[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are small businesses toast?

Avernus

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick search would tell you I ran my own business for from 1994 thru 2007.

Strike one.

So they finally drove you out.

Another one down.

So they finally drove you out.

Another one down.

yes, taking an impossible-to-refuse position that increased my income 175% was them "driving me out".

When in doubt, guess.Or go back to sarcastic rhetoric. Or just try to change the subject of the thread to cover your tracks.

Strike two.

When in doubt, guess.Or go back to sarcastic rhetoric. Or just try to change the subject of the thread to cover your tracks.

Yes, I have learned well from the lefties on this forum. :wacko:

This will cause an additional burden on companies Swammi, surely you can see that. I can see this causing us to generate an additional 1500 to 2000 forms a year. In order to do that, I'm going to have to increase my office staff (the non productive part of my business) to stay out of trouble. This will affect the bottom line, and the bonuses my employees receive. To say otherwise is just foolish. I don't think it is big deal that some are making it out to be, and while I'm on record for disagreeing with how people and entities are taxed, I'm for everyone paying their taxes. It would be so much easier if we just wen to something like the Fair Tax or replaced the income tax with a sales tax. Then we wouldn't need to hire additional people, and we wouldn't have to hire "tax professionals" to keep us from going astray from the tax code that no layman can possibly be sure he is abiding by without professional help.

what pesticides do you use?

Crabgrass preventers and other Josh Gordon control herbicides, grub killer when needed, fungicides, even Roundup is a pesticide. I have to send out notices to adjoining property owners before spraying, need a very specific contract with all customers, which must be in large type, keep those on file for three years, keep a daily log and file year end reports. I have to name every Josh Gordon killer I use in each contract with it's EPA reg numbers, note the target Josh Gordon, the sq footage, amout applied per 1k, and have to cut paste and enlarge the labels for each pesticide and send that to every customer as well.

For this privledge, the state gets $950 from my biz, and $200 for me to have an applicator's permit. Those fees both just doubled. Then of course, I have to have a consumer affairs license ($450), town permits, another $150 a year, and it goes on and on. For a small DBA biz like mine... this might be the last straw.

Crabgrass preventers and other Josh Gordon control herbicides, grub killer when needed, fungicides, even Roundup is a pesticide. I have to send out notices to adjoining property owners before spraying, need a very specific contract with all customers, which must be in large type, keep those on file for three years, keep a daily log and file year end reports. I have to name every Josh Gordon killer I use in each contract with it's EPA reg numbers, note the target Josh Gordon, the sq footage, amout applied per 1k, and have to cut paste and enlarge the labels for each pesticide and send that to every customer as well.

For this privledge, the state gets $950 from my biz, and $200 for me to have an applicator's permit. Those fees both just doubled. Then of course, I have to have a consumer affairs license ($450), town permits, another $150 a year, and it goes on and on. For a small DBA biz like mine... this might be the last straw.

I feel for ya. But, don't give up the good fight that easily.

ETA - the last thing we need is another unemployed Mick stumbling around drunk in the middle of the day. (I'll stop with the Irish slurs, now. Sometimes I just can't resist myself, though.)

Edited by SEC=UGA

Don't worry about it both Clubby and Swammi say it will have no effect. They both know your business better than you do.