[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strategy help for 12 team league

RFLHO

This is my first time playing in a fantasy football league and need some tips on my draft strategy. I have been doing a lot of research and I’m stuck on what I should do in the first 4 rounds. The scoring system is pretty favorable to both RB and QB. I’m playing in a 12 team league and I am drafting at the 10 spot. I need some helpful tips. Should I go after RB the first 2 rounds or QB. I play in a flex league. I can start 2 QB’s and 1 RB OR 2 RB’s and 1 QB along with 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF. Thanks!

PaInt - Passing Interception -2 points

PaTD - Passing TD 6 points

PaYd - Passing Yards 0 - 300 PaYds = 1 point for every 50 PaYds

301+ PaYds = 1 point for every 20 PaYds

Plus a 6 point bonus @ 300+ PaYd

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points

ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points

ReYd - Receiving Yards 0 - 100 ReYds = 1 point for every 20 ReYds

101+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Plus a 6 point bonus @ 100+ ReYd

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points

RuYd - Rushing Yards 0 - 100 RuYds = 1 point for every 20 RuYds

101+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Plus a 6 point bonus @ 100+ RuYd

Scoring is a little lighter than usual on yardage scoring, but otherwise fairly typical.

Given that you can start a QB as a flex, their value goes up dramatically. I would strongly condsider at a minimum 1 QB in the first 2 rounds (run their projections through your scoring system to see just how high they score in relation to RBs), and, if their scoring holds up as generally greater than RBs, and you are content going after one of the RBs generally available in the late 3rd/early 4th as your primary (Forte, possibly Moreno, etc.), then you may want to go QB/QB if the upper echelon are still out there.

Run the numbers, it should make it more clear if QB/QB is the right play or if it should be QB/RB or, if you are comfortable with the later RBs, QB/WR as, even though you don;t have PPR, the requirement to start 3 ith only 1 required RB does help their value a bit.

Everyone will enter the draft planning to start a QB in their QB/RB flex spot, meaning the demand for RB's will be relatively low. So, I would counter that by seeing if a monster RB falls to you at #10, and if he does, grab him, then go nuts with QB's and WR's after that, and take your #2 RB fairly late.

I compared the QB and RB fantasy point numbers from 2009 last night and it was clear that QBs far outscored the RB. So, I'm going to draft QB rd 1 and 2, WR rd 3 and RB rd 4. I'm sure I can pick up one of the two QBs Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Tom Brady or Phillip Rivers in the first 2 rds.

Who would you guys take?

Thanks!

Edited by RFLHO

I compared the QB and RB fantasy point numbers from 2009 last night and it was clear that QBs far outscored the RB. So, I'm going to draft QB rd 1 and 2, WR rd 3 and RB rd 4. I'm sure I can pick up one of the two QBs Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Tom Brady or Phillip Rivers in the first 2 rds.

Who would you guys take?

Thanks!

Keep in mind that if everyone else drafts a QB first you would only be getting the 10th and 15th rated QB. You might be better off the MONSTER RB and RB unless they are taken. You have to have 2 or 3 plans depending on what falls.

Who would you guys take?

Thanks!

I wouldn't draft Matt Ryan anywhere near the top 2 rounds.

Edited by kcmast

Who would you guys take?

Thanks!

Don't ever go in to a draft with a strict plan on the positions you are going to draft. A good drafter can alter his gameplan and take a position where he can get the best value. For example if there is a big run on QB's and you have the choice between a third tier QB and a top tier rb or wr, take the rb or wr. Drafts never go exactly how you think they will. Being able to adapt is what makes a good drafter.