[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official Favre @ GB Thread

SatchDork

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game so maybe I missed some things... I am listening to Kfan - Vikings talk radio - they are complaining about the refs - am I missing something? The refs were horrible but they seemed to be more one sided in favor of the Vikes.

4 TD's that were called wrong - 3 Vikings TD's overturned

Was that late hit on Harvin really late - hard to tell at game???

How many facemasks on Mathews????

The spot on the Jennings catch was bad.

What calls were bad that were in favor of the Pack - besides the Quarless TD - why the hell did Childress not challenge that.

Also - the Vikings fans being Aholes here are eerily similar to a ton of Viking fans at the game tonight.

Very little respect for most Viking fans.

Not worthy of comment.....Nothing to see here....move along. *sigh*

I'm out of here, but if the majority feels I should delete my post I will.

This has gone too far. My dojo or your's................ :wacko:

ETA:

Trying to make sense in a senseless post is fruitless! :tup: :tup: When will I learn. :lol:

Wow. You're going to make me read six pages of crap aren't you. :lol:

Wow looks like this thread would have blown a 2.4 for alcohol last night.

The game was played by two teams that are not playing well right now. BOTH QB's had major issues last night. Favre was trying to force balls instead of throwing them away. Rodgers at times could not hit the broad side of a barn.

Both defenses were suspect. Our secondary was miserable for the first half. We got very little pressure on Rodgers which is a credit to an O'line that has been banged up maybe finally getting healthy and a good game plan of quick passes and screens to slow down our rush.

Refs were horrible but they missed calls on both sides. Still not sure how Shianco'sTD was overturned and how does teh ref call a TD on Percy's catch I mean he was standing right there and it was not close. The GB TD should have been challenged but GB was smart and kicked the xtra piit right away. There were no good looks at it until after the break so Chilly did not have a good idea he should challenge. I am sure the stadium replay was not showining it.

I think the Vikings lost this game as much as Packers won it. But congrats to the Packers.

I was pleasantly suprised that Chilly actually got a little heated last night. He needs to take this team back from Favre.

Luckly the NFC North is has bad as it is this year so no one is out of it yet.

Did that ball look at least catchable if Moss had made an effort to go up for it? I mean, it looked to me like he gave up on it.

I have no pony in this show, just an observation.

Initially I thought it looked like he short-armed it a little bit. The replay from behind the end zone showed it to be a very tough catch, though. The ball was coming in fast, high, and outside to Moss' left. Is it a catch Moss could have made and we've seen him make before? Yes. Was it one he should have made and only missed because he "gave up" on it? I don't think so.

A few things I think I think...

The offensive player that scares me the most on the Vikings isn't Moss or Peterson. Harvin is downright scary. I have a feeling he and Clay Matthews are going to have an intense rivalry for many many years...

Brandon Jackson may not be the dumpster fire that I proclaimed him to be... Just a dumpster.

Andrew Quarless isn't ready for the bright lights.

Brian Bulaga played lights out today, as did Chad Clifton. I don't remember the last time GB's tackles outplayed a scary defense.

Clay Matthews may have his facemask grabbed more than anyone in the league... I thought it was pretty awesome when he figured he had to take his helmet off to avoid a facemask from Loadholt on that last drive... He clearly wasn't 100%, but Matthews at whatever percent is still light years better than the other options...

I really didn't think Green Bay way going to pull this one off. They did, and now they're tied for the NFC North lead with the Bears... And finally Green Bay's offense played up to their potential. Hopefully that can keep it going in New York next week... :wacko:

I think I concur on all counts. Clifton was particularly impressive against Jared Allen.

Initially I thought it looked like he short-armed it a little bit. The replay from behind the end zone showed it to be a very tough catch, though. The ball was coming in fast, high, and outside to Moss' left. Is it a catch Moss could have made and we've seen him make before? Yes. Was it one he should have made and only missed because he "gave up" on it? I don't think so.

I agree. Moss was there, former GB/Jet QB just air-mailed it a little too much. It would have been a spectacular catch had he made it though, but looking at the pic in the Strib today it didn't look very catchable.

Rotten, sure (those picks were all horrible), but I don't think you can say his heart wasn't in it

His heart is in it, the rest of him isn't. Elbow, ankle, this is going to be a classic case of one season too many. He won't be the first (anyone remember Jerry Rice's last season?) and he won't be the last.

His heart is in it, the rest of him isn't. Elbow, ankle, this is going to be a classic case of one season too many. He won't be the first (anyone remember Jerry Rice's last season?) and he won't be the last.

yeah, i got to think the injuries are just catching up to him. only way you can explain such a drastic drop off from last year. Also, Moss has not replaced Rice at all IMO. Just seemed chemistry was not there at all last night. Maybe a few more games will help but they could be out of it by then.

Valhalla... What is your new sig going to be going forward?

Ed Holye? Where are you?

You bastards run your mouths every chance you get, I want to hear from you now...

Play nice butt pirate.

You were lucky once again. You led in every stat. And yet let MN stay in it. GB was the better team tonight. had the MN TD been kept...MN win. had the GB TD been challenged ..MN win.

Take the win like you deserve it. GB still has a LONG way to go in order to be as good as preseason hopes led many to believe.

I think I concur on all counts. Clifton was particularly impressive against Jared Allen.

GB OL was good against MN all night.

Why wasn't Mattews called for taking his helmet off...isn't that normally a penalty?

It was a very close game with both teams in it until the end.

2 more Packers on IR :wacko:

Packers | Two defenders will miss rest of season Mon Oct 25, 02:21 PM

Green Bay Packers LB Brady Poppinga (knee) and DE Mike Neal will need season-ending surgeries to repair injuries, reports Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Poppinga had his knee scoped lat week but it was determined he needs more work. Neal will need surgery on his shoulder after rehab did not work.

I was at the game so, have a few different observations.

1- Most Vikings fans were surprsing decent. That has not been my experience in the past with other Vikings games. However i did see two Vikings fans get thrown for starting a fight in the stands in the 1st quarter . . good times.

2-Rodgers was lights out in the first quarter and most of the second half. Then it seemed like the receivers and Rodgers werent on the same page.

3-Adrian peterson is a beast

4-harvin is ridiculously talented

5- The packers o-line did a great job all night. when Bjax gets a YPC average over 2 yards, then things are going right. Clifton and Bulaga did a GREAT job on Allen and Edwards all night.

6- The chants of "thank you Favre" after the picks was priceless.

7- Some of the signs were hilarious. "Favre stop texting my girlfriend" "crocs dont go with wranglers" and "God wants favres last pass at lambeau to be an INT" were my favorites.

8- Lambeau was the loudest I have ever heard it. And that includes severla playoff games, including the NFC championship.

9- The Packers HAVE to get some d-lineman healthy. They were trotting out a backup OFFENSIVE tackle in short yardage defense cause everyone was hurt.

10- matthews is a huge liablity against the run. The Vikes went at him all day, and he just doesnt have the bulk to hold the point of attack, let alone defeat a run block for an off-tackle play.

11- i LOVED the fourth down fake punt call . . . if only quarless could walk and chew gum tha should have been a completion.

Great win by a Packer team decimated by injuries. Moss looked disinterested most of the game. The Vikes are 2-4 . . . which is very, very sweet to hear. The Pack has lost 2 games in OT and one game they should have won (Bears) by 3 points each game. Every year the teams that make the playoffs find ways to win close games. maybe now the Packers can turn the corner and get some momentum out of winning this close game . .:wacko:

Next time I'll use [sARCAM] [/sARCASM] tags for those on here who do not understand when I am blatantly joking.

Uh... What? I was in shock of a grown man crying like a child in the video...

Play nice butt pirate.

You were lucky once again. You led in every stat. And yet let MN stay in it. GB was the better team tonight. had the MN TD been kept...MN win. had the GB TD been challenged ..MN win.

Take the win like you deserve it. GB still has a LONG way to go in order to be as good as preseason hopes led many to believe.

:wacko: So when the Vikings or Favre win its because they're good... When the Packers win it's luck? What about all of the bad luck they Packers have had in losing three games by a total of 9 points?

Hugs and kisses.

Now, I don't want to get the "Rant" started or give Butt Pirate Ninja any more fuel for the "Favre Nuthugger" fire.

But, does anyone else see that the GB Fans tarnished their Reputation for being the "Class of Fans" by booing Favre at the end of the game?

Better yet, how about those who hope he gets injured to the point of being removed from the game? Either way, to me, that is classless.

Say what you will about the "Swinging Door of Will I Play, Won't I Play?" I get that. Even I have said it has been old.

Forget the Text Fiasco...that to me is still DUMB Beyond Words and will tarnish him as a person...and unfortunately player.

HOWEVER, doesn't he deserve a bit of respect for what he has done for the NFL and ultimately Green Bay? Who remembers Green Bay of the '80's? No one knew any semblance of respect since the Starr or Lombardi Days until Holmgren, Wolf, Reggie, and yes Favre arrived to Lambeau Field.

Favre the Player, along with Reggie, LeRoy Butler..and OTHERS from those teams deserves some respect. He didn't get that last night. Booing at the beginning of the game. The cat-calls during the game are expected too. Heck, even I yelled "Same old ***Brett" when he threw the Pick-6.

But, at the end of the game, when Brett walked off the field for most likely the last time, even as an "Enemy" as some believe....he deserved better. Say what you will and put it into the "Well, he is a drama queen who wavered until they couldn't wait anymore." or "He went to the Enemy."

But...he deserved better.

Now, I don't want to get the "Rant" started or give Butt Pirate Ninja any more fuel for the "Favre Nuthugger" fire.

But, does anyone else see that the GB Fans tarnished their Reputation for being the "Class of Fans" by booing Favre at the end of the game?

Better yet, how about those who hope he gets injured to the point of being removed from the game? Either way, to me, that is classless.

Say what you will about the "Swinging Door of Will I Play, Won't I Play?" I get that. Even I have said it has been old.

Forget the Text Fiasco...that to me is still DUMB Beyond Words and will tarnish him as a person...and unfortunately player.

HOWEVER, doesn't he deserve a bit of respect for what he has done for the NFL and ultimately Green Bay? Who remembers Green Bay of the '80's? No one knew any semblance of respect since the Starr or Lombardi Days until Holmgren, Wolf, Reggie, and yes Favre arrived to Lambeau Field.

Favre the Player, along with Reggie, LeRoy Butler..and OTHERS from those teams deserves some respect. He didn't get that last night. Booing at the beginning of the game. The cat-calls during the game are expected too. Heck, even I yelled "Same old ***Brett" when he threw the Pick-6.

But, at the end of the game, when Brett walked off the field for most likely the last time, even as an "Enemy" as some believe....he deserved better. Say what you will and put it into the "Well, he is a drama queen who wavered until they couldn't wait anymore." or "He went to the Enemy."

But...he deserved better.

No . . . no he didnt. He now plays for a bitter, bitter enemy and a division rival. A rival that beat the packers twice last year.

The Favre love fest went on for a long, long time. He will be welcomed back when he gets in teh hall of fame, and will probably have his number retired by the packers when that happens.

Until then, and for as long as he plays for the Vikings (or bears or Lions) he will not receive any coddling or babying. he plays for the opposite team, so get over it.

Favre with his OWN ACTIONS toward Green bay the last several years has brought the catcalls upon himself. You reap what you sow . . .