[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is J Stewart worth this ?

I asked about J Stewart because I am a huge fan of his and have been wanting him since he came out in my dynasty league.

A guy in my league basically stole him from the guy who drafted him in a deal where he gave up 4 1st round picks for Stewart/Forte last year then dealt Forte for 3 1st and more.

Basically the guy got Stewart, 3 2nd's and 3 3rd's for 1 single 1st round pick.

So this is what he wants for Stewart.

My 1.02, a future 1st in 2011 that I got in a trade that projects to a possible top 4 pick next year (I say about 50% chance at least top 4)

plus Steve Slaton

Is J Stewart worth all that ? I don't think he is but let me ask the biggest Stewart fan on the board tazinib1.

Is J Stewart worth all that ? I don't think he is but let me ask the biggest Stewart fan on the board tazinib1.

I would have taken the deal involving picks any day of the week. Picks are extremely over-rated when compared to proven young studs like Stew. He will be a monster when he is handed the gig exclusively. That time is nearing and I think the guy who owns him knows that but adding a young stud WR into the mix? :wacko: the dude is on drugs. Tell him firmly thanks, but no thanks. I bet he backs down and proposes the original offer. If you get Stew, congrats. 2011 is the year of the Stew.

Edited by tazinib1

I would have taken the deal involving picks any day of the week. Picks are extremely over-rated when compared to proven young studs like Stew. He will be a monster when he is handed the gig exclusively. That time is nearing and I think the guy who owns him knows that but adding a young stud WR into the mix? :wacko: the dude is on drugs. Tell him firmly thanks, but no thanks. I bet he backs down and proposes the original offer. If you get Stew, congrats. 2011 is the year of the Stew.

I would have to 100%, unequivocally disagree. Stewart is a solid back and will probably get better numbers than many #1 back in the league, however, he is still the #2 back in a team that will start to pass Moore (see the pun there) and more. I think this guys is on crack that is asking for so much. Williams will be healthy this year and they have a QB that has some decent talent. I no way would I make such a deal.

And regarding the picks, picks are so primary for a good dynasty team, it's crazy.

The 1.02 is going to be either Mathews or Bryant whichever falls to me.

So the question is if Stewart is worth Mathews/Bryant plus a 2011 1st rounder that has a 67% chance of being a top 4 pick and a 80% chance of being a top 6 pick next year plus Slaton.

That is the absolute most I would deal for him and even then I don't think I could do it.

I would do it for the future 1st and Slaton and maybe for the 1.02 and Slaton but not both picks.

2011 draft class is supposed to be pretty deep in talent at the top of the board so it behoves people to get a high pick which is why I made the trade I did to land that future pick.

I was a little off. He wants the 1.02 plus Slaton plus both of my 2011 1st round picks (the one I got in a trade plus my own)

2011 1st round (mine)

2011 1st round (another teams that will probably miss playoffs and be top 4 pick)

Slaton

ARG

The is crazy if he wants all that. I like Stewart and have him and let me tell you if I got that I would love it. Get Matthews or Dez and move on.

+1

I would have to 100%, unequivocally disagree. Stewart is a solid back and will probably get better numbers than many #1 back in the league, however, he is still the #2 back in a team that will start to pass Moore (see the pun there) and more. I think this guys is on crack that is asking for so much. Williams will be healthy this year and they have a QB that has some decent talent. I no way would I make such a deal.

And regarding the picks, picks are so primary for a good dynasty team, it's crazy.

Considering this is a 10 man league and its a shallow IDP to boot, yes the picks are over-rated. Regardless, you can disagree all you want....but to think the Panthers are going to be a heavy pass team with 2 RB's that can start is crazy talk.

I just seen in a start up dynasty draft Mathews go in the 2nd round, Stewart and Dez Bryant both in the 3rd a few picks apart.

I am holding fast to my initial thought that the 1.02 was about equal value for Stewart.

I also noticed on another site where they just dedicate a link for all 2010 off season dynasty trades someone traded Stewart straight up for the 1.02.

I believe this is all that he is worth right now because you really can't say for sure if Williams is gone or not.

To get a good feel where player's current values are for dynasty trades I think the best resource I have found this year is a number of start up dynasty drafts that really tells a good story and what people think they are worth.

I have seen Stewart go as high as 8 and as low as 30 in these drafts.

Edited by Henry Muto

Your right it took a while but he has backed down some.

He has given me 2 offers.

My 1.02 plus Montana's 2011 1st rounder (projects as top 4)

or

Montana's 2011 1st rounder

My 2011 1st rounder

My 2012 1st rounder

I am hoping my 2 picks project to 7-10 but you never can tell.

I don't care much about my 1st rounders but if that pick ends up being 1.01 or 1.02 for Montana next year that player could be worth as much or more than Stewart himself. That Alamaba RB if he comes out I would guess would be worth more than Stewart no ?

It certainly is a wild card trade if I make it as everything would depend on what his pick ends up being.

I am having a hard time dealing away 3 1st round picks I have gone since 2006 without a 1st rounder from my LT trade