[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adobe Acrobat® question

FWmaker

I've been using (and probably under-utilizing) the standard version of Adobe Acrobat for some time now. Not Acrobat Reader®.

What the heck is the "Distiller"????

Anyone?

Also, if I have a pdf where there is a watermark placed by a program, is there a way to remove it?

Edited by FWmaker

I've been using (and probably under-utilizing) the standard version of Adobe Acrobat for some time now. Not Acrobat Reader®.

Anyone?

Also, if I have a pdf where there is a watermark placed by a program, is there a way to remove it?

I believe "distiller" is a program where you can print something into a .pdf. So if you have a doc or webpage you can just choose to "distill" it and it will bring up a box where you choose to save your file. It's handy for some applications. Option B is that TimC brings you a martini every time you hit that button so be careful.

Distiller is essentially a "translator" application. If you print to distiller it will take the code that is input and "distill" it into PDF.

Many programs will write a PDF directly, but you are at the mercy of the company that released that program as to how they choose to write their data into the PDF spec. If you print a file through distiller you get the file made to Adobe's PDF spec.

Distiller is essentially a "translator" application. If you print to distiller it will take the code that is input and "distill" it into PDF.

Many programs will write a PDF directly, but you are at the mercy of the company that released that program as to how they choose to write their data into the PDF spec. If you print a file through distiller you get the file made to Adobe's PDF spec.

Distiller is expensive, IIRC and the vast majority of PDF writers / printers do fine though there are printers that don't work with specific PDF manifestations.

Distiller is expensive, IIRC and the vast majority of PDF writers / printers do fine though there are printers that don't work with specific PDF manifestations.

Distiller is free with your purchase of Acrobat Pro, which FWMaker already has. :oldrazz:

And trust me....work in graphics for a couple of years....if Distiller were expensive it would be worth it.

Anyone?

If I recall, there is no way to remove a watermark unless you own the doc. Although... you could try Document > Add Watermark & Background and see if you can turn it off there. Otherwise, try copying and pasting into Word 07/10, then save as a PDF?

Or you could try this.

http://www.pdfwatermarkremover.com/

You can't remove the watermark, they put it there for a reason. Sometimes they don't know how to secure the document properly so there are workarounds but you need specific programs that will allow you to open a PDF and edit it.

I use distiller all the time - it's essential for preparing files to send off to printers.