[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official Favre @ GB Thread

SatchDork

:wacko: So when the Vikings or Favre win its because they're good... When the Packers win it's luck? What about all of the bad luck they Packers have had in losing three games by a total of 9 points?

Hugs and kisses.

MN is lucky to be 2-4. GB is lucky to be 4-3. No one said "MN wins because they are good." That was last year (With luck in a few games too.) But, this year they are a step-back if not further.

What I'm saying is GB is a LONG way from being the annointed Pre-Season Favorite to be SuperBowl Champion. Yes, injuries have decimated them, but TT still needs to use FA to get players in there that make a difference. Not all of his Draft Choices are panning out.

Take your victory. But, don't bash anyone who disagrees with your view. I still think the Division is a toss-up at this point.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No . . . no he didnt. He now plays for a bitter, bitter enemy and a division rival. A rival that beat the packers twice last year.

The Favre love fest went on for a long, long time. He will be welcomed back when he gets in teh hall of fame, and will probably have his number retired by the packers when that happens.

Until then, and for as long as he plays for the Vikings (or bears or Lions) he will not receive any coddling or babying. he plays for the opposite team, so get over it.

Favre with his OWN ACTIONS toward Green bay the last several years has brought the catcalls upon himself. You reap what you sow . . .

There are just as many GB fans, not jilted fanatics, who feel just the opposite of you. There are also many who agree with you.

Just some quotes from another site...

The more I think about it, I think it sucks that #4 was booed out of Lambeau walking off that field that he created so many memories on for the last time. Listen, hate him for the flip flopping if you want, hate him for being a Viking if you want, hate him for the texts if you want, if you want to boo him during the game, go for it. He gave everything to GB. For what he did between 1992-2007 he deserved better

-------------------------

totally agree with you -----. I must have read or heard 100 times today that Favre was faking the limp or he pretends to be hurt when he makes a bad play. Really surprised by some Packer fan reactions

I've learned there are three types of people in this world. Those who don't care about Brett Favre, those who like Brett Favre, and those who have nothing better to do in life than bitch about Brett Favre. I'll try my best to be one of the first two.

I totally agree. As a Packer fan I am dissapointed those who did that didn't have more class.

Totally agree with you -----! Even as a Packer fan, I hated what the fans did at the end of the game...

Completely agree, what were the Packers before Favre? They sure as heck weren't Super Bowl contenders and he led them there twice, winning one of them!

I like the way you put that. After the game is over give the man who made GB for this generation a little respect

Thanks -----! Couldn't have said it better- "Sportsmanship" took a hit from the GB fans! How quick we forget!

Very well put I know I say a lot about the guy but he played his heart out in that game and deserved better. It soured the whole win for me that some of the most classiest fans in sports would do that. It really sickened me and you know I thought finally I could feel better about watching football but this is almost worse than him being a Viking today I'm sad to be a Packer fan.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

But, does anyone else see that the GB Fans tarnished their Reputation for being the "Class of Fans" by booing Favre at the end of the game?

Better yet, how about those who hope he gets injured to the point of being removed from the game? Either way, to me, that is classless.

Say what you will about the "Swinging Door of Will I Play, Won't I Play?" I get that. Even I have said it has been old.

Forget the Text Fiasco...that to me is still DUMB Beyond Words and will tarnish him as a person...and unfortunately player.

HOWEVER, doesn't he deserve a bit of respect for what he has done for the NFL and ultimately Green Bay? Who remembers Green Bay of the '80's? No one knew any semblance of respect since the Starr or Lombardi Days until Holmgren, Wolf, Reggie, and yes Favre arrived to Lambeau Field.

Favre the Player, along with Reggie, LeRoy Butler..and OTHERS from those teams deserves some respect. He didn't get that last night. Booing at the beginning of the game. The cat-calls during the game are expected too. Heck, even I yelled "Same old ***Brett" when he threw the Pick-6.

But, at the end of the game, when Brett walked off the field for most likely the last time, even as an "Enemy" as some believe....he deserved better. Say what you will and put it into the "Well, he is a drama queen who wavered until they couldn't wait anymore." or "He went to the Enemy."

But...he deserved better.

1. Favre did everything he could to hurt the Packers organization over the last handful of years. From Ted Thompson, to Mike McCarthy, to his former teammates to the Fans. You cant forget

2. You're saying to forget the will he wont he retire, trying to be bigger than the team, and ultimately joining the Vikings to try and stick it to the Packers... But we're not supposed to forget what he did when he was in Green Bay? It's not selective. You remember the entire picture, not just one part. And as of Monday night he was a

A. Viking

B. Cheating bastard...

Why should he be cheered? He's a drama queen, a liar, and on a hated rival. For what he attempted to do by trying to set the Packers back as a franchise tarnishes everything he did as a packer that was good. I was a Favre diehard for over half of my life, then he stabbed the packers in the back. Do we cheer Benedict Arnold for all the good he did prior to the whole changing teams and going to the rivals?

He doesn't deserve the respect that LeRoy Butler, Reggie White or the others that you mentioned above. None of them demanded that they be bigger than the team, and none of them went on to try and hurt the franchise from the top(Ted Thompson) to the bottom (fans) the way he did. You don't have to agree, but get off your high horse. He's owed nothing. He had everything and pissed on all of us Packer fans.

Agree to Disagree I guess Butt Pirate.

But, you are one of the jilted fanatics. There are plenty in GB that see it differently. The quotes above were from actual Packer Fans...so they must all be wrong as they have a different POV than you do.

We'll see how this Franchise (TEAM) of TT, MM, and AR fares when compared to what Wolf, Holmgren, and Favre (TEAM) did.

But, you are one of the jilted fanatics. There are plenty in GB that see it differently. The quotes above were from actual Packer Fans...so they must all be wrong as they have a different POV than you do.

We'll see how this Franchise (TEAM) of TT, MM, and AR fares when compared to what Wolf, Holmgren, and Favre (TEAM) did.

If you're going to try and make a logical point it may be best to avoid asinine attempts to bait me with the "Butt Pirate" thing. It doesn't get under my skin, and leads many of us to beleive you're a twelve year old kid.

It has nothing to do with being jilted. It has to do with integrity and class... A right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. And I'm sure the plenty of fans you are talking about all stayed at home Sunday, as this thread is about Favre being boo'd off the field. Saying the quotes above are from actual Packers fans mean nothing... You can find fans of a team that will have differing opinions. Not everyone is going to be 100% on board anything. I do understand that Favre still has a following in Green Bay. I also know that after all of the crap that has been pulled it has weakened a ton.

You acted like a child last year when Favre was rolling, now you're acting like a child when the wheels fall off. Thanks again for posting nothing of substance.

You still havent grasped the fact that there is a difference between being a PACKER fan and a FAVRE fan. PACKER fans dont cheer for players on the opposite team. FAVRE fans and follow him wherever the hell they want.

Hoyle, dont overlook the fact that favre didnt handle this situation with any class whatsoever . . . . he made his bed, now he can lie in it. :wacko:

You still havent grasped the fact that there is a difference between being a PACKER fan and a FAVRE fan. PACKER fans dont cheer for players on the opposite team. FAVRE fans and follow him wherever the hell they want.

Hoyle, dont overlook the fact that favre didnt handle this situation with any class whatsoever . . . . he made his bed, now he can lie in it. :wacko:

I'm utilizing the ignore feature so I don't have to read anymore of Ed Hoyles post on the level of his Favre love.

This is just my opinion but here it goes. I live in Green Bay and have been a huge Favre fan but I am also a big Packer fan and being a Packer fan is more that just being a Favre fan. I know a ton of people in this town and this town has some very smart football people and some huge idiots. The people that tend to now understand the baggage of Favre and realize they need to cheer for the team and if needed boo Favre or do whatever are the smart fans. The people that continue to show this undying love are the idiots. I have been working on this hypothesis for a while now and thank you for helping prove my point. :wacko:

I'm utilizing the ignore feature so I don't have to read anymore of Ed Hoyles post on the level of his Favre love.

poor butt pirate....you have yet to state how dear 'ol Teddy has yet to build a team and coach around AR. All we've heard are excuses when they don't live up to the hype.

They will NEVER do for GB what Wolf and Holmgren did with Favre, Reggie and others did. To many that still deserves credit and respect.

You don't have to give it. But neither do the rest who disagree with TT, MM, and their near-miss years. What will the excuse be next year? They could have had Lynch. but, alas TT doesn't do things that way...and look where it is getting them. Play the injury card, but even Santana Dotson says that excuse can be used only so long. Drafted players have to play up to the challenge of being an NFL player.

Favre did make his own bed...but the fact remains that if TT, MM, and AR don't have as many winning seasons, Division Titles, and a SB...they will always have to walk in the shadow of a Dynasty.

This is just my opinion but here it goes. I live in Green Bay and have been a huge Favre fan but I am also a big Packer fan and being a Packer fan is more that just being a Favre fan. I know a ton of people in this town and this town has some very smart football people and some huge idiots. The people that tend to now understand the baggage of Favre and realize they need to cheer for the team and if needed boo Favre or do whatever are the smart fans. The people that continue to show this undying love are the idiots. I have been working on this hypothesis for a while now and thank you for helping prove my point. :wacko:

[/quote

With that well thought response, we know where you fit in...either on your knees in front of butt pirate , or behind him going to town...unless TT is part of the train.

poor butt pirate....you have yet to state how dear 'ol Teddy has yet to build a team and coach around AR. All we've heard are excuses when they don't live up to the hype.

They will NEVER do for GB what Wolf and Holmgren did with Favre, Reggie and others did. To many that still deserves credit and respect.

You don't have to give it. But neither do the rest who disagree with TT, MM, and their near-miss years. What will the excuse be next year? They could have had Lynch. but, alas TT doesn't do things that way...and look where it is getting them. Play the injury card, but even Santana Dotson says that excuse can be used only so long. Drafted players have to play up to the challenge of being an NFL player.

Favre did make his own bed...but the fact remains that if TT, MM, and AR don't have as many winning seasons, Division Titles, and a SB...they will always have to walk in the shadow of a Dynasty.

What the hell are you talking about? Who is saying anything in this thread about comparing legacies?

You continue to bow to Favre when he comes to Green Bay as a member of the Vikings. Therefore, you are a FAVRE fan and NOT a Packers fan.

You cheer for the team . . players come and go. In favre's case, he was purposefully spiteful and disparaging of the team that catered to his every whim and inking about retirement. the team that took a chance on him when he NEVER would have played for the Falcons.

Seriously, where are your priorities if you call yourself a Packer fan??

During the game they had a great montage on the screens on a TV timeout about what it means to be a part of the Green Bay Packers, and Reggie White had a great interview in there. Brett Favre right now only cares about Brett Favre, plain and simple. (the recent allegations just help to prove that point).

Ehh . . . . why bother.

What the hell are you talking about? Who is saying anything in this thread about comparing legacies?

You continue to bow to Favre when he comes to Green Bay as a member of the Vikings. Therefore, you are a FAVRE fan and NOT a Packers fan.

You cheer for the team . . players come and go. In favre's case, he was purposefully spiteful and disparaging of the team that catered to his every whim and inking about retirement. the team that took a chance on him when he NEVER would have played for the Falcons.

During the game they had a great montage on the screens on a TV timeout about what it means to be a part of the Green Bay Packers, and Reggie White had a great interview in there. Brett Favre right now only cares about Brett Favre, plain and simple. (the recent allegations just help to prove that point).

Ehh . . . . why bother.

No one is saying he was not at fault. He was just as much and more than TT. Selfish yes but TT made it known Favre was not his QB from day one.

Even Philly cheered for McNabb....apples to oranges..but they are some of the most unforgiving fans and at times hated McNabb.

Would GB have had the 90s run w/o Favre who knows... But they did and a team to go with him.

TT has yet to do that and not continue with the yeah but....routine of excuses.

TT has yet to do that...but so far nothing but excuses.

Ehh . . . . why bother.

+1,000

No one is saying he was not at fault. He was just as much and more than TT. Selfish yes but TT made it known Favre was not his QB from day one.

Even Philly cheered for McNabb....apples to oranges..but they are some of the most unforgiving fans and at times hated McNabb.

Would GB have had the 90s run w/o Favre who knows... But they did and a team to go with him.

TT has yet to do that and not continue with the yeah but....routine of excuses.

TT has yet to do that...but so far nothing but excuses.

Hoyle - don't you think it is odd that nobody agrees with you and you have a bunch of people adamantly disagreeing with you?

Like BP said - why bother?

My team of preference is pretty well known, but because, except for 1 year, he has been a PITA in our division. I give MY thoughts.

My History w/ Favre:

1992 - 1999... just out and out hate. (But less than that Magic debacle. :wacko: )

2000-2007... a definite love/hate, w/ a lot of admiration.

2008-present.... Disdain. The guy has an ego problem eclipsed by no one (Well maybe Deion, Ocho, and 1 or 2 more). All the "I'll retire...No...Yes" and his "I'm too good for camp." attitude is outrageous. Don't get me started on all the sack licking he gets from announcers. The man has a problem, and I think when he finally retires we'll still be reading articles of his antics, and it won't be good.

As far as booiing, NO PLAYER deserves that. I've had arguments about that w/ friends and I hate it. Boo the coaches. I think most players, regardless of salary, play their hearts out week to week. Do they screw up?? Of course, but so do we all. Plus it was in GB! :tup:

Those are my thoughts. Deal w/ them anyway yall want.

rr26

Hoyle - don't you think it is odd that nobody agrees with you and you have a bunch of people adamantly disagreeing with you?

Like BP said - why bother?

Time will tell. so far GB can't live up to the hype. that speaks more than anyone who disagrees with me.

When they fail in less Div Titles, Winning Seasons, and lack of a SB that is satisfaction enough. TT will go down as the also-ran that he's been thus far.

Back to the original point....IMHO and other GB fans....Favre deserved more repect at the end of the game.

'Nuff said.

My team of preference is pretty well known, but because, except for 1 year, he has been a PITA in our division. I give MY thoughts.

My History w/ Favre:

1992 - 1999... just out and out hate. (But less than that Magic debacle. :wacko: )

2000-2007... a definite love/hate, w/ a lot of admiration.

2008-present.... Disdain. The guy has an ego problem eclipsed by no one (Well maybe Deion, Ocho, and 1 or 2 more). All the "I'll retire...No...Yes" and his "I'm too good for camp." attitude is outrageous. Don't get me started on all the sack licking he gets from announcers. The man has a problem, and I think when he finally retires we'll still be reading articles of his antics, and it won't be good.

As far as booiing, NO PLAYER deserves that. I've had arguments about that w/ friends and I hate it. Boo the coaches. I think most players, regardless of salary, play their hearts out week to week. Do they screw up?? Of course, but so do we all. Plus it was in GB! :tup:

Those are my thoughts. Deal w/ them anyway yall want.

rr26

Thanks. That was my original point....but I let bother stuff get in the way.

If you're going to try and make a logical point it may be best to avoid asinine attempts to bait me with the "Butt Pirate" thing. It doesn't get under my skin, and leads many of us to beleive you're a twelve year old kid.

It has nothing to do with being jilted. It has to do with integrity and class... A right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. And I'm sure the plenty of fans you are talking about all stayed at home Sunday, as this thread is about Favre being boo'd off the field. Saying the quotes above are from actual Packers fans mean nothing... You can find fans of a team that will have differing opinions. Not everyone is going to be 100% on board anything. I do understand that Favre still has a following in Green Bay. I also know that after all of the crap that has been pulled it has weakened a ton.

You acted like a child last year when Favre was rolling, now you're acting like a child when the wheels fall off. Thanks again for posting nothing of substance.

Really and your constant reference to Favre Fans as "Nuthuggers" isn't on the 12 year old level?

• 2 weeks later...