[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GA Gubenatorial Race

SEC=UGA

Well, my worst fears have come true... That SOB Nathan Deal won the Repub primary, so now I have to support the Ex. Dem Governor of GA Roy Barnes. It truly is a sad day when an ethically challenged jack leg SOB of Deal's caliber can beat a relatively upstanding moderate like Karen Handle in the primaries.

So, I've just called the Barnes campaign and have 8 yard signs on the way (my old house is literally across the street from on e of the polling stations in Marietta, so I can illegally/legally post signs within 50 feet of the polling station, gotta love it!!!)

Well, my worst fears have come true... That SOB Nathan Deal won the Repub primary, so now I have to support the Ex. Dem Governor of GA Roy Barnes. It truly is a sad day when an ethically challenged jack leg SOB of Deal's caliber can beat a relatively upstanding moderate like Karen Handle in the primaries.

So, I've just called the Barnes campaign and have 8 yard signs on the way (my old house is literally across the street from on e of the polling stations in Marietta, so I can illegally/legally post signs within 50 feet of the polling station, gotta love it!!!)

Georgia and the South are already negatively-stereotyped. We really don't need a Governor (or even a candidate for governor) who does not have a college degree. :wacko:

I like Karen Handel, know people on her finance committee, and thought she ran a great campaign up until she started slinging mud. I do not care for(and many Georgians feel this way) Sarah Palin. I don't think Palin's support helped her win the primary as much as John Oxendine repeatedly opening his mouth and Eric Johnson being an architect with his own ethics issues.

As for Handel being more "moderate" than Deal; you could throw Cynthia McKinney on the ballot and I might choose her over Barnes. Don't go over to the darkside, we've already seen that trainwreck! :tup:

I personally hate Nathan Deal, he and I had a dust up during the Repub Primaries back in 2001/02. If he were to walk on to my property I would probably punch him in the face. That and he is a crook, can't have him in office.

Secondly, I live in Cobb County and Roy will be sure that Cobb County receives some favors.