[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What round to Draft Ryan Matthews

In a ten team league....scoring is td heavy as only get 1 pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving.....no PPC.....Can keep 'franchise' player for as long as you want....so, besides trades, no chance of getting young studs like Peterson...Chris Johnson...MJD.....Basically, draft starts with 20 players gone....

That being said, when should Ryan Matthews be drafted?

I'd also imagine that some people would be holding onto some other studs such as a Rodgers or AJ (potentiallY) so that could leave allot of avaible talent that would put Mathews further down the draft menu. In a keeper leauge, I've come to notice that rookies, even highly toughted ones such as Mathews still make it to the 2nd round, on most cases and sometimes as low as late 3rd, depending on the depth of the league.

With a max of only 20 players being kept, the first thing you have to think about is whether or not Mathews has a realistic chance of being considered a top 20 overall player within the next few years, who you are currently keeping and if they would be considered better keepers than Matthews over the next few years, and who is available in the draft you may acquire that may be considered better keeper material than Matthews over the next few years.

Focusing on just one player is a recipe for making mistakes. For example, if you already have two strong RB keepers and can only start 2 RBs, then Matthews has much less potential value to you and you really shouldn;t focus on drafting him unless it is a bit later and presenting strong value, probably 3rd round or so in a 10 team league. However, to a team with no RB keepers, he may well present 1st or early 2nd round value and be long gone before it makes sense for you to even consider him.

So, that said, starting with BearBroncos question of who are you keeping (and are there any costs/restrictions associated with keeping players), what are lineup requirements?

It sounds like in your league, Matthews will be take in the first 10 picks. Im not saying thats where his value is based amongst other players, just that with the whole "franchise" thing, someone will reach for him hoping that he pans out for the next 5 years.

In most mocks, Matthews is being selected between 35 and 50. So with 20 players being "keppers" the earliest he should be taken is at 15. I could see Matthews being selected over RBs like Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy and Beanie Wells simply becuase "EVERYONE" is making a huge deal about how Matthews could be like LT was with Chargers.

Just focus on taking the best possible players at every pick.

In a ten team league....scoring is td heavy as only get 1 pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving.....no PPC.....Can keep 'franchise' player for as long as you want....so, besides trades, no chance of getting young studs like Peterson...Chris Johnson...MJD.....Basically, draft starts with 20 players gone....

That being said, when should Ryan Matthews be drafted?

how is this TD heavy ? 1 pt per 10 yards is TD light.

1200 yards = 120 pts

10 TD's = 60 pts

33% of pts are TD's

I am in a league where 100 yards = 3 pts, that is a TD heavy league.

1200 yards = 40 pts

10 TD's = 60 pts

60% of pts are TD's

Now on to the question. I would say probably in your 1st round because if 20 players are being kept, Mathews is going around pick 25-30 in most redrafts right now so your looking at mid 1st to early 2nd for your draft.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it......

Our rule is if you keep two players, same position, you cannot draft that position in the First Round. That being said, don't have a lot of 'studs' on my team, so I am planning on keeping either Beanie Wells or Cedric Benson and DeSean Jackson (or Schaub).

By doing this, I can draft any position (i.e. 'best available') with number one pick.

Players most likely being 'kept'

Adrian Peterson

Chris Johnson

Gore

MJD

Ray Rice

Rodgers

Manning

Brees

Larry Fitz

Andre Johnson

Randy Moss

LeSean McCoy

Michael Turner

Knowshon Moreno

Steven Jackson

This leaves 'limited' backs available......i.e....Forte.....DeAngelo Williams (possibly)....This is why Matthews can be intriguing....He's the starter....won't give up a huge amount of carries to Sproles...and is on a pretty good team....

could be re-building year for me.....

As far as rosters go, we can start 3 RB's.....TE's are not required.....and what I meant to say is that 1 pt every 25 yards rushing/receiving, not every 10 yards....

Edited by chinatown dragons

Shonn Greene most likely will be kept....

nervous about DeAngelo Williams, especially if Jonathan Stewart is helathy....

Not making the playoffs, I will have one of the top 4 picks in the draft (ten team league)....RB"s that could be available:

jamaal charles: cant see him being an every down back or 'stud'

DeAngelo Williams/Stewart: spitting time? injuries?

Ryan Matthews: Huddle predicts 1,240 yards, 10 tds, not bad...

Benson (if I keep Beanie; Beanie, if I keep Benson)...

guess can wait and see...we dont draft Mid-August, just getting head start...lot could happen...injuries...hold outs...