[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cigars

whomper

Right.

I don't own a humidor / humidifying box.

The two cigars are in a sealed ziplock bag in my desk drawer. And have been for about three years. I'd like to smoke them this weekend while fishing (but realize that may be a really bad idea).

Suggestions?

Buy new cigars

Do lots of docs like to smoke? I am sooo naive, but those urologists around here are notorious! lol! :wacko:

No. I smoke maybe 5-10 cigars per year, mostly on the golf course.

Used to smoke them much more frequently than I do now....nothing like a great cigar on the golf course, or while tailgaiting at a game. With a big family, and less discretionary income than I had 4 kids ago, it's a luxury I enjoy less than I'd like.

+4, but this thread makes me want to get one on the way home!

THE PROBLEM

I have two cigars in my desk drawer that are VERY dried out.

Any chance of rehabilitating them before smoking?

IDEA #1

Here's hillbilly suggestion that works (sort of). Keep the cigars in the ziplock, but slip in a moistened (not sopping wet) clean piece of sponge about the size of a quarter/half dollar. It will rehydrate the cigar in a couple days. It can also cause the cigar to start getting moldy if you leave it in there too long. So check it periodically, and add moisture/remove the sponge as necessary. Smoke sooner than later, or it will just dry out again. And don't let the sponge and the cigar physically touch each other. That will cause mold to grow more rapidly.

IDEA #2

Buy new cigars

PROBABLE SOLUTION

While I'll probably still smoke them, this is probably the best answer yet.

ACTUAL SOLUTION

Smoked one late last night and my throat still feels like it's covered in sand paper, I can still smell it in my nasal cavity and can taste it on the sides of my mouth. Which means I'll probably go ahead and smoke the other one tomorrow or Thursday night.

ETA: :wacko:

Edited by muck