[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

black widow

Azazello1313

found one of these f'ers in my garage last night. of course, the first thing I did was break out one of my macro lenses to take some pictures (maybe I'll post later). then I caught it in a mason jar, where it awaits sentencing.

there's a little gap under my garage door on one end, I assume that is how it got in. does normal raid type stuff work in keeping her friends and relatives out?

Not sure, but I don't think Raid will do it.

But....

http://www.vvh.org/pages/p-your-health-top...ticides-226.php

Although pyrethrin is registered specifically for black widow spiders, other space sprays of resmethrin (Vectrin) are useful for clean outs in outbuildings, crawl spaces, etc.

Many common insecticide aerosols will control the occasional spider. Some are labeled for homeowner use, while others are labeled only for the licensed, certified, pesticide applicator or pest control operator.

found one of these f'ers in my garage last night. of course, the first thing I did was break out one of my macro lenses to take some pictures (maybe I'll post later). then I caught it in a mason jar, where it awaits sentencing.

there's a little gap under my garage door on one end, I assume that is how it got in. does normal raid type stuff work in keeping her friends and relatives out?

one got in my frickin truck...luckily since I got rid of him I havent seen another web in the truck.

have you thought about calling Billy The Exterminator?

Not sure, but I don't think Raid will do it.

But....

http://www.vvh.org/pages/p-your-health-top...ticides-226.php

Although pyrethrin is registered specifically for black widow spiders, other space sprays of resmethrin (Vectrin) are useful for clean outs in outbuildings, crawl spaces, etc.

Many common insecticide aerosols will control the occasional spider. Some are labeled for homeowner use, while others are labeled only for the licensed, certified, pesticide applicator or pest control operator.

Pyrethrins will give you quick knock down but no residual. Pyrethroid will give you some knock down with good residual. Some newer chemistry like phenylpyrazole won't give you much knock down but have excellent residual plus are not detected by insects. Some interesting info.

That's a helluva macro lens.

:wacko: