[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Selling my motorcycle

Hugh 0ne

This ad worked pretty well...

"Bike for Sale: 2006 Suzuki GSXR 1000 - $10,000....This bike is perfect! It has 1000 miles and has had it's 500 mile dealer service. I use it as a cruiser/commuter. I'm selling it because it was purchased without proper consent of a loving wife. Apparently "do whatever the f*** you want" doesn't mean what I thought."

2004 Yamaha YZF600, low miles, mint condition, and it goes so fast it will blow all of the hair off the top of your head, just in case anyone's interested. :wacko:

hmmm

(seriously, you should post of a picture of you with the bike with that quote--I bet it helps to sell it)

This ad worked pretty well...

"Bike for Sale: 2006 Suzuki GSXR 1000 - $10,000....This bike is perfect! It has 1000 miles and has had it's 500 mile dealer service. I use it as a cruiser/commuter. I'm selling it because it was purchased without proper consent of a loving wife. Apparently "do whatever the f*** you want" doesn't mean what I thought."

:wacko: I've seeb a few versions of that in the classifieds.

What's the best way to sell a bike? Ebay? Craigslist? Thoughts? Suggestions? TIA. :tup:

2004 Yamaha YZF600, low miles, mint condition, just in case anyone's interested. :wacko:

I just bought mine off of Craig's list. The whole thing went very smooth but do be careful as there are a ton of scams being run through Craig's List. Do not accept a cashiers check as guaranteed to be good. I had a friend lose a bike that way.

The way we did it with my bike was... We went together to his bank and deposited the cash to be sure the bills were all real. Then went together to the title place to transfer the title to my name. Very hassle free and I left with the bike and a title printed in my name in my pocket.

You have any pics of the bike? I am looking for something for the GF and we are undecided between starting her on a 600 or maybe something smaller.

I would start with Craigslist simply because you don't have to incur the fees associated with Ebay. I would try to stay away from Ebay with such high cost items because the fees are so high now. And like the above poster mentioned there are a ton of potential scammers on Craigslist, be sure to meet face to face and complete the full transaction and trasfer of title together.

Edited by frankf

FWIW, last time I bought a motorcycle (about a year ago), I told the seller that I'd show up with the $ and a tag taken off my other bike to get it home. He asked me to complete all the title and tag work before picking up the bike, saying that if I got in a wreck on the way home he'd still have legal liability, even though he'd signed the title over to me. I didn't bother checking to see if this was the case, since he was a nice enough guy and I didn't mind taking care of the paperwork first.

You may want to look into this if your buyer wants to do the same thing I was planning.