[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think I've seen it all now

buddahj

I work across the street from a funeral home in Covington, KY...right across the river from Cincy. There was a funeral today & I saw no less than 5 guys show up in shorts & no shirts on & at least a half dozen wearing "wife beaters". I know it's hot out, but c'mon. You can't afford a pair of slacks & a polo??? It was a damn "cornucopia of ridiculousness".

I work across the street from a funeral home in Covington, KY...right across the river from Cincy. There was a funeral today & I saw no less than 5 guys show up in shorts & no shirts on & at least a half dozen wearing "wife beaters". I know it's hot out, but c'mon. You can't afford a pair of slacks & a polo??? It was a damn "cornucopia of ridiculousness".

I went to a funreal at Arlington National Cemetary for a good friends father on Wed. I told my wife I wasn't going to wear a suit but I did wear Kahkis, dress shirt and a tie. My buddy was in jean shorts and a tee shirt :wacko: At Arlington National with a 21 gun salute and the full military funreal.

My family is all buried in Louisville

Edited by T_bone65

While I was in the service I used to volunteer for the US Army funeral details for each base I was station at. I never had a chance to do the 21 gun salute. I was always the pallbearer and one of the flag folder that finished the folds before handing it to the Sgt. in charge who presents it to the spouse/mother/father.

People use the term "It was an honor..." all the time but for me, it was truly an honor to do each one. It was always so hard not to tear up when TAPS was played. For any other type of funeral service or viewing where I see people in t-shirts and jeans or whatever, I have an overwhelming feeling of sadness for the lack of respect and dignity.

sounds like a cliaz love song

While I was in the service I used to volunteer for the US Army funeral details for each base I was station at. I never had a chance to do the 21 gun salute. I was always the pallbearer and one of the flag folder that finished the folds before handing it to the Sgt. in charge who presents it to the spouse/mother/father.

People use the term "It was an honor..." all the time but for me, it was truly an honor to do each one. It was always so hard not to tear up when TAPS was played. For any other type of funeral service or viewing where I see people in t-shirts and jeans or whatever, I have an overwhelming feeling of sadness for the lack of respect and dignity.

Our ROTC group at school got caught short one Memorial Day service and since I was good friends with them, I played TAPS for them at the service. I almost couldn't get through it, thinking about the sacrifices made. At the end I was shaking putting WAY too much vibrato into it.

For any other type of funeral service or viewing where I see people in t-shirts and jeans or whatever, I have an overwhelming feeling of sadness for the lack of respect and dignity.

Sadness? I get angry. Very angry.

Sadness? I get angry. Very angry.

+1 People think they're owed something in this world, for whatever reason. The by-product of that is that if everyone owes them, they don't owe anyone else. So we end up with self-indulgent ninnies who refuse to deal with life on life's terms and don't show an ounce of respect for anyone.