[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Turner

onefastgsxr

I have both Michael Turner and C.J. from last year in a kepper leauge (3)... The number one pick guy only wants to give me a number one pick... He offered before 1 and 2... Mind you, he has 1-5 round picks from another owner on a previous trade, so he is sitting with 5 extra picks. I was really looking for the #6 pick and #13 in a 12 man league.... Am I out of line????

I honestly don't understand your question. What are you giving for the number 1 or the extra picks? Is this a PPR?

I have turner, he has the 5 extra picks going into the draft from a previous trade. I want #6 first rnd and #1 2nd rnd... this is a touchdown based league with 3 keepers.... am I expecting too much for turner?

I have turner, he has the 5 extra picks going into the draft from a previous trade. I want #6 first rnd and #1 2nd rnd... this is a touchdown based league with 3 keepers.... am I expecting too much for turner?

I do not think that is enough for Turner, because if it is a 3 keeper league, then you would really be getting the equivalent of a 4th and 5th rounder. Whom do you have to keep besides CJ and Turner? I would keep both, personally.

Why would you trade Turner for any set of picks in a 3-man keeper league. Heading into the season, Turner is a consensus top 10 overall pick. Assuming that all teams keep 3 players and there is no cost for keeping players (ie forfeited picks), then the #6 and #13 picks AFTER 36 players (presumably a high percentage of the top 36 overall players) are not near enough compensation IMO for Turner.

Why would you trade Turner for any set of picks in a 3-man keeper league. Heading into the season, Turner is a consensus top 10 overall pick. Assuming that all teams keep 3 players and there is no cost for keeping players (ie forfeited picks), then the #6 and #13 picks AFTER 36 players (presumably a high percentage of the top 36 overall players) are not near enough compensation IMO for Turner.

No worries though. After the game tonight it will be the "Should I trade FOR Turner" questions... And if everything goes to plan on the national stage, also the "Should I pick up Douglas" questions :wacko:

I can only keep 3... and only 1 per position... I am already keeping C.J. Matt schaub and Dallas... so I have turner to peddle.... he will be, by far the best player left on the board going into the draft....

Had to change my answer when I saw that you can only keep 1 per position.

Yes, if that's the case, then you get what you can get for Turner. It is tough because you lose leverage with the fact that you can't keep him, so just do your best to not get hosed like this deal, and try to get the best deal you can find.

If this is the best deal he'll offer, you might be getting hosed, but you get what you can get.

(ETA: Could you try to do a two for 1 with him and Schaub, say for Rodgers or Brees. That might be your only other good option, since you really can't improve over CJ2K and Clark at their positions)

Edited by delusions of granduer

Actually, aside from looking to upgrade Schaub, you could package Turner with either Clark or Schaub to pick up a top WR. Those might both be better ways to not lose trade leverage of having Turner out in no-mans land like you do now.

Edited by delusions of granduer

I can only keep 3... and only 1 per position... I am already keeping C.J. Matt schaub and Dallas... so I have turner to peddle.... he will be, by far the best player left on the board going into the draft....

Perhaps providing some extremely pertinent information, such as this, would help provide more beneficial responses.

If you are being offered a first for Turner in this circumstance, you are getting a hell of a lot more than you should for him. Take the deal before he comes to his senses.

Perhaps providing some extremely pertinent information, such as this, would help provide more beneficial responses.

If you are being offered a first for Turner in this circumstance, you are getting a hell of a lot more than you should for him. Take the deal before he comes to his senses.

Yeah. Give the guy Turner for Mathews and be happy. You gotta drop Turner anyway and right now no experts can be 100% sure that there would be a huge downgrade from Turner to Mathews. The kid's pretty good. I know he most likely won't be as good as Turner but something is better than nothing. The only downside is that the other manager will still have 4 extra picks left to build on. With Turner as a center piece his team should be very good. He must have won the championship last season to have so many players to trade for him to get 5 extra picks.

Edited by Asskickas

Why would he give you more than the #1 pick when he knows he can get Turner for the #1 pick?

Pretty sure it is the #6 pick (the guy's 1st round pick), not the #1 overall pick.

Otherwise the other guy is even more foolish or is so high on Turner that he would give up not just whomever his current keeper would be but also the top available player in the draft.

Pretty sure it is the #6 pick (the guy's 1st round pick), not the #1 overall pick.

Otherwise the other guy is even more foolish or is so high on Turner that he would give up not just whomever his current keeper would be but also the top available player in the draft.

Turner will not make the draft regardless, there are other offers... You are right, I cannot keep him so I should take something instead of nothing, but I cannot think of anyone better I would want even with the 1st pick in a 12 man 3 keeper draft... I am open to options.. Also I thought I would point out that pre draft we can only trade picks for players, not player for player... Stupid rule but I am not the commish... Thanks all for the thoughts, kinda insightful.....

Turner will not make the draft regardless, there are other offers... You are right, I cannot keep him so I should take something instead of nothing, but I cannot think of anyone better I would want even with the 1st pick in a 12 man 3 keeper draft... I am open to options.. Also I thought I would point out that pre draft we can only trade picks for players, not player for player... Stupid rule but I am not the commish... Thanks all for the thoughts, kinda insightful.....

1. Are any of the offers better than the 6th pick overall?

2. I would not expect anyone better to be available.