[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please, please help with RB2, just can't decide!

jimmyfowler

Hi guys, having a last minute panic about who to pick at RB2. Standard scoring, no ppr. Here are my options:

Arian Foster vs. WAS (good player - bad matchup)

Ahmad Bradshaw vs. IND (average player, great matchup, splits carries)

Brandon Jackson vs. BUF (average player, good matchup, doesn't split carries)

Thanks!

Hi guys, having a last minute panic about who to pick at RB2. Standard scoring, no ppr. Here are my options:

Arian Foster vs. WAS (good player - bad matchup)

Ahmad Bradshaw vs. IND (average player, great matchup, splits carries)

Brandon Jackson vs. BUF (average player, good matchup, doesn't split carries)

Thanks!

I think Bradshaw is a must as the Giants will want to keep Peyton off the field. After that, I'm highly inclined to roll Foster until somebody diaper dirts him down. Jackson will get his, but they may not need to pound him too much against Buffalo, especially since they don't really have another true halfback on the roster yet.

I have a similar dilema in one league where I have Bradshaw and Jackson (to pair with M Turner). Standard scoring - no PPR. Right now I've got Bradshaw penned in however I'm considering switching to Jackson as Bradshaw splits and Jacobs seemd to run better last week - so I could see him getting more carries this week devaluing Bradshaw. My concern with Jackson is GBs tendency to pass - but they will likely be ahead and try to run out the clock (plus Buf as easy or easier to run on then IND)....so for me a very tough call. Good advice in this thread - but I'm still undecided and may switch to Jackson....argh (still good situation - choosing between 2 guys with great matchups!)

FWIW, I watched the entire NYG game last weekend, and can report that their run blocking has picked up this season exactly where it left off last year ... meaning ineffective. In last week's game vs CAR, there were at least 7-8 running plays where Bradshaw or Jacobs were hit behind the line, some of the plays resulting in a loss, those that did not end up losing yardage were only because one of the RBs managed to make it back to the line on their own effort. As an aside, I am at a loss as to why the NYG seem determined to have (FB) Madison Hedgecock on the field at all ... from what I saw last year and in week 1 this year, he can't catch, is not a good lead blocker/pass blocker, and is not a threat running the ball ... yet the NYG keep putting him out there as a lead blocker that generally manages to do little except further clog running lanes above & beyond the lack of lanes currently being created by the o-line. Note that last week, 39 of Bradshaw's 76 rushing yards came on 1 play in the 2nd half, and it was one of those "something from nothing" plays against a tired CAR defense that still managed to initially bottle up the RB at the line ... likewise, Jacobs had 44 yards rushing, 22 on 1 play ... I'll concede however, that on the 22 yard run, Jacobs did have a hole to run thru, one of the few created by the NYG line all day.

Granted, IND is certainly NOT a stout run defense - witness Foster's day last game - but still, unless/until the NYG manage to sort out the run blocking debacle they have on their hands right now, my guess is that much of the rushing production generated by Jacobs or Bradshaw will come by accident, or because they managed on their own to make something out of nothing.

While Bradshaw could end up posting ok FF numbers this week (maybe 80 rush, 50/50 shot at a TD), I expect that if he does it will be due to the match up against the weak IND run defense, not because of good play by the Giants. Were it my decision to make, I'd be very tempted to use Foster this week/every week regardless of opponent until a firm reason NOT to play him presents itself.

Edited by ts

Foster. Foster. Foster.

Most analysts agree that Foster did NOT put on a one week wonder, and WILL provide solid numbers.

Foster - Plays a decent defense, which Haynesworth will possibly not play, dropping them to mediocre. Foster is beast.

Bradshaw - Indy doesn't have a huge run defense, and Bradshaw will see some numbers, but he is also a sharing back, and I hate sharing backs. I think these teams will be focused in the air more than the ground this week with their back fields being a weak link.

Jackson - We haven't seen enough of Jackson to know he can fill the void, I think Marshawn Lynch will be in GB soon.