[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patios

Skilly

I'm having a brick paver patio installed, about 16 x 20 ft in area. Two different sizes of pavers, and a lot of diagonal cutting involved. Also having a small retaining wall built around a tree next to our patio. Is $3000 a fair price for this work? That includes all labor and materials.

Note: I'm not confident enough to do this this work myself, nor inclined to put in the labor. I'd rather pay someone to make sure it comes out right.

I'm having a brick paver patio installed, about 16 x 20 ft in area. Two different sizes of pavers, and a lot of diagonal cutting involved. Also having a small retaining wall built around a tree next to our patio. Is $3000 a fair price for this work? That includes all labor and materials.

Note: I'm not confident enough to do this this work myself, nor inclined to put in the labor. I'd rather pay someone to make sure it comes out right.

I don't think that's bad at all as long as the contractor has a good rep. Others may disagree.

Seems fair to me - I had some work done two years back and it included a brick patio - price overall was around 4k but I had a lot ot other stuff done also.

Check into the dude - the guy that did mine is now in jail for attemoted murder - I also had a 70 year old neighbor stop by soon after mine was done looking for the guy because they paid in advance and the jerk never showed. Enjoy the slammer buddy.

Seems fair to me - I had some work done two years back and it included a brick patio - price overall was around 4k but I had a lot ot other stuff done also.

Check into the dude - the guy that did mine is now in jail for attemoted murder - I also had a 70 year old neighbor stop by soon after mine was done looking for the guy because they paid in advance and the jerk never showed. Enjoy the slammer buddy.

This guy is pretty good, and did some work for us last summer which we were very pleased with. I can't find any negative reviews on him. He and his brother run the small company, and they do most of the work themselves, then sub out when they need additional laborers.

Getting 2 or 3 quotes will help determine if you are getting a fair price.

Indeed.

You can also price a comparable paver stone from your local landscape supply company to get an idea of how much those materials run, and then you have an idea of the labor charge in that 3Gs.

Make sure they are not getting the pavers from HD, Lowes, etc. as those are not as nice as the supply house type (thicker, more even color, etc.) Make sure they have done several. What is their warranty (all paver patios settle). I have done 2 of these and at my current house paid to have it done. They charge about double what the materials alone cost, which was well worth it! This job is a lot of heavy work. My patio was larger with a wall too. It took 4 guys about 5-6 days to complete the job. Get 2-3 quotes to be sure.