[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Songs you hate

driveby

Was sadly reminded of another stellar candidate on the radio today: Joan Jett's "I love rock n roll" ie a trailer park barfarama if ever there was one. Might as well stuff a pack of cigs in the arm of a cheap white t-shirt and put on some Def Lepperd.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kokomo from the Beach Boys makes me want to puke.

Just like Saturday Night from the Bay City Rollers did when I was back in school.

btw...hearing any Rick Astley song make me violent and want to seek out Mr. Pansy Astley and kick the #$%^&* out of him.

Just sayin'

daft punk, "around the world." this comes on sirius alt-nation every once in a while. i've never heard any other daft punk song, but this one makes me want to stab the radio. i just looked up the lyrics:

Around the world, around the world.

Repeat 20 times.

also, "what's goin' on," 4 non blondes

How could I forget "I can only imagine." I swear they say that line 800 times in the song and precious little else.

Meatloaf in general but esp "2 outta 3" and the one with the baseball thing in the middle (or is that the same song)

Edited by BeeR

anything by the Beatles or The Rolling Stones except Paint It Black...I think that's the name anyways...

their whole discography does nothing for me...

and for anyone here who puts Zeppelin, The Doors...here ya go :wacko:

oh and Genesis sucks too...and anyone who branched off from that group to have a solo career :tup:

Edited by Avernus

daft punk, "around the world." this comes on sirius alt-nation every once in a while. i've never heard any other daft punk song, but this one makes me want to stab the radio. i just looked up the lyrics:

that 4 non blondes song was complete crap and I consider it a microcosm of what early 90's crap that I was subjected to....

also anything from Metallica starting from the Black album and anything since....

I could keep coming up with stuff if I really put my mind to it...

Just like Saturday Night from the Bay City Rollers did when I was back in school.

Slight redemption for "Saturday Night" - The Ramones wrote "Blitzkrieg Bop", in part, because they heard "Saturday Night" and wanted to have a song of their own where they got to chant out some lyrics.

Honest injun, that's what I heard.

Slight redemption for "Saturday Night" - The Ramones wrote "Blitzkrieg Bop", in part, because they heard "Saturday Night" and wanted to have a song of their own where they got to chant out some lyrics.

oh I hate the entire Punk genre.....thought of that when I read your post...

Listening to Daft Punk for the lyrics is like reading the Bible for its prose.

. Great use of a George Benson sample.

As much as I dislike the original, the "dance remix" of the song is deserving of a shallow grave after a painful death.

oh I hate the entire Punk genre.....thought of that when I read your post...

Punk is kind of a tough genre to hate, IMO. Especially when you consider that Iggy Pop, Blondie, the Talking Heads, the Ramones, and Nirvana (think Unplugged in NY) all fall under the "punk" umbrella.

But what do I know, I'm the guy who goes to the mat for country, heavy metal, and ABBA. :wacko:

Actually, this is true. Some think it has something to do w/ Nazis, etc. But no.

I knew the Ramones back in the 80's. Cool, but out there.

Actually, this is true. Some think it has something to do w/ Nazis, etc. But no.

I knew the Ramones back in the 80's. Cool, but out there.

There was a Ramones doc out that was FANTASTIC (looking it up - End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones).

As awesome as I thought they were, this really added depth to their story. Who knew, really, that "The KKK Took My Baby Away" was Joey's dig at Johnny for essentially stealing the love of his life?

Accountant

Well, tough to fault you for much in that case ( :tup: )....The Ramones were one of those prototypical "oh, they are GREAT!" "yeah, they are, how many of their albums do you own?" "Oh, uh.... :wacko: ....none" bands.

Well, tough to fault you for much in that case ( :tup: )....The Ramones were one of those prototypical "oh, they are GREAT!" "yeah, they are, how many of their albums do you own?" "Oh, uh.... :wacko: ....none" bands.

hey chavez, you changed your avatar to the Jesus tongueing the bowling ball ...

The Dude: Penny Lanein' Quintana... that creep can roll, man.

Walter Sobchak: Yeah, but he's a pervert, Dude.

The Dude: Yeah.

Walter Sobchak: No, he's a sex offender. With a record. He served 6 months in Chino for exposing himself to an eight year old.

The Dude: Oh!

Walter Sobchak: When he moved to Hollywood he had to go door to door to tell everyone he was a pederast.

Donny: What's a... pederast, Walter?

Walter Sobchak: Shut the Penny Lane up, Donny