[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.Hightower or M.Turner

tosberg34

WDIS: Turner vs Hightwoer  

25 members have voted

1. 1. If Beanie Wells doesn't play, who would you start (non-PPR)?

• ALWAYS PLAY YOUR STUDS! Start Turner
    • GO WITH THE JUICY MATCHUP INSTEAD! Start Hightower.

Hard to believe this is actually a consideration, but yeah, maybe Hightower if Wells doesn't play. PIT D is real tough vs. the run. It's a gamble, but could pay off. At least if it were to fail, then you know the rest of the year to "always start your studs!" :wacko:

Hard to believe this is actually a consideration, but yeah, maybe Hightower if Wells doesn't play. PIT D is real tough vs. the run. It's a gamble, but could pay off. At least if it were to fail, then you know the rest of the year to "always start your studs!" :wacko:

Sucks to have to chosse between those 2 but if Hightower is the lead back then I'd start him over Turner in week 1 especially in a PPR. (with Wells not practicing all week I doubt he'll be a factor even if he plays.) The Rams will still be pretty bad except for Sjax so I doubt they'll risk getting Beanie reinjured in a game they can afford for him to miss. The Rams D really sucked last season vs the run and the pass and even if the D is improved it won't be enough to come close to containing the Cards. DA has sucked since 2007 but pretty much anyone can throw an accurate dump off pass. I think the Cards will give DA a chance to build some more confidence by using Breaston, Fitz and Hightower a lot in the first half. In the second half I think they'll start protecting the 10+ point lead they should have by mid 3rd quarter. I think Hightower has a better chance of getting 150 total yds than Turner does vs Pitt.

My crystal ball says

Hightower 20+ carries 100 yds rushing 1-2 tds 5 rec for 50 yds

Turner 20+ carries for 80 yds 0-1 td 2 rec for 20 yds

It's Hightower and it's really not even close to me.

I'm still leaning towards Turner ONLY because I drafted him as my #1. Anyone else want to convince me otherwise? Thanks!

If you weren't going to start him you should have drafted someone else. Who is your other RB that you are not including in the question? You do start 2 rbs right?

i have the same decision. i want to go with hightower but am having diffiiculty pulling the trigger.

I've decided to go with Hightower. Last year in week 1 the PIT def held Chris Johnson to only 57 yards and 0 TDs. That was enough to push me over the edge.

Edited by tosberg34

I have the exact same decision in 1 league, Turner or Hightower. Still on the fence for the exact same reason as you, he's my #1 back. It is PPR so I'm really torn. S Jax is my other starter. I have plugged Hightower in, in 2 other leagues as a flex.