[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bill Black speaks up at the House FinServ hearing on Lehman Bros.

Avernus

Yeah buddy those food stamps recipients almost pushed the economy to the brink. Here we are again being shown that more and more people with cushy jobs aren't doing their jobs. I guess from the last President we see that because your daddy was important, you get handed a very important job. The most qualified aren't getting the most important jobs. The inbred half-breeds of the Top 1% are pumping out sons to take their place. Do you think Einstein was a rich man's son place into power by birth? The people at the top doing mass fraud and not doing their jobs, such as the FDA not really monitoring our food, is going to be our downfall. But we're all distracted by the terrorists with teleporting flying camels that drop WMDs.

I tend to agree with what Black has said. The government didn't have the stomach to tell people and institutions no. It had all the authority it needed, it just failed to use it. Now we have politicians on both sides spouting out about how we need reform, but in reality all we need is enforcement of existing regulation. I'm no fan of regulations, however some make sense. Unfortunately when you have regulations that you fail to enforce, that is worse than having no regulations at all, as people tend to think they are being protected by the regulators, they have a false sense of security, and often times fail to do their own due diligence.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Can anyone summarize? I guess the hospital wi-fi doesn't accomodate youtube videos.

Honestly Perch has a good summary.

Black says how his own group replaced a CEO while the government did nothing to stop the fraud. The none action by the government really sounds fishy to me. Were people in the government bought off between 2000-2009?

Honestly Perch has a good summary.

Black says how his own group replaced a CEO while the government did nothing to stop the fraud. The none action by the government really sounds fishy to me. Were people in the government bought off between 2000-2009?

Yes, and before that, and even as we speak.