[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The real reason Lebron chose MIA?

westvirginia

Hollywood super-agent Ari Emanuel — brother of White House chief of staff Rahm, basis for Entourage’s Ari Gold — was involved in the project since the onset of the NBA Finals, prior to James formally entering the free-agent market.

What is the above statement in reference too you ask? Why "The Decision" of course. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm. This raises serious doubts about his commitment to the Cav's in the Playoffs. If this can be confirmed, a basis for a lawsuit against James by the Cav's organization could have some very strong merit. I would love to see that smug, pompous smirk wiped from his neck bearded face.

Sooo... let's say he makes, over the life of the contract, another 300 mil in endorsements (I may be very low on that assumption), we are then talking about him potentially saving $28 million for living in FL. Does it make a difference at that number?

Yes. There is a reason so many elite athletes and rich, good looking people choose Florida. See Tiger Woods, Rush Limbaugh, untateve, etc.

Sooo... let's say he makes, over the life of the contract, another 300 mil in endorsements (I may be very low on that assumption), we are then talking about him potentially saving $28 million for living in FL. Does it make a difference at that number?

no -

as much as LBJ is already a brand name, his brand will be taken to great heights in MIA over Cle and he will make tons more loot in advertising and endorsements in MIA than he would have in CLE (u keep bringing up CHI & NY, not sure why)

thrown in the $20 million dollar water front pad he wil be buying vs his pad in CLe that ws probably 1/4 of that and no - it isn't that big of a deal

After hearing that loose cannon of an owner, I am damn sure LBJ would pay $28 mil to get outta CLe and away from Gilbert

After hearing that loose cannon of an owner, I am damn sure LBJ would pay $28 mil to get outta CLe and away from Gilbert

This is probably the main reason. Cavs owner is :tup:.

Well, ask anyone with more money than they could spend if they'd rather live in a $5 million on a burning toxic river in Cleveland or a 20 million waterfront property in Miami . Easy answer there IMO. :wacko:

no -

as much as LBJ is already a brand name, his brand will be taken to great heights in MIA over Cle and he will make tons more loot in advertising and endorsements in MIA than he would have in CLE (u keep bringing up CHI & NY, not sure why)

thrown in the $20 million dollar water front pad he wil be buying vs his pad in CLe that ws probably 1/4 of that and no - it isn't that big of a deal

I'm not following what it is that you are saying, maybe I'm off a bit today.

There were rumors that NY and Chi were trying to sign him, also. That is why I bring up NY and Chi.

I don't think he ever intended to stay in Cleveland or he would have signed a longer deal when the re-upped him 3 years ago.

I'm saying that he may have chosen Miami over NY or Chi because he could possibly save, conservatively, 28 million over the length of the contract due to there being no state income tax in FL. Not saying it is the only reason he went to Miami, but to completely rule out that it had some influence in his decision may be short sighted.

I think we might all be a little bit harsh on the Cavs owner. Yeah, he threw a knee-jerk tantrum and said a lot of childish things. But if you just lost the hugh amount of money that he did, you would probably throw a gnashing fit too. Yes, the guy is an a-hole, but if I walk in the shoes of a guy that basically just lost any hope of turning a profit in the future, what the hell have you got to lose anyway. Let it all out jerkwad. Done? Good. Now try to find someone to dump this team on while the books don't look like a murder scene and get on with your life. It's ova.

You guys are not listening. Based on the evidence that his agent started negotiations with ESPN PRE NBA Finals and, well, I would be upset as well if I were the Cav's owner. Matter of fact, I'd be starting to see what legal steps I could take to recoup some of that 2009 salary.

I'm not following what it is that you are saying, maybe I'm off a bit today.

There were rumors that NY and Chi were trying to sign him, also. That is why I bring up NY and Chi.

I don't think he ever intended to stay in Cleveland or he would have signed a longer deal when the re-upped him 3 years ago.

I'm saying that he may have chosen Miami over NY or Chi because he could possibly save, conservatively, 28 million over the length of the contract due to there being no state income tax in FL. Not saying it is the only reason he went to Miami, but to completely rule out that it had some influence in his decision may be short sighted.

we really have no idea what his #2 was, do we?

most thought it was down to MIA or CLE.......just sayin

again, with the loot he has, having no state income taxes was low on his priority list, these dudes have a whole different mind set

I think we might all be a little bit harsh on the Cavs owner. Yeah, he threw a knee-jerk tantrum and said a lot of childish things. But if you just lost the hugh amount of money that he did, you would probably throw a gnashing fit too. Yes, the guy is an a-hole, but if I walk in the shoes of a guy that basically just lost any hope of turning a profit in the future, what the hell have you got to lose anyway. Let it all out jerkwad. Done? Good. Now try to find someone to dump this team on while the books don't look like a murder scene and get on with your life. It's ova.

this isn't the first time with Gilbert my man - he is a loose cannon owner, not really well liked and by all accounts a hugh reason why LBJ left -

I think the whole Izzo thing probably was the final straw for Lebron

I think the tax thing is very overblown on this. He made his decisions based on Bball, quality of life and location.

While the amounts are significant to us, I think that the incremental tax differences (to HIM) were not foremost in his decison making process . .

No state income tax is definitely nice but it generally equals higher property taxes, to name but one. States don't run themselves. The ones without income tax are usually either the beneficiaries of millions of out-of-state visitors on vacation (Florida, Nevada) or chitholes where no-one lives (Wyoming, South Dakota, Alaska). Texas and Washington are both exceptions.

I happen to love where I live. I have a nice home and my property taxes are far cheaper than the income tax I would have to pay in the broke diaper dirt hole state of Minnesota.

I happen to love where I live. I have a nice home and my property taxes are far cheaper than the income tax I would have to pay in the broke diaper dirt hole state of Minnesota.

Having visited both states, I don't blame you. Minny is a nice town, but I love SD.

That's because you don't have any need to maintain anything.