[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philly area Huddlers

Avernus

Does anyone know if PECO is going to make this a regular thing?...

I was hit today and had no idea it was coming, PECO also has no info that I can find on the official website....

anyone with any sort of info on this...please inform me!!!

Does anyone know if PECO is going to make this a regular thing?...

I was hit today and had no idea it was coming, PECO also has no info that I can find on the official website....

anyone with any sort of info on this...please inform me!!!

I suppose that's better than having the grid go down, but no warning? How hot did it get near Philly today?

I suppose that's better than having the grid go down, but no warning? How hot did it get near Philly today?

apparently there was a warning, I just didn't know about it...

and it was 102 I think when the blackout occurred... :wacko:

This alarms me. During a heat wave they actually went ahead with a scheduled rolling black out? I wonder how many elderly were affected and or died because of it. Total irresponsibility at every level.

exactly....I actually checked the weather about 10 minutes before the blackout and it said "102"...

This alarms me. During a heat wave they actually went ahead with a scheduled rolling black out? I wonder how many elderly were affected and or died because of it. Total irresponsibility at every level.

A rolling blackout will prevent a much larger scale shut down of the entire grid. Trust me, they don't take these things lightly, and only do them when truly necessary. It would be more irresponsible to let the grid go down.

A rolling blackout will prevent a much larger scale shut down of the entire grid. Trust me, they don't take these things lightly, and only do them when truly necessary. It would be more irresponsible to let the grid go down.

I agree....but the timing was horrendous....

last week would have been perfect...this week might be the worst week of the summer to do this...

I agree....but the timing was horrendous....

last week would have been perfect...this week might be the worst week of the summer to do this...

my guess is that they were forced to do the blackouts because of the weather (too much demand for energy for air-conditioning)

my guess is that they were forced to do the blackouts because of the weather (too much demand for energy for air-conditioning)

this was definitely the case...

but I would have gladly taken 2 days of this last week in exchange for the one day being any day this week....

the weather was like night and day....

Unfortunately power can't simply be "stored" or saved, thus if the system wasn't being taxed last week like it was the last couple days with the heat and everyone and their cousin cranking the AC, rolling blackouts last week would have been pointless.

Unfortunately power can't simply be "stored" or saved, thus if the system wasn't being taxed last week like it was the last couple days with the heat and everyone and their cousin cranking the AC, rolling blackouts last week would have been pointless.

what kind of toll does a central air unit take compared to an AC unit?