[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best NFL player by number

MojoMan

Hall of famers

1 CONZELMAN , DRISCOLL , FLAHERTY , LAMBEAU , Thorpe , POLLARD , MOON , FRIEDMAN

5 HORNUNG , MCAFEE(plus McNabb)

11 GUYON , LYMAN , VAN BROCKLIN , Nevers , Pollard , Strong

16 DAWSON , GIFFORD , HEALEY , MUSSO , MONTANA , BLANDA , Nagurski , Kiesling , Herber

44 RIGGINS , LEBEAU , LITTLE , KELLY , Dudley , Casper , Weinmeister , Kinard , Owen , Nevers , Flaherty

66 NITSCHKE , SHAW , TURNER , HICKERSON , LITTLE , Buoniconti

EDIT 89 and 98 Ditka

Both are listed at the Hall of Fame.

Edited by Randall

eddie george over steve atwater is a complete joke. 8 pro bowls, 2 1st team all-pro's, and 2 super bowl rings, compared to 4, 1 and 0. :tup:

Frankly the joke is using those as measuring sticks. SB rings maybe a little, esp for QBs.

But even that pales in comparison to D Sanders over LT, which literally me me laugh out loud. A defensive player who tackles like a girl (when he bothers at all)? lol. In fact a number of these are :wacko:

lol

I remember reading a quote from Bubba Smith (great Colts DE way back, for you kids) after the first time he played vs Staubach: "I hate him. I've never been so tired in my life." (from chasing Staubach around in the backfield) He and Tark were the orig scrambling QBs, I think. Mighta been some way old-timer I'm not recalling though.

Yeah didn't buy that one either but it wasn't flat-out ridiculous like some of them.

True. I was in the low numbers when I saw that and hadn't made it further.