[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tethering your smart phone to the laptop

tazinib1

For those with smartphones, Droid (me),Crackberry,Iphone etc etc, there are 2 free apps that you can download to your phone. You then mount to your laptop, download it and within minutes you are up and running with 3G internet. Pretty kickass if you ask me.

The apps are:

PdaNet

EasyTether

For those with smartphones, Droid (me),Crackberry,Iphone etc etc, there are 2 free apps that you can download to your phone. You then mount to your laptop, download it and within minutes you are up and running with 3G internet. Pretty kickass if you ask me.

The apps are:

PdaNet

EasyTether

If you get caught by the wireless provider (in your case, Verizon) you will be banded from purchasing any services from them.

If you get caught by the wireless provider (in your case, Verizon) you will be banded from purchasing any services from them.

:wacko:

Didn't know that. Apperently, Verizon is going to be offering free tethering to smart phone customers this summer. I'm just trying to stay active in FF.

:wacko:

Didn't know that. Apperently, Verizon is going to be offering free tethering to smart phone customers this summer. I'm just trying to stay active in FF.

Really? I must check into this when I get to work on Monday.

I get laptop internet through PdaNet from my cellphone...but I've always had to pay for the PdaNet key to unlock it. Well worth it.

Not sure how you are getting it for free...

Trial version 30 days but I'm using the EasyTether as that IS free.

If Verizon catches me will they fire me as a customer and ban me from their network?

Did you find anything out?

from verizon's website: Customers who do not have dedicated Mobile Broadband devices cannot tether other devices to laptops or personal computers for use as wireless modems unless they subscribe to Mobile Broadband Connect.

from sprint's website: Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds: A) 5 GB per month in total or :wacko: 300 MB per month while off-network roaming.

I would say if you don't want to pay for it...just don't get caught.

Edited by buddahj