[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going to Atlanta in Oct.

BigMikeinNY

I am going to Atlanta for a weekend in October.

Anybody have any suggestions or hints towards a decent hotel? I am looking for something that is very close to the Georgia Dome. I am not looking for a dump, but I am not looking for a 5-star hotel either. Any suggestions?

I am going to Atlanta for a weekend in October.

Anybody have any suggestions or hints towards a decent hotel? I am looking for something that is very close to the Georgia Dome. I am not looking for a dump, but I am not looking for a 5-star hotel either. Any suggestions?

Georgian Terrace. It's in the heart of midtown, across the street from the Fox theater and walking distance from some of the best dining and nightlife in the city. The beds are Tempurpedic, best night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel. Very cool rooftop pool also, and a huge fitness center.

You can book it through Hotwire for cheap. It's listed as a 3.5 star boutique hotel in midtown I believe. There are sites that can tell you for sure. Try to check in as early as possible because you can get a free suite upgrade if your standard room isn't ready yet. The suites are friggin outstanding, you get a round bedroom with a 180 degree view of the city, full kitchen and huge bathroom with a soaking tub. I can't say enough about the place. It's probably my favorite hotel and I've stayed in nice ones around the country.

Georgian Terrace may be very nice, but not very close to the Dome, although close to a MARTA station with a few stops & a transfer away.

I've stayed at the Omni on a good deal from one of the travel sites and close to the Dome.

Edited by Venus

Georgian Terrace may be very nice, but not very close to the Dome, although close to a MARTA station with a few stops & a transfer away.

I've stayed at the Omni on a good deal from one of the travel sites and close to the Dome.

Right, the hotel and dome are accessible to Marta and they are maybe 2 miles apart if that. There is better dining and entertainment in midtown IMO.

Right, the hotel and dome are accessible to Marta and they are maybe 2 miles apart if that. There is better dining and entertainment in midtown IMO.

+1 for the Georgian Terrace. Walking distance to Marta for the dome and good restaurants/nightlife just down the street. If all you want is hotel and dome then the Omni would be good but there isn't much to do around there and it's a bit creepy in that hood if there isn't a function at the dome.

There is a Hampton Inn (160 Spring St NW, Atlanta GA 30303, (404) 688-8600) and Mariott (160 Spring St NW, Atlanta GA 30303, (404) 688-8600)off of Spring Street/Williams Street that would be very close. A Holiday Inn (101 Andrew Young International Blvd NW, Atlanta GA 30303, (404) 524-5555)on Andrew Young International Blvd. And a an Embassy Suites (267 Marietta St NW, Atlanta GA 30313, (404) 223-2300)off of Marietta Street. All of these are within walking distance to the Dome, Centennial Olympic Park, CNN Center/Phillips Arena, GA World Congress Center and the Apparel Mart.

You can stay at any of them... Just mention that "Sweet-T" gave you their info so I get my kick back... Also, I'll get you some really cheap, um, entertainment if you want, PM me I'll give you my pager number in case you need any, ummm, other "things" while in ATL. :wacko:

Edited by SEC=UGA