[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Divorce FINALLY Final

Cyclones

We just agreed we would take what we came with and split everything we gained while married. She stayed home a good bit of the time so I split what we had in retirement and we did sell our townhouse. We split all of our bills, actually went through consumer credit consuling and paid everything off in 2 years. As far as child support we used the Maryland state forumla and I sent her a check every 2 weeks for 11 years, she always had the option of going through court if I didn't pay. As far as custody he stayed with her most of the time but I had him all summer, christmas break and winter break along with some weekends, they moved to upstate NY so we would meet half way. Now he is 19 almost 20 and has lived here since he was 18.

That's incredible how well the two of you handled things. That has to be the easiest, most civil divorce I've ever heard of other than when the Lenape Indians roamed. In those days when the man was done with the woman he just left or never showed up at the end of the day. When the woman was done with the man, she just emptied all of his belongings out of the wigwam onto what would be the front porch and when he got home, he would just grab his stuff and leave. And it sounds as though things have remained civil between you and your ex over the years. Did either or both of you re-marry?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 ... that's the only thing to see in any of this. Set aside your differences and your own pain and raise him well, together. Your common love for him will make it work if you allow it to. All the best with raising him.

+1...I hope she does not try to brainwash your child. I have a good friend...his ex-wife had 2 other children before their marraige and they have 2 other kids from their marriage. She and her original children (his former step kids) have brainwashed his other 2 kids and it is so sad. They did not even tell him the boy joined little league. She won't let them sit next to him when they have to be in public together. And in all honestly, (Scooby would vouch for this) he is a very gentile and nice dad. She is just a crazy bitch.

+1...I hope she does not try to brainwash your child. I have a good friend...his ex-wife had 2 other children before their marraige and they have 2 other kids from their marriage. She and her original children (his former step kids) have brainwashed his other 2 kids and it is so sad. They did not even tell him the boy joined little league. She won't let them sit next to him when they have to be in public together. And in all honestly, (Scooby would vouch for this) he is a very gentile and nice dad. She is just a crazy bitch.

:wacko:Looks like she is already using him as a pawn.

That's incredible how well the two of you handled things. That has to be the easiest, most civil divorce I've ever heard of other than when the Lenape Indians roamed. In those days when the man was done with the woman he just left or never showed up at the end of the day. When the woman was done with the man, she just emptied all of his belongings out of the wigwam onto what would be the front porch and when he got home, he would just grab his stuff and leave. And it sounds as though things have remained civil between you and your ex over the years. Did either or both of you re-marry?

Both have remarried, and as BJ has said My current wife and I have a soon to be 5 year old daughter. It will be 6 years 11/6, just as Twiley and his wife.