[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade 1.02 for 6 draft picks in 2011 ?

I am being offered the following for this year's 1.02 pick

(2) 2011 1st round picks

(1) 2011 2nd round pick

(3) 2011 3rd round picks

This is a 10 team league

Odds are that both of the 1st round picks will be in the lower half of the draft (5-10) but you never know.

Both teams come out of the same division so there is a chance maybe 1 would not make the playoffs.

In fact the team that is offering me this deal was the team who had the 1.01 this year because he finished with the worst record but I think that might have been a fluke and he is most likely to finish 3rd and make the playoffs this year but a good chance he loses in round 1 and his pick is 5 or 6.

I am heavily leaning toward NOT doing this deal because I really like Mathews and Bryant and I will get 1 of them for sure though I am enamored with next year's draft.

If I made this deal it would set me up for a very strong draft next year (though I am not sure that should be factored into the thought process of this deal)

I would end up with the following picks in 2011

(4) 1st round picks

(3) 2nd round picks

(4) 3rd round picks

So I would own 4 of the top 10 and 11 of the top 30.

3 of the 1st round picks would all be in the other division meaning only if exactly all 3 made the playoffs I would not get a top 4 pick so odds are at least one of them would finish out of the playoffs because they would be the #3 and #4 ranked teams going into this year based off their talent.

Thoughts ? I am finding it hard to pull the trigger and give up Mathews/Braynt even with that awesome amount of picks for next year.

If you like Matthews and Bryant that much you can't take it.

Personally I could pass on Matthews (good talent, better situation, could be a Forte type in which case you kick yourself for passing). I can't really make an argument against Bryant unless your WRs are already fairly young and set.

I couldn't pass up the glut of picks in 2011 and I'd take the deal and run.

If you like Matthews and Bryant that much you can't take it.

Personally I could pass on Matthews (good talent, better situation, could be a Forte type in which case you kick yourself for passing). I can't really make an argument against Bryant unless your WRs are already fairly young and set.

I couldn't pass up the glut of picks in 2011 and I'd take the deal and run.

Odds are Bryant will be the one to fall to me and I already have Marshall and Vincent Jackson but my other WR's are Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Steve Smith (Car) so I need some infusion of youth as well. I am hoping Moss can pass the torch on my team as Moss has led the way for 12 seasons now for my team and I am looking at Bryant to continue the excellence at WR.

If those draft picks had more of a chance of being top 4 I would want it more.

Isn't it amazing how much people value current picks ?

Odds are Bryant will be the one to fall to me and I already have Marshall and Vincent Jackson but my other WR's are Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Steve Smith (Car) so I need some infusion of youth as well. I am hoping Moss can pass the torch on my team as Moss has led the way for 12 seasons now for my team and I am looking at Bryant to continue the excellence at WR.

If those draft picks had more of a chance of being top 4 I would want it more.

Isn't it amazing how much people value current picks ?

Take the deal and get infused next year or trade one or two of the picks for a WR.

IMO you have to take the deal. I am from Dallas and obviously love Bryant, but next years draft is suppose to be extremely strong and who knows if some young players who are getting shots shine this year you might even be able to package deals to get them next year. You have so many picks coming your way. I say take the deal look to see what is coming in next year and if you end up not liking it that much. Put some packages together and try to get younger next year.

Although the deal is attractive, and the guy is overpaying, I wouldn't do the deal. The drop off from pick 1.3 is usually pretty significant. Imagine if you end up with a 1.9 or 1.10 next year. Suddenly your speculating on a lesser player. Grab Bryant or Matthews (if he falls which is unlikely) and bolster your line-up now. Next year several of your WR's are pretty ageing and I would rather have a Dez Bryant with a year's experience than a rookie with none.

If you're thinking of trading the 1.2 then why trade for picks? You could advertise on your league's message board that its up for trade and see what you get. So many people over value draft picks... you could end up with a really nice young vet WR who will be more valuable to your line-up now than possibly Bryant.

Edited by fins4superbowl

Depends on how strong your team is now, how deep rosters are, etc.

With relatively shallow rosters and an already deep team, then the plethora of picks next year does very little for you.

If your team is relatively weak and/or aging, or you have deeper rosters, then the picks have more value to you. More so if it is very likely that you can parlay some of the picks next year into 2012 picks (and continue this snowball affect for a couple of years), thus giving you multiple years of improved draft position to continuosly resupply your team.

Assess your team situation and apply above advice accordingly. :wacko:

I'm not enamored with the crop of RB's and WR's coming out in 2011. The fact that these picks you are getting will be in the lower half of the 1st round, the top 2 WR's and RB's along with Jake Locker (speculation here) will be gone. The fall off after that is pretty dramatic as the rest of the field are going to be 2/3yr projects. Now if this were an IDP league, I'd take that deal and fly as the LB/DE crop in 2011 is going to be amazing.

So, no. Keep the 1.2 and take Bryant and be happy about it. You won't get a Bryant next year.

Edited by tazinib1

This is my CFL league posted in my sig if you want to check our rosters, ect. I am Charleston. My team is deep at WR and I won the title last year and always am in the hunt year in and year out and I want either Bryant or Mathews whichever falls to me so I did indeed turn his deal down and he was not happy about it telling me what a mistake I was making.

I took a look at your league. How is it that PK is among the highest scoring positions? :wacko: Be that as it may, it looks like a limited IDP league so yeah, you made the right choice IMO.

We are a TD heavy scoring league so that is why kickers score so many points compared to other players.

No 1 pt per 10 yards here TD's rule the day.

It was even worse a few years ago we had straight cut off lines 99 yards = 0 pts, 100 yards = 3 pts

Last year we finally added 50 yards = 1 pt, 75yards = 2 pts, 100 yards = 3 pts, 125 = 4 pts, ect

This year we are making it more of a 50/50 league but you still need to reach important yard markers like 100 yards.

50 yards will be 1 pt, 75 yards 3 pts, 100 yards 5 pts then 125 yards 6 pts and so on.

So more pts for yards but TD's still rule the day.

With home teams having a true home field advantage in our league we could never go 1 pt per 10 yards as that extra home player would account for like 20 pts that be too big of an edge as it stands now a home player adds about 4 pts and is right on par with the NFL home field advantage.