[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

16 Team Dynasty Advice

Let me start off by giving you guys my league's scoring format. I'll exclude Kicking and Team Defense since they aren't really relevant.

Passing 1pt per 50 yards, 6 pts per TD

Rushing 1pt per 20 yards, 6 pts per TD

Receiving 1pt per 20 yards, 6 pts per TD

My projected roster as of now:

QB-Aaron Rodgers

WR-Miles Austin

WR-Percy Harvin

WR-Hakeem Nicks

RB-Montario Hardesty

RB-Justin Forsett

TE-Jermichael Finley

W/T-Mike Wallace

K-Lawrence Tynes

DEF-Miami

Bench:

QB-Brett Favre

QB-Sam Bradford

WR-Devin Aromashodu

WR-Laurent Robinson

RB-Ben Tate

RB-Arian Foster

RB-Charles Scott

TE-Heath Miller

I just received the following offer. I give Aaron Rodgers and get Ben Roethlisberger and Jonathan Stewart. I'm torn here fellas. On one hand I'd love to get my hands on another decent RB like Stewart but on the same token I'd hate losing my franchise QB. Not to mention Roethlisberger has that dreaded suspension to kick the year off when I'm likely going to need a QB the most. But this is a dynasty league so while we are playing for today we are also playing for tomorrow. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would do this trade , you have Favre for the short term next year . Roth should bounce back and have a least a couple hih caliber years left and then you have Bradford who will hopefully be top notch in a couple of years. Your RBs are not very strong and you would be getting Stewart who should become a feature back by 2011 somewhere. Make the deal.

I wouldn't do it

Rodgers is a stud and will be. You have young depth at RB that will develop. I think you could do better than Ben in that deal but I don't see the need to pull the trigger to downgrade QB and add another young RB

You might be able to get a better deal, and I would work on that with other owners, Ben's off the field actions scare me (not just the alleged rape, but the motor cycle, and he just seems immature to me) and while he is a good QB, he isn't great. If you can get a RB the same caliber as Stewart with a QB with less off the field issues than Ben I'd try that. Having said all that, If that is the best trade you can get, it still makes sense giving your roster. I would do it.

I would be asking for a lot more for Rodgers, if I even considered trading him, which in your case, looking at your roster, I probably wouldn't unless I was getting a monster deal (Ben would not be part of that deal). It would have to include a top 10 QB because i wouldn't bet my future on Favre or Bradford right now. I see Favre going out even earlier with an injury this year and STL has a long way to go before Bradford can really shine.

ETA: I think your RB problems will be a thing of the past going into next season. Your rookies will be rolling by then.

Edited by DO Jaded

I would be asking for a lot more for Rodgers, if I even considered trading him, which in your case, looking at your roster, I probably wouldn't unless I was getting a monster deal (Ben would not be part of that deal). It would have to include a top 10 QB because i wouldn't bet my future on Favre or Bradford right now. I see Favre going out even earlier with an injury this year and STL has a long way to go before Bradford can really shine.

ETA: I think your RB problems will be a thing of the past going into next season. Your rookies will be rolling by then.

3600 -25 tds average year over last 3 for Ben, 4200 and 28 over last 2 for Rodgers, which is a difference of 30 points a season or less than 2 points per game. I don't think you let 2 pts per week stop you from acquiring a player who should ,if he gets the full load, be a top 5 back. Also I am not sure what roster you are looking at but his RB's are not that strong. Tate is a question mark , Hardesty as well, along with both being in crowded backfileds. Forsett , not an everydown back in my opinion. I think Stewart immediately becomes the best back on his roster, by a long way.

3600 -25 tds average year over last 3 for Ben, 4200 and 28 over last 2 for Rodgers, which is a difference of 30 points a season or less than 2 points per game. I don't think you let 2 pts per week stop you from acquiring a player who should ,if he gets the full load, be a top 5 back. Also I am not sure what roster you are looking at but his RB's are not that strong. Tate is a question mark , Hardesty as well, along with both being in crowded backfileds. Forsett , not an everydown back in my opinion. I think Stewart immediately becomes the best back on his roster, by a long way.

That being said, it's sad when your best back on your roster is second in the line up.

Thanks guys for all your replies. I really do appreciate you taking the time to add your 2 cents.

I think I've decided to just hold tight to Aaron Rodgers. It may not be best decision for short term gains but hopefully with a little luck, my rookie RBs producing, it may pay off. If I'm facing facts right now my roster probably isn't championship quality. Because of this I'm now thinking my best course of action is best player available rather than worrying about needs. Since in my mind Aaron Rodgers is the best player involved in the proposed deal I need to keep him. Maybe in a season or two I'll have enough quality pieces to make a serious run.

Once again thank you all for your input. If anyone has anything else to add I'd love to hear it.

Aaron Rodgers is a player you build your team around. Big Ben has not been that consistent. Jonathan Stewart has too many RBC and injury concerns. The only way you trade Rodgers is if you get a RB that you could build around. I say try and make some other deals first b4 you deal Rodgers. If you find out for sure that Favre is coming back, then try and get a better deal than Big Ben an J. Stewart. That's a fair deal, but right now Rodgers is a hot commodity, so you should overcharge.

Actually, it's 29 for Rodgers, and he gets to play opening day this season. And you are missing the 250yd rushing avg vs Ben's 130. So it's really 42 points. I also see Rodgers getting better while Ben has peaked, and may even be on the way down (no longer has Holmes to throw to and Ward is near his end)

And that's a pretty big IF if Stewart gets to tote the rock as the #1. I don't see DWill slowing down for a couple more years.

I believe Hardesty and Tate will both be solid RBs by 2011 season, so yeah, I'm saying hold onto a top 3 QB unless you are getting a much better deal. At least one of the players you get should be a sure thing.

You might be able to get a better deal, and I would work on that with other owners, Ben's off the field actions scare me (not just the alleged rape, but the motor cycle, and he just seems immature to me) and while he is a good QB, he isn't great. If you can get a RB the same caliber as Stewart with a QB with less off the field issues than Ben I'd try that. Having said all that, If that is the best trade you can get, it still makes sense giving your roster. I would do it.

+1 Shop for a better deal, the other owners need to be aware Rogers is available. You will have the upper hand.