[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Tom Brady?

teewhy237

I play in a 12team auction league with standard scoring and the only way we can acquire free agents is to drop players and use their auction day salary. My team is this

Brady

Stafford

D. Williams

M. Forte

R. Bush

L. Washington

M. Colston

R. Moss

D. Henderson

C. Chambers

M. Thomas

N. Washington

Vernon Davis

Todd Heap

Vinateri

Someone dropped Sims Walker last week, Demaryius Thomas, and Kyle Orton are available as well. Sims Walker will be the hot commodity this week in waivers and I don't think the few points I could scrounge up from my scrubs is going to land him. Should I drop Brady, which I paid 33 of 200 to attempt to acquire all 3. I guess the obvious question is will Orton and Sims Walker outproduce Brady and my other scrub WR 3's? I have good expectations for Thomas which would boost my depth as well. I'm leaning towards doing it. What do you think?

Tom Brady is only a name. FF is about stats, period. Brady's stats can't be much better if at all than Orton's over the first two weeks, with me having the ability to pick up a preseason ranked top 20 WR in MSW and very nice upside in D. Thomas. My gut feeling tells me Orton will continue to put up similar stats from the first 2 weeks. I think its a borderline improvement, but that's really why I"m asking to see if anyone sees it different.

I wish I had people with your mentality in my league ready to drop a number 5 signal caller for orton only after 2 weeks. if Brady has shown anything in the last 8 years can be summed up with one word. "Consistency" lets revist this again at week 16 and we can put these two on a scale and measure how many more fantasy points Brady will have over Orton. Personly I think it's suicide but If you are soild in your convictions then by all means put Brady on the chopping block and see what happens.

I'm not at all implying that Orton is better than Brady only an equivalent at Ortons best. I view it as to how it affects my lineup. It's not just Brady vs Orton, I'm not that dumb. It's Orton and MSW in my lineup vs Brady and one of the other rockstars I have at my WR3. Maybe I'll try to drop some of the dead heads and at least give it a try but I know I won't get MSW by only bidding the 4or5 pts I can muster up for him. It might help me too to start the dead head that has TD in both games so far at my WR 3 (Nate Washington). Thanks for response.

Hold on... You have Stafford, Nate Washington, Reggie Bush, Leon Washington, and Todd Heap, and you're thinking about dropping Brady? Nothing against those other players, but I'm sorry, to drop Brady, let alone drop him over any of those guys is :wacko:

It is a 16 game season, and there is a reason why Brady is going near the top of drafts and Orton is sitting on your waiver-wire.. 2 good weeks doesn't change that... And none of this even mentions that Brady has a little thing called trade-value.. You jsut can't drop valuable players for the flavor-of-the-week, or you will micromanage your team into mediocrity very quick.

Impossible to answer without knowing:

A: costs of the other players on your team

B: What players typically go for

also, can you make bids on the players and then only have to cut if you get them, or do you have to make the room beforehand? In the event you do think it is a good move for your team, you then have to weight the additional rsk if it is the latter, as there is obviously no guarantee you would get any, much less all, of those players.

We need a lot more info.

What happens to a guy's price after you drop him?

Why do you feel the need to drop Brady to get this done?

Is MSW set at 33 (or close) or is this just about what you think it will take to get him?

What are your starting requirements?

I'll take a blind stab without knowing the above but advise very subject to change:

If a guy's "price" resets after being dropped, I'd look at dropping Stafford and getting just Orton/Thomas for his price. If you need more dollars, maybe include DeAngelo and get a bargain RB (Hillis?) that's functional (as opposed to DeAngelo, who is currently dead money).

I can't see any scenario where Brady's 33 bucks (seems cheap to me, what did premium QB's go for in your league?) are worth what you lose from his production over the course of a full season.

We can do conditional bids so I won't lose Brady if I don't acquire the guys I want. To make a long story short, I asked for advice and got it and overwhelmingly in favor of sitting tight. Someone inquired about the cost of the top tier QBs in our draft and Rodgers went for the most at 51. Brees went 40+. Most of my depth i got for one point. I'll try to muster up a few points and bid for MSW and Thomas. As disappointing as D. Williams has been, I can't see dropping him just yet. I tried to snag Hillis last week but was outbidded. Thanks for everyone's input. What's even more interesting about this whole thought is the fact that this is the first year in 10+ years I went into my auction wanting to acquire a top end QB with specifically Brady in mind. I've always sacrificed on my QB to bolster up my position players and just play matchups with my QBs. Can't say how many seasons I ended up with Kitna and great hopes Martz in Detroit was going to make a difference. More times than not I've made the playoffs but I've never been a real legitimate threat to win it all and going into the season I acknowledged the fact that I always neglect my QB position and decided to change this year. Old habits die hard I guess. I'll stick with Brady. Thanks again for everyone's input.

MSW is erratic and will continue to be erratic. Orton, I think he will produce numbers be the team is a strong team so there will be plenty of low scoring weeks for Orton. Brady, well, he will have some low scoring games but not many. the $33 is not crazy value for such a QB that will pretty consistently get you good results week in and week out.

I wouldn't do it.

if you are so low on Brady why not trade him? I know it can be hard to trade Qbs, I don;t know anything about your league mates, but if they all think he's a top 5 stud like we do, it is probably the best way to go about making your team better.

i.e. Brady for Matt Ryan and a WR1/2 or whatever you need and whatever balances your budget.