow day. My dad used him on alot of jobs, too so he liked us.