[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What happend to this place?

gsmayes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have recently come back around after getting in some BOTH leagues and I have noticed a huge difference in traffic. To be honest, forums seem to be left behind with social networking rising. I'm not just talking like a Facebook, but there are a ton of sports social networks that have more features and interactive toys than the old school forums. This may or may not have something to do with it.

One thing that often bothered me enough to take my time wasting net time elsewhere was the clique type thing. It's like there is a group that thinks new members owe them something because they registered here long ago or the lower the member number is supposed to mean a higher IQ level.

Don't mean to offend anyone...although the only reason you would be offended is if you think you are one of those I'm speaking of.

as I see it, there's too much sarcasm and plain out and out rude replies. If I were new to this site and read the forums, I would NEVER post. Call me a fannypack wearin momo but it's the reality.

Maybe there would be more member retention if people were more welcoming to the new members and giving them a heads up that they will be insulted, talked down to, and told their opinion is worthless...and they should not take it personal.

I can't speak for now days, but I know a couple years ago this was fact. I'm not talking about to me, but witnessing it done to others. It often isn't even the first sarcastic or rude reply. Posts from those not in the "in crowd" would go without response for quite some time and then a regular would respond rude like and then five more would jump right on it. I wouldn't blame someone not coming back.

Doesn't all this fly in the face of the prevailing wisdom that there isn't enough traffic? If five threads start up when Chris Johnson only has 10 yards 10 minutes into the game, that indicates to me there's plenty of board traffic. What would be more worrisome is no posts.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I like a forum where people are starting and participating in discussions. I can get new via my RSS Reader

I have recently come back around after getting in some BOTH leagues and I have noticed a huge difference in traffic. To be honest, forums seem to be left behind with social networking rising. I'm not just talking like a Facebook, but there are a ton of sports social networks that have more features and interactive toys than the old school forums. This may or may not have something to do with it.

One thing that often bothered me enough to take my time wasting net time elsewhere was the clique type thing. It's like there is a group that thinks new members owe them something because they registered here long ago or the lower the member number is supposed to mean a higher IQ level.

Don't mean to offend anyone...although the only reason you would be offended is if you think you are one of those I'm speaking of.

Maybe there would be more member retention if people were more welcoming to the new members and giving them a heads up that they will be insulted, talked down to, and told their opinion is worthless...and they should not take it personal.

I can't speak for now days, but I know a couple years ago this was fact. I'm not talking about to me, but witnessing it done to others. It often isn't even the first sarcastic or rude reply. Posts from those not in the "in crowd" would go without response for quite some time and then a regular would respond rude like and then five more would jump right on it. I wouldn't blame someone not coming back.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I like a forum where people are starting and participating in discussions. I can get new via my RSS Reader

Anybody that doesn't have a 2 digit (or 1) member # should be banned. :wacko: