[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Discuss

SEC=UGA

That was what I had in mind as the original premise was a direct military takeover. I will concede your other points but I was looking at generals as heads of state.

General Washington, Andrew Jackson, General Grant, General Eisenhower.... :wacko::tup:

Edited by SEC=UGA

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. We are kind of the most militaristic aggressive nation on the planet and have been for easily the last half century. Plenty of those military actions were for good reason, so I'm not trying to debate the why. I just don't think there is any real way to paint the US as being pacifist. :wacko:

Yep, SEC understood what I meant. I was talking about the American people being perhaps too pacifistic and apathetic when it comes to our government and some of it's domestic policies, tax schemes (from local state and fed levels) , and I wonder if that apathy is fueled by a feeling of being helpless to change anything, because voting sure doesn't seem to help improve much of anything.

Perhaps even more than that, it may be because Americans are always so divided on every issue, there is rarely a concensus on anything. I think I can recall only a few things that caused most Americans to ever become a galvanized force that prompted action and change... VietNam, Pearl Harbor, prohibition, maybe 9-11 to some extent... even the American Civil War while fought, saw a hughly divided opinion in the public mindset.

You are really grasping at straws here . . :wacko:

Let's see - they were ripping on Obama and his admin - Yea it could have nothing to do with Obama.

Reporter - why are you ripping on Obama and his staff?

General - It's Bush's fault - nothing to do with Obama - he is all dreamy and stuff.

Let's see - they were ripping on Obama and his admin - Yea it could have nothing to do with Obama.

Reporter - why are you ripping on Obama and his staff?

General - It's Bush's fault - nothing to do with Obama - he is all dreamy and stuff.

You are insinuating that somehow Obama can solve the war in Afghanistan, and it is his fault that it isnt going well. Is that about right?

Military officers slamming the admin while still in office? Classy . . . keep it professional and behind closed doors.

Edited by bpwallace49

I would never insinuate that Obama could solve anything. That would be just plain stupid.

So either he is a superhero who can do everything on his own, or cant do anything . . . wish you spinners could make up your minds . . .:wacko:

Bush did a lot of things wrong, but he sure didnt do them by himself . . he has a whole troop of staffers to do it for him. I still dont know why you (and others) make this so intensely personal about Obama . . .

Edited by bpwallace49

So either he is a superhero who can do everything on his own, or cant do anything . . . wish you spinners could make up your minds . . .:tup:

Bush did a lot of things wrong, but she sure didnt do them by himself . . he has a whole troop of staffers to do it for him. I still dont know why you (and others) make this so intensely personal about Obama . . .

:wacko:

Bush did a lot of things wrong, but he sure didnt do them by himself . . he has a whole troop of staffers to do it for him. I still dont know why you (and others) make this so intensely personal about Obama . . .

Well, that's just borderline ridiculous...

I've seen a lot of criticism of Bush's presidency, and I don't remember too many people laying the blame at the feet of his staff. :wacko:

The President has to make the correct decisions in delegating responsibility. If someone under him screws up, then you're damn right that the fault is Obama's. He is arguably the most powerful person in the world, so when he (or someone under him) screws up, it affects a hell of a lot of people. I don't expect him to "solve" a war, but I certainly expect him to manage it actively and competently. Hell, I'd be happy just to hear his objective for the war in Afghanistan.

I've seen a lot of criticism of Bush's presidency, and I don't remember too many people laying the blame at the feet of his staff. :wacko:

The President has to make the correct decisions in delegating responsibility. If someone under him screws up, then you're damn right that the fault is Obama's. He is arguably the most powerful person in the world, so when he (or someone under him) screws up, it affects a hell of a lot of people. I don't expect him to "solve" a war, but I certainly expect him to manage it actively and competently. Hell, I'd be happy just to hear his objective for the war in Afghanistan.

I'm thinking "secure the rights to the minerals that were just 'discovered'" may be pretty high on the list.

Then that was foolish. The Bush ADMIN did a lot of damage, not Bush personally (and wasnt Cheney accused of being a "shadow president")? It is the team and entirety of an administration that succeeds or fails. That is why I just dont get how personal people get in their Obama-hatred. :tup:

Then that was foolish. The Bush ADMIN did a lot of damage, not Bush personally (and wasnt Cheney accused of being a "shadow president")? It is the team and entirety of an administration that succeeds or fails. That is why I just dont get how personal people get in their Obama-hatred. :wacko:

Ok then how is this.

This ADMINISTRATION has done nothing that this ADMINISTRATION campaigned on. THIS ADMINISTRATION pledged transparency and has has done nothing about that. This ADMINISTRATION is way over their heads. This ADMINISTRATION said hope and change - there has been no change and there is no hope. This ADMINISTRATION used some pretty poor politics to get health care passed. This ADMINISTRATION is doing a horrible job at managing the oil spill. This ADMINISTRATION has a horrible leader. This ADMINISTRATION needs to quit blaming Bush and his ADMINISTRATION and start doing some good for this country.

I would be embarrased to support this ADMINISTRATION.

Bush's ADMINISTRATION was also terrible but we are now. :tup:

Edited by gbpfan1231

Then that was foolish. The Bush ADMIN did a lot of damage, not Bush personally (and wasnt Cheney accused of being a "shadow president")? It is the team and entirety of an administration that succeeds or fails. That is why I just dont get how personal people get in their Obama-hatred. :wacko:

Don't you also think part has to do with that he is an easy guy to hate? He comes across as very arrogant at a time when people are not too happy with what is going on. He seems to have the personality or attitude or whatever you want to call that just seems to really irk people and it makes him easy to hate???

Don't you also think part has to do with that he is an easy guy to hate? He comes across as very arrogant at a time when people are not too happy with what is going on. He seems to have the personality or attitude or whatever you want to call that just seems to really irk people and it makes him easy to hate???

There you go getting all "personal" again. Why do you "hate" him? I wasnt here during the Bush years, but did a lot of people personally "hate" Bush? Why is it so intensely personal with you? :wacko:

gbfan . . you seem to be a big fan of the last admin and seem to quote a lot of Fox News article like Tossberg. It is obvious that you are diametrically opposed to a democratic presidency, and you tend to be very defensive when anyone brings up Bush. It is OK to disagree with a politician without "hating" him. . .

You should watch the first 10 minutes of this clip. It is very funny, and may lighten your disposition , ,

Why Bush shouldnt be blamed . . .

There you go getting all "personal" again. Why do you "hate" him? I wasnt here during the Bush years, but did a lot of people personally "hate" Bush? Why is it so intensely personal with you? :wacko:

gbfan . . you seem to be a big fan of the last admin and seem to quote a lot of Fox News article like Tossberg. It is obvious that you are diametrically opposed to a democratic presidency, and you tend to be very defensive when anyone brings up Bush. It is OK to disagree with a politician without "hating" him. . .

You should watch the first 10 minutes of this clip. It is very funny, and may lighten your disposition , ,

Why Bush shouldnt be blamed . . .

I hear ya - after I hit the reply button I thought to myself that Hate was too strong of a word. You are wrong when you say that I am a big fan of the last admin. I am defensive when someone brings up Bush - I am just sick of the blaming part of it. I also very rarely quote a lot of Fox News articles - I have maybe a couple times but I rarely do that. Also just to add that when I do listen to talk radio I listen to some local station and as soon as Rush comes on I turn it off immediately - that dude is a blowhard.

I have been very disinterested in politics in the past but for some reason I seem to be more interested in it lately - is it because our country is in the tank? Maybe. Whenever I do see Obama or hear him talk it just really annoys me - I am not sure what it is - to me he really does have a cocky arrogance to him. I would not doubt that a lot of my posts come across cocky and you probably are very annoyed by me and that is fine. there is just something about Obama that really disappoints me.

I do have very strong opinions and that is probably one of my least favorite qualities about myself - I judge way too quick. I know we disagree on the entitlements and I get very upset when I see people walking around with cell phones smoking cigarettes with 5 kids when I see them buy food with govt money - I don't take the time to see the "good" people trying hard that for the time being are in trouble that are also buying food with govt money but are doing things the right way - the wrong sticks in my head longer than the right.

I have judged Obama quick and at this stage he is a failure in my mind but I would be happy to change that if he can turn things around.

Sorry for the long winded reply. :tup:

Edited by gbpfan1231

I hear ya - after I hit the reply button I thought to myself that Hate was too strong of a word. You are wrong when you say that I am a big fan of the last admin. I am defensive when someone brings up Bush - I am just sick of the blaming part of it. I also very rarely quote a lot of Fox News articles - I have maybe a couple times but I rarely do that. Also just to add that when I do listen to talk radio I listen to some local station and as soon as Rush comes on I turn it off immediately - that dude is a blowhard.

I have been very disinterested in politics in the past but for some reason I seem to be more interested in it lately - is it because our country is in the tank? Maybe. Whenever I do see Obama or hear him talk it just really annoys me - I am not sure what it is - to me he really does have a cocky arrogance to him. I would not doubt that a lot of my posts come across cocky and you probably are very annoyed by me and that is fine. there is just something about Obama that really disappoints me.

I do have very strong opinions and that is probably one of my least favorite qualities about myself - I judge way too quick. I know we disagree on the entitlements and I get very upset when I see people walking around with cell phones smoking cigarettes with 5 kids when I see them buy food with govt money - I don't take the time to see the "good" people trying hard that for the time being are in trouble that are also buying food with govt money but are doing things the right way - the wrong sticks in my head longer than the right.

I have judged Obama quick and at this stage he is a failure in my mind but I would be happy to change that if he can turn things around.

Sorry for the long winded reply. :wacko:

Did you watch the clip? C'mon . . . it is hilarious . . .

Yes BUSHwacked... really.

You sure get worked up and defensive quite easily.

I remember a fair amount of criticism for Cheney, Rove, Condi, and lower level guys like Brownie also. Not only on these boards, but in general. Quite a bit.

Edited by bushwacked

You sure get worked up and defensive quite easily.

I remember a fair amount of criticism for Cheney, Rove, Condi, and lower level guys like Brownie also. Not only on these boards, but in general. Quite a bit.

Does it really pay to rip on Pelosi - she is as useless as possible - it would like making fun of the kids on the short little yellow bus.

But at least we all know that Pelosi's favorite word is the word.