[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Messed up drafting a QB.

burton

Usually on my drafts I've been waiting out till the 8th / 9th to grab a QB and solidifying my other positions first. Mostly in this position I can grab Kolb / Cutler / Ryan / McNabb... my draft today it seemed all of a sudden people wanted a backup QB before getting other positions and I got caught with my pants down.

Non-PPR, regular scoring I ended up grabbing:

* Alex Smith (10.9)

* Chad Henne (14.9)

Am I screwed? I was thinking of offering Forsett or someone else for maybe Cutler or McNabb (couple of guys I was thinking about and were drafted later on).

Any suggestions? There's really no one in the Free Agent pool.

Not screwed...but I'd definitely look to improve on those guys....

If you are penalized for interceptions I think you can safely avoid moving for Cutler...McNabb is probably a decent value guy that shouldn't cost much to get.

I'd look and see who ended up with two good QBs and figure out where he is weak and make him an offer...Also, I'd probably wait for 2 pre-season games to play out before doing it. Immediately after a draft folks tend to be in love with their players. After two weeks that emotional attachment wears off a bit and you might be able to trade a hot handed Pre-Season RB/WR or QB for a guy who you know will perform better once the season kicks off.

WD

Ya my initial thought is starting Henne if I can't do any trades.

My rosters basically (12-man league):

QB: Henne, Smith

RB: MJD, J Stewart, J Best, Forsett

WR: M Austin, L Fitz, J Maclin, S Moss, V Jax

TE: Finley

K: Crosby

D: Ravens

I was looking around as WashingtonD suggested and the guy that has McNabb has only 2 RB's altogether - R Williams and B Jacobs. Which is why I'm hoping he'd trade for Forsett (which I believe I can lose and is roughly equal to McNabb).

BTW I do get dinged for INT's so I most likely will go away from Cutler. Gonna have to see who else is out there.

Edited by burton

Smith is actually one of my bigger sleeper QBs this year. Finished last year strong, improved OL and ideally an even better relationship with Davis and Crabtree plus the safety net in Gore. I'd probably start him over Henne to start, after all, you did draft him 4 rounds earlier.

The same thing happened to me tonight. I had Jamaal Charles staring at me in the 4th and Pierre Thomas in the 5th in a 10 man standard scoring serpentine draft. I didn't realize I was getting these players so cheap because people were backing up their qb's early. And I mean early. So I ended up with Brett Favre in the 8th and Chad Henne in the 10th. Had to take a backup in case Favre doesn't play (which I don't believe for a second). I think Henne has a lot of upside this year. You should be good. (I hope....)

The same thing happened to me tonight. I had Jamaal Charles staring at me in the 4th and Pierre Thomas in the 5th in a 10 man standard scoring serpentine draft. I didn't realize I was getting these players so cheap because people were backing up their qb's early. And I mean early. So I ended up with Brett Favre in the 8th and Chad Henne in the 10th. Had to take a backup in case Favre doesn't play (which I don't believe for a second). I think Henne has a lot of upside this year. You should be good. (I hope....)

I would be interested to see the rest of your roster, because that leaves a ton of opportunity for you.

May have to stick with Henne and Smith. I tried to grab McNabb from a guy that only has 2 backs (R Williams & B Jacobs, no others) for Forsett but he declined. I have an possible option for Cutler as this guy has Aaron Rogers as well but we'll see.

From what I read today Henne doesn't look that good so far. I may just stick with them both and change em up during the season.

Appreciate all the replies for sure.

Ya Favre was another that was in there when the spree of QB's went. I was actually pretty surprised because these guys were grabbing 2nd QB's before they even had backup RB's or WR's. The one guy that had Brady grabbed McNabb before he even added to his RB roster in which he only had Brandon Jacobs (1st round pick, WOW) and Ricky Williams.

It was my 4th draft and I it worked out in all my others.

I would be interested to see the rest of your roster, because that leaves a ton of opportunity for you.

Here you go by round....

Ray Rice

Roddy White

Ryan Grant

Jamaal Charles

Pierre Thomas

Steve Smith NYG

Steve Smith CAR

Jahvid Best

Brett Favre

Justin Forsett

Chris Cooley

Chad Henne

Malcolm Floyd

Derrick Mason

Still haven't picked a kicker, probably grab one off ww before season starts

Players were going off the board early that made me scratch my head. So I figured I would load up on great players. I think I got away with highway robbery myself.

Here you go by round....

Ray Rice

Roddy White

Ryan Grant

Jamaal Charles

Pierre Thomas

Steve Smith NYG

Steve Smith CAR

Jahvid Best

Brett Favre

Justin Forsett

Chris Cooley

Chad Henne

Malcolm Floyd

Derrick Mason

Players were going off the board early that made me scratch my head. So I figured I would load up on great players. I think I got away with highway robbery myself.

Outside of your QB situation,....that ain't "half-bad"....RELAX (plus pray like hell Favre returns) !!!!! :wacko:

Here you go by round....

Ray Rice

Roddy White

Ryan Grant

Jamaal Charles

Pierre Thomas

Steve Smith NYG

Steve Smith CAR

Jahvid Best

Brett Favre

Justin Forsett

Chris Cooley

Chad Henne

Malcolm Floyd

Derrick Mason

You did the right thing by waiting. Favre was the #4 QB in points last year in my fantasy league. You were smart to grab Charles and Thomas. Good draft.