[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st overall Pick

Gourdeau

Finally after 4 years of constantly picking in the middle of the draft, I have the first pick!

Now, what do I do with it. Is there anyone out there, who thinks I am absolutely off my rocker, if I am considering taking Andre Johnson at #1. The league has developed into a QB WR game, and in my league, we are TD and Pass yards heavy, with 6 pts for a pass td, and 1 point for every 25 pass yards. We are a ten team league, no keepers etc, with the following starters: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, WR/RB flex, TE, DST, 2X IDP, K.

I've done multiplt mock drafts, and seem to end up with a decent team all around, but I feel like the RB pool is much deeper than the WR pool....

Thoughts?

Is there anyone out there, who thinks I am absolutely off my rocker, if I am considering taking Andre Johnson at #1.

Yes.... Now way AJ should be taken until the time you would have taken him in past years, with a middle-to-late pick, 6th at the highest....

Only if you were required to start 3+ receivers could you maybe make an argument for taking him higher (and probably not even then), but especially with your format, then you absolutely should take the unquestioned BPA RBs, whichever you like better out of Peterson and Johnson... I'm not sure you'll find any reliable advice-giver who would tell you any differently.

(ETA: Those few reliable 3-down backs are worth their weight in gold, so I agree with Zooty that if you're really sold on AJ, then it should'nt be too tough to trade back, rather than reaching over those elite RBs.)

Edited by delusions of granduer

Yes.... Now way AJ should be taken until the time you would have taken him in past years, with a middle-to-late pick, 6th at the highest....

Only if you were required to start 3+ receivers could you maybe make an argument for taking him higher (and probably not even then), but especially with your format, then you absolutely should take the unquestioned BPA RBs, whichever you like better out of Peterson and Johnson... I'm not sure you'll find any reliable advice-giver who would tell you any differently.

I could even buy 5th (after MJD,AP, RR and CJ) maybe 4th (ahead of RR)

Is this league PPR? Not that it would really matter

might as well trade down and pick in the middle again if you want AJ. :wacko:

Ya but if I trade down I Lose my positioning as it is a snake draft I get two picks in a row. I don't know, maybe I am nuts. I just feel like there aren't many ELITE WR's out there, and if I pick a RB first, by the time the 20th pick comes along the majority of the likes of AJ, Megatron, WAYNE, may be gone.

Ya but if I trade down I Lose my positioning as it is a snake draft I get two picks in a row. I don't know, maybe I am nuts. I just feel like there aren't many ELITE WR's out there, and if I pick a RB first, by the time the 20th pick comes along the majority of the likes of AJ, Megatron, WAYNE, may be gone.

What you are failing to realize is that there's even less sure fire RB's than sure fire WR's. Yes, the depth at RB is greater than it possibly ever has been, but with the advent of the committee aproach you don't have many backs that carry the full load. This makes backs like AP, MJD, and CJ that much more valuable. Backs like these are far more consistent than top line WR's.

I could even buy 5th (after MJD,AP, RR and CJ) maybe 4th (ahead of RR)

Is this league PPR? Not that it would really matter

Dont forget Gore. I wouldn't take AJ till 6th

What do you mean you would lose your draft position ? You are not allowed to make a trade say like your 1.01 plus your 4.12 for the guy who has the 5th pick his 1.05 and his 3.05 ?

You move down 4 spots still get your guy and you move up from late 4th round to mid 3rd round.

That's a great trade for the guy in the 5th slot getting CJ.

If you can't make any deals like this I would just take CJ.

Stop the madness!!! AJ #1 is insane. Let me put this in perspective. AJ and Hines ward almost had similar #'s in fantasy last year. AJ only outscored him by 50 points but the drafting position was nearly 6 rounds.Not that Hines will catch 95 balls again, but hey why not? Hes still got the talent..........get my drift.

Finally after 4 years of constantly picking in the middle of the draft, I have the first pick!

Now, what do I do with it. Is there anyone out there, who thinks I am absolutely off my rocker, if I am considering taking Andre Johnson at #1. The league has developed into a QB WR game, and in my league, we are TD and Pass yards heavy, with 6 pts for a pass td, and 1 point for every 25 pass yards. We are a ten team league, no keepers etc, with the following starters: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, WR/RB flex, TE, DST, 2X IDP, K.

I've done multiplt mock drafts, and seem to end up with a decent team all around, but I feel like the RB pool is much deeper than the WR pool....

Thoughts?

Edited by ajfalcone

Take Drew Brees First!!!!

Bress is a lock for 30+ TDs and has 68 over the last 2 seasons.

Either Brees or Aaron Rodgers will be the highest scorer in your league and with only 10 teams, you can select 2 stud WR with your 20th and 21st overall picks.

Imagine a squad of Drew Brees, Miles Austin, Larry Fitzgerald. Perfect for your QB WR league!

Take Drew Brees First!!!!

Bress is a lock for 30+ TDs and has 68 over the last 2 seasons.

Either Brees or Aaron Rodgers will be the highest scorer in your league and with only 10 teams, you can select 2 stud WR with your 20th and 21st overall picks.

Imagine a squad of Drew Brees, Miles Austin, Larry Fitzgerald. Perfect for your QB WR league!

Bolded section is irrelevant towards player value. Point differential is the key. Just not there in general for QBs, particular in smaller (12 or less teams) start 1 QB leagues.