[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting

cliaz

So right now I am working from home and it is a cloudy, gloomy day here in NC. A moment ago a siren from the direction of the New Hill Nuclear power plant (not sure it is defiantly the plant, only from that direction) began going off. If you have ever seen the movie Silent Hill it sounds just like that.

There is no one in the neighborhood so i can't gauge the critical nature of this siren by the volume of people leaving the area. I have iodine pills so I'm all good in the hood :wacko:

Too bad my wife is allergic to iodine and can't take the pills. Luckily I have a lot of life insurance on her :tup::tup:

So right now I am working from home and it is a cloudy, gloomy day here in NC. A moment ago a siren from the direction of the New Hill Nuclear power plant (not sure it is defiantly the plant, only from that direction) began going off. If you have ever seen the movie Silent Hill it sounds just like that.

There is no one in the neighborhood so i can't gauge the critical nature of this siren by the volume of people leaving the area. I have iodine pills so I'm all good in the hood :tup:

Too bad my wife is allergic to iodine and can't take the pills. Luckily I have a lot of life insurance on her :tup::lol:

The Road 2...:wacko:

Kinda funny, I was just reading on CNN where there is a Nuclear Plant in NC that just released 800,000 cubic yards of noxious radioactive gas...

Cliaz being Cliaz

I live near the Shearon Harris Nuclear power plant (roughly 11 miles away). They have a good safety record and only 1 900mw generator/reactor. They use Lake Harris to cool the reactor. Between 2013-2018 they will be installing a second reactor since they were approved expansion by the nuclear regulatory commission. I believe I've stated this here already but if not they are using the damaged generator from 3-mile island (refurbished of course) for the 2nd reactor. No worries with that since it is just the generator that produces the electricity. However, they will need to raise Harris Lake water levels another 3 feet in order to be able to cool both reactors.

I do know that they do not send their waste material off to Yucca mountain yet and store it underground on site.

I live near the Shearon Harris Nuclear power plant (roughly 11 miles away). They have a good safety record and only 1 900mw generator/reactor. They use Lake Harris to cool the reactor. Between 2013-2018 they will be installing a second reactor since they were approved expansion by the nuclear regulatory commission. I believe I've stated this here already but if not they are using the damaged generator from 3-mile island (refurbished of course) for the 2nd reactor. No worries with that since it is just the generator that produces the electricity. However, they will need to raise Harris Lake water levels another 3 feet in order to be able to cool both reactors.

I do know that they do not send their waste material off to Yucca mountain yet and store it underground on site.

Does your house glow at night?

It does but that is because I found a Hindu Albino transexual midget and painted it neon green. Well, actually it doesn't glow, it's more of a strobe light effect...

Pocs...