[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cats

SEC=UGA

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

. People supply these little Penny Laneers with a litter box, but they don’t always use it.

We help to take care of a stray neighborhood cat....he was abandoned by his former owners who we found out live one street over from us but that is a different story....anyway we put a covered cat box (like a dog house) on our porch so that he could go into it for cover during rain and bad weather....when it was really cold out (below freezing) we would let him stay in the house so he could sleep and get warm...We did NOT have a litter box for him to use in the house...we would go to bed and let him stay asleep in the house and when he needed to go out he would always come over to my side of the bed and meow for me to let him out...one nite he did that and I didn't get up to let him out because I was so tired...well the next day my wife smelled cat urine...I told her I didn't smell it but when I got home from work I did smell it....it was in our bedroom....well I hunted around to find the smell and guess where I found it....in a small little bathroom type trash can my wife has next to her makeup desk....yes the cat climbed up on top of a small trash can and pissed in the can (which had a bag in it)...I took the bag out and the smell was 100% gone...never in a million years would I have thought any cat would climb up on a trash can to take a leak.

Puhlease... her unsanitary little sumbitches were actively trying to destroy my property.

:tup:

Nice edit. :wacko: But I expected the :lol: Real classy. :(:lol:

Did you even try to contact the proper authorities to try and rectify the situation? How do you know they could survive?

There is no excuse for being a vigilante on any level.

Still wrong on too many levels.

I kind of feel a majority of this thread is a fishing expidition

Perhaps, my friend, but if he did what he claims to have done, it's wrong! Damn...he didn't even have the sack to tell her what he did! *sigh* If one is going to pull that crap, at least man up to it. Real clever trapping 2 cats but being a wuss about manning up to it. :tup:

The anger and self righteousness in this country is really out of control. It has to stop! I'm just fed up with the "ME First" crap going on.

If you have a problem, deal with it a legal/moral way. Is that too much to ask?

Can't say I condone it either, but I have to say I understand the frustration. He tried reasoning with the woman, but she was an ignorant cow. Most places don't have leash laws for cats, so an owner is free to keep dozens of them and let them go wherever the hell they want. While outside they destroy property, hunt birds and multiply like rabbits. IMO, owners who do this give up their rights as pet owners. It's now just a wild animal that is conditioned to come into your home because you give it Meow Mix. I wish he was able to trap all 9 of the little bastards instead of just two, maybe the woman would have learned a lesson. But I would have taken them to the SPCA.

My point! :lol: TY!

I don't like stray "pets" of any kind. When walking my dog I do not need a stray cat or dog annoying, tormenting, or attacking my dog and I. It's not right. You want to have cats running free? Get 2+ acres and a barn, but CONTAIN THEM!

If I'm over reacting, I can live w/ that. But at least read what has been said.

Cat haters are unsophisticated beasts who need the adoration of dependent, drooling dogs to satisfy their feelings of inadequacy. :tup:

My cats are clean, well-behaved, and do not make my entire house smell. My cats are loyal and attentive. In fact, I've never had a cat who was unduly aloof or bitchy. I think it has everything to do with how the pet is raised/trained and that goes for any species.

Interesting that some don't smell cats or see them as clean. I can smell a "cat house" from the porch - much to the chagrin of my realtor. :wacko: Even if they're box trained, they leave a distinct smell in a home. So do dogs - no argument there. They are all filthy creatures.

I don't like cats because they kill too many song and gamebirds, because too many of their owners let them wander the neighborhood and then call animal control because my dogs bark at their damn cats. I take great satisfaction every time my hound catches a cat that wanders into the yard. The toughest tom I ever saw stand its ground against Gunnar lasted less than a minute. A similar size 'coon has way more fight in it than a cat.

Nice edit. :wacko: But I expected the :tup: Real classy. :lol::lol:

Did you even try to contact the proper authorities to try and rectify the situation? How do you know they could survive?

There is no excuse for being a vigilante on any level.

Still wrong on too many levels.

Perhaps, my friend, but if he did what he claims to have done, it's wrong! Damn...he didn't even have the sack to tell her what he did! *sigh* If one is going to pull that crap, at least man up to it. Real clever trapping 2 cats but being a wuss about manning up to it. :tup:

The anger and self righteousness in this country is really out of control. It has to stop! I'm just fed up with the "ME First" crap going on.

If you have a problem, deal with it a legal/moral way. Is that too much to ask?

In regard to contacting the authorities... You ever call the authorities and tell them the neighbors cat is messing with your car? You want to know what kind of response you get, NONE. They come out talk to the owner, nothing chnges, etc... They're freaking cats, that's how I know they can survive. They are a menace, they eat anything, lizards, snakes, birds, chipmunks, if it is smaller than they are, they eat. That and I'm sure the pasture lands to which I took them had an ample supply of rodents for them to chow down on.

There are plenty of excuses for being a vigilante, plenty. Is it considered vigilanteism when one shhot s an intruder in their house, or takes physical action against someone destroying their property? I don't think so.

You're right, I didn't tell her what I did, still don't have a problem with it. I gotta live next door to her, it would have created waaaaay too many issues.

The anger and self righteousness is okay so long as it is anger and self righteousness regarding something that someone philosophically supports. If they don't philisophically support that position then it is untolerable. For instance, let's take this whole immigrtation bill, people who don't support deporting illegals are up in arms about it, those who support it are happy with it. The one's who are against view those who are for it as racists and biggots, it is okay to go out and protest against those who are trying to uphold a Constitutionally mandated federal law. But, if a group dares to protest illegaals in this country they are neanderthals and should be silenced.... As a matter of fact you are being self righteous in stating that my stance on Cats is wrongheaded and ignorant.

Cat haters are unsophisticated beasts who need the adoration of dependent, drooling dogs to satisfy their feelings of inadequacy. :wacko:

Never. I got married to fulfill those issues. Are you calling my wife a dog? I resent that.

As far as the unsophisticated goes, you're right, one of my toothless white trash neighbors back in the day owned about 40 cats and we were much less sophisticated than was she.

I wish that cats had to be leashed like dogs...it only seems fair. I had to cut down my pear tree b/c the neighbors feed strays and the strays were all over the fruit and the other animals it attracted (possums) and the cats would crap fruit all over my yard where my kids play. For starters, the neighbors love to feed the strays but noone is getting them shots or nuetered/spayed. Then the cats all had kittens. I had to call the pound to come get the kittens, which scared the neighbors b/c they thought the pound would get their own cats (they have theirs and they have strays). So, I bought a dog and now the cats are too scared to come around the back. Of course, I now have a dog crapping in my yard. And yes, we name all of our dogs Scooby.