[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Overall List v Position List

Duchess Jack

I've never seen the point of an 'over-all' list that covers all positions.

I use position lists almost exclusively as they clearly show who is the best remaining player at every position and how much quality is left at that position (so I can predict runs and such).

Is anybody here a fan of 'over-all' lists? Why do you use them?

Edited by Duchess Jack

I've never seen the point of an 'over-all' list that covers all positions.

I use position lists almost exclusively as they clearly show who is the best remaining player at every position and how much quality is left at that position (so I can predict runs and such).

Is anybody here a fan of 'over-all' lists? Why do you use them?

Sometimes it's helpful when you are open to draft the best player available. For example, if I have the opportunity to draft either a WR or a RB, an overall list groups these positions (and others) together and tells me who the best available player is currently.

I don't use it much, but in my opinion it should be part of your draft kit.

Sometimes it's helpful when you are open to draft the best player available. For example, if I have the opportunity to draft either a WR or a RB, an overall list groups these positions (and others) together and tells me who the best available player is currently.

I don't use it much, but in my opinion it should be part of your draft kit.

that's where I struggle...

wouldn't my own depth and the depth at the various positions paint a more accurate picture regarding who I should pick in your scenario? I mean - with all things being equal in that situation - it makes sense to me that the position that is looking leanest - is the place to go.

Edited by Duchess Jack

that's where I struggle...

wouldn't my own depth and the depth at the various positions paint a more accurate picture regardig who I should pick in your scenario? I mean - with all things being equal in that situation - it makes sense to me that they position that is looking leanest - is the place to go.

I guess the huddle makes it easier with tiers... you can see which tier has the best available player/position and go from there. But that is mostly helpful early... When you get late in the draft and you're trying to determine who is a better value at the 10th/11th pick... it could be helpful to have an overall list that ranks players by your scoring system.

I guess the huddle makes it easier with tiers... you can see which tier has the best available player/position and go from there. But that is mostly helpful early... When you get late in the draft and you're trying to determine who is a better value at the 10th/11th pick... it could be helpful to have an overall list that ranks players by your scoring system.

I think you are taking a flawed approach if you are ignoring tiers when looking at value as early as the 10th/11th.

How are you compiling this "overall" list? Is it a list sorted by projected points scored? Some other factor/calculation? What does it show that could not be reflected on a positional list, thus eliminating the need to have two or more separate listings of players to be tracked?

I always just print up the Huddle position lists and put markings next to players I have ranked higher or want to avoid....

I don't need my own list as long as I know in my head what I have in mind......it usually works...it just depends on when the draft is...

I always just print up the Huddle position lists and put markings next to players I have ranked higher or want to avoid....

I don't need my own list as long as I know in my head what I have in mind......it usually works...it just depends on when the draft is...

that's pretty much what I do as well. I also put the initials of an owner to the right of his picks. that way (something more you cannot do with overall lists) I can evaluate a teams needs with a glance.

that's pretty much what I do as well. I also put the initials of an owner to the right of his picks. that way (something more you cannot do with overall lists) I can evaluate a teams needs with a glance.

The positional list is my primary tool, but the overall list aka "Top 200 Cheat Sheet" (by the Huddle) helps as well. It is basically a tool similar to ADP. While any idiot affects the ADP, the Huddle experts are devloping the Cheat Sheet. There are times in the draft when:

1) I have achieved pretty good balance or 2) have several needs remaining to be addressed. The Cheat Sheet helps me decide which position to draft next across positions by showing which player the Huddle believes is the best value at that point in the draft.

Is that particular backup QB available now more valuable than that 4th WR or 4th RB etc.?

It also gives me a watermark for each of my picks that helps me keep from reaching. If I am deciding the 65th pick in the draft, even though I kinda need another RB, do I reach for a RB ranked 75th overall because he is the next one on the positional list or do I consider a QB ranked 50 or WR ranked 57. It helps me determine if I am drafting value. If I end up light on a position at the end of the draft, because I drafted players at good value, I should have trade pieces that can help me down the line. Particularly when someone else gets hit with an injury bug or that 0-2 or 0-3 team needs a trade partner to shake things up.