[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

illinois pensions

dmarc117

Soo wrong. There will not be anymore bubbles after Obama takes over the world with his anti-christ agenda! Free markets will die and we will all serve the evil emperor and his union cronies!

Victory at last! :wacko:

do you think this is sustainable? would you vote for this?

do you think this is sustainable? would you vote for this?

I think it is horrible. Do read the Sun Times or Tribune? The Sun-Times has an article about a Dupage County employee making 150K a year on top of a 100K a year pension , . . he was at work 10 times in 3 months.

I was just getting into rattsass's conspiracy theory jubilation . .:wacko:

I think it is horrible. Do read the Sun Times or Tribune? The Sun-Times has an article about a Dupage County employee making 150K a year on top of a 100K a year pension , . . he was at work 10 times in 3 months.

I was just getting into rattsass's conspiracy theory jubilation . .:wacko:

:tup:Those are not in the Sunday ads.

they need to use net present value for their calcuations--the fact that they did means that they are WAY trying to overstate their case

(This is not to say that I think the pensions are reasonable, just that it throws the websight's credibility into question.)

Edited by wiegie

they need to use net present value for their calcuations--the fact that they did means that they are WAY trying to overstate their case

(This is not to say that I think the pensions are reasonable, just that it throws the websight's credibility into question.)

Some facts about Illinois pensions: (Damn... I swore I would stay out of this fray, but some people here need an edumacation!

Facts:

I paid 8.5%-9.5% of my salary for 30 + years toward my pension. No option for anything else! It was MANDATED!

I pay $225/month for health care (myself only), but the state is so f'd up they aren't paying my bills and I get dunning notices on a weekly basis from my doctors/hospital/etc.. :wacko:

The state decided NOT to pay their portion for 20+ years even though it is a mandate from the state constitution! Try not paying your bills and see what happens. I guess the state is immune! :tup::tup::lol:

Unions had nothing to do w/ this! *sigh* It was written into law many years ago. LAW!! State constitution!! Can you hear me now?

The State borrowed/stole $$$$$$$$$$$ from the plan w/ no intention to pay it back! YES..Repugs and Demoncrats!

The retirees in the quote DO make a lot of money, BUT compare them to a CEO of a fortune 500 company and it's a pittance! YES...supers are the CEO equivalent!

The average retiree in the system gets ~$43,000 per year. Actually I have heard estimates as low as $27K/year. Prove me wrong!!??

Get some knowledge before you demand change! As retiree's we are being robbed!

The system was solvent until the ~2006 crash, EVEN W/O THE STATE'S CONTRIBUTION!!!

I paid my portion and they didn't!

Did you even know of the facts I just presented?

The state has and will continue to f'k us in the ass!

Read....DAMMIT...READ the facts and stop consoling yourself w/ BS from a web site that is just trying to stir the pot! A pot that has no real basis for truth!

As I said in a previous post....PM me or have me PM you a voice and we can discuss! So far I have gotten no PM's.

If nothing else tell me what facts you knew or didn't know from MY facts as stated.

Done.

Some facts about Illinois pensions: (Damn... I swore I would stay out of this fray, but some people here need an edumacation!

Facts:

I paid 8.5%-9.5% of my salary for 30 + years toward my pension. No option for anything else! It was MANDATED!

I pay $225/month for health care (myself only), but the state is so f'd up they aren't paying my bills and I get dunning notices on a weekly basis from my doctors/hospital/etc.. :wacko:

The state decided NOT to pay their portion for 20+ years even though it is a mandate from the state constitution! Try not paying your bills and see what happens. I guess the state is immune! :tup::tup::lol:

Unions had nothing to do w/ this! *sigh* It was written into law many years ago. LAW!! State constitution!! Can you hear me now?

The State borrowed/stole $$$$$$$$$$$ from the plan w/ no intention to pay it back! YES..Repugs and Demoncrats!

The retirees in the quote DO make a lot of money, BUT compare them to a CEO of a fortune 500 company and it's a pittance! YES...supers are the CEO equivalent!

The average retiree in the system gets ~$43,000 per year. Actually I have heard estimates as low as $27K/year. Prove me wrong!!??

The system was solvent until the ~2006 crash, EVEN W/O THE STATE'S CONTRIBUTION!!!

Read....DAMMIT...READ the facts and stop consoling yourself w/ BS from a web site that is just trying to stir the pot! A pot that has no real basis for truth!

As I said in a previous post....PM me or have me PM you a voice and we can discuss! So far I have gotten no PM's.

If nothing else tell me what facts you knew or didn't know from MY facts as stated.

Done.

I'm gonna apologize in advance for pissing you off even further.

You paid no social security taxes, correct?

I don't care how you cut it, the supers for a state school system have neither the skills or talents to be a CEO of a Private organization. Secondly, a private organization should be afforded the opportunity to pay more than a taxpayer subsidized system... their own fault for not being more highly skilled.

How do you think this stuff got written into the state constitution, it wasn't miracled in there by the good will ferry

We who are dependent upon social security are in as bad of shape as you, why shouldn't you have to face the same issues as us if the government goes broke?

As a % of income you will get more out of your pension than I will ever see outta SS, how do you square that?

Edited by SEC=UGA

I'm gonna apologize in advance for pissing you off even further.

You paid no social security taxes, correct? Yes I did when I spent time in the private sector + w/ 4 businesses including being an author of several books, BUT I will get probably nothing from it regardless of what I paid in. Also understand that many teachers will never see Medicare because they never paid in. Try getting a health insurance policy at 65yo!

I don't care how you cut it, the supers for a state school system have neither the skills or talents to be a CEO of a Private organization. And how do you derive that? What knowledge do you have of the educational system? Most school supers deal w/ more in a day than a corp CEO deals w/ in a month!

Secondly, a private organization should be afforded the opportunity to pay more than a taxpayer subsidized system... their own fault for not being more highly skilled. That's laughable! But I agree that a corporate CEO should get his/her slice. Like the banks that were bailed out by the gubment and gave millions to them! :wacko:

How do you think this stuff got written into the state constitution, it wasn't miracled in there by the good will ferry Fairies? :tup: NO fairies did not write them the powers that be did.

We who are dependent upon social security are in as bad of shape as you, why shouldn't you have to face the same issues as us if the government goes broke? Because so-so security was never intended to be a PENSION!!! Not to mention we pay 50+% more thanSS workers.

As a % of income you will get more out of your pension than I will ever see outta SS, how do you square that? We pay more!

Are you unemployed and disgruntled? If so I feel for you, but you ignored my facts! I stated facts...you gave opinions. Please re-read my post before posting again.

Facts:

Done.

robn, I wouldn't really dispute any of those facts, and as best I can tell, this isn't really a "union issue", or at least it shouldn't be. my only point is that your beef, if the state of illinois can't pay your pension, is with the state of illinois. it is not with the US taxpayer. the states that behaved irresponsibly should have to solve the problem by either raising taxes, cutting other spending, or rewriting their pension obligations (or some combination thereof). once the federal government becomes a big honey pot backing up all of these obligations, then we commence rewarding stupidity on the part of the states, while the states that behaved responsibly get the shaft. what sort of precedent does that create?

where this does become a union/political issue is when the unions start viewing a bailout of this idiocy with US taxpayer money as their birthright in return for all the hard work they did getting certain people elected. the states (some of them) and their employees created this problem, they need to be the ones to deal with it without counting on poltical favortism to rescue them.

fact -- we can not afford these pension obligations.

and unions will just strike to keep whats theirs. but i thought teachers taught for the kids, not the paycheck.

http://www.france24.com/en/20100526-unions...age-hike-france

whats wrong with this........

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/educati...0,7869030.story

Edited by dmarc117

fact -- we can not afford these pension obligations.

and unions will just strike to keep whats theirs. but i thought teachers taught for the kids, not the paycheck.

http://www.france24.com/en/20100526-unions...age-hike-france

whats wrong with this........

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/educati...0,7869030.story

Hey they should just kill all the old people that need it... problem solved,f they were stupid enough to do what the law required they should be punished.

I am sorry u are such an angry man Dmarc you should think about therapy or maybe sex with a human.

RR you should know better by now. :wacko:

Hey they should just kill all the old people that need it... problem solved,f they were stupid enough to do what the law required they should be punished.

I am sorry u are such an angry man Dmarc you should think about therapy or maybe sex with a human.

right, shocking that you(teacher) want to protect absurd pensions. the unions wrote the laws. its a joke. unions are a parasite on this great country.

when times are great, pay the teachers. when the sh1t hits the fan, your pensions should flex with the market and economy like every other retirement plan. but dont worry, the union backed pols will be out soon. and we will get back to normal times. good luck!

edit: of course im angry, we cant afford these pensions. lets see how angry you are when/if your pensions get cut. will you say ok? or will you be a hypocrite and strike?

Edited by dmarc117

robn, I wouldn't really dispute any of those facts, and as best I can tell, this isn't really a "union issue", or at least it shouldn't be. my only point is that your beef, if the state of illinois can't pay your pension, is with the state of illinois. it is not with the US taxpayer. the states that behaved irresponsibly should have to solve the problem by either raising taxes, cutting other spending, or rewriting their pension obligations (or some combination thereof). once the federal government becomes a big honey pot backing up all of these obligations, then we commence rewarding stupidity on the part of the states, while the states that behaved responsibly get the shaft. what sort of precedent does that create?

where this does become a union/political issue is when the unions start viewing a bailout of this idiocy with US taxpayer money as their birthright in return for all the hard work they did getting certain people elected. the states (some of them) and their employees created this problem, they need to be the ones to deal with it without counting on poltical favortism to rescue them.

If I alluded that a federal bailout was an answer, I'm sorry. That was never my intention. I agree w/ you, it's the state's problem, and YES the state politicos have kept our income tax artificially low so as to appease the voters to get re-elected. Fiscal responsibility has nothing to do w/ it.

I hear ya Yuke, but I can't help myself.

Like the old fire house horses....when they hear the bell, they want to run and keep doing their job.

Once a teacher...always a teacher.