[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RUMOR: Collie out 2-6 weeks

theeohiostate

is gonz hurt????

Latest news

WR Anthony Gonzalez (ankle) did not travel with the Colts to Washington, and has been ruled out for Week 6 against the Redskins.

The former Buckeye has been sidelined with a dreaded high ankle sprain, and has just one catch for 12 yards thus far in 2010. Gonzalez should return to the receiver rotation Week 8 after the Colts' bye, but isn't an enticing fantasy option since he's buried on Indy's depth chart.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 4-6 weeks time a healthy Gonzo will wrestle Collies job away.

I don't agree with this. Gonzo hasn't played in nearly 2 seasons (he missed all of last year). In that time, Collie has solidified himself as a top trusted target for Manning. I don't think 4 weeks will wipe out a season and a half.

SOURCE ROTOWORLD

The Colts confirmed reports that Austin Collie underwent surgery on his hand this week.

The team is giving no timetable for Collie's return. The latest information available suggests fantasy's No. 1 receiver will miss "several games, and likely more." The Colts are prepping Anthony Gonzalez for a return to the third receiver role, with Blair White continuing as a fantasy afterthought in the No. 4 role. Collie should be stashed for the fantasy playoffs.

Hope you all grabbed Gonzo and NOT Blair White :wacko:

Edited by theeohiostate

SOURCE ROTOWORLD

Hope you all grabbed Gonzo and NOT Blair White :wacko:

I grabbed them both and will hold onto both until we see what happens in week 8's game. We're still over a week away - White could very well be way over his neck injury by then and passed Gonzo on the depth chart. Impossible to say at this point.

I grabbed them both and will hold onto both until we see what happens in week 8's game. We're still over a week away - White could very well be way over his neck injury by then and passed Gonzo on the depth chart. Impossible to say at this point.

True and wish I had the roster space to add both to see what happens, but if you have to pick...........the odds are on Gonzo..it appears.

It's not "impossible to say". The only way White gets playing time ahead of Gonzo is if he is not over the high ankle sprain, or if he has another injury. Gonzo is a first round draft pick. White is an undrafted free agent. Gonzo is the clear #3 when healthy.

Gonzo just can't stay healthy. I hate getting burned by guys like that(can you tell I've had Gonzales on prior fantasy teams and might be a bit jaded, lol). Methinks the biggest beneficiary of all this is Garcon, although likely too late to trade for him cheap now.

It's not "impossible to say". The only way White gets playing time ahead of Gonzo is if he is not over the high ankle sprain, or if he has another injury. Gonzo is a first round draft pick. White is an undrafted free agent. Gonzo is the clear #3 when healthy.

Yes it is "iimpossible to say" because we don't know that gonzo is 100% healthy or won't have a setback - the guy has been injured for 1.5 seasons. We also don't know what he looks like at practice right now - if he's not 100%, has he lost a step because of the knee and ankle injury? Is he having hard time getting into and out of breaks? I have no idea and I certainly don't trust the Colts to give us accurate information on any of this.

I know you fancy yourself the expert on all things Colts, but maybe take a step back. Some people here are actually quite aware of what's going on in Indy. No reason to call other people morons because they have opinions . . .

have you followed his career at all? IIRC he blew a knee last year running..

Not so much, but im not sure prior injuries guarantee that he will be again for sure in one or two quaters?

Are either of these players even worth messing with your roster?

Will either see a 50 yard+ TD game?

Not so much, but im not sure prior injuries guarantee that he will be again for sure in one or two quaters?

Are either of these players even worth messing with your roster?

Will either see a 50 yard+ TD game?

my crystal ball is'nt THAT good. I bought a generic one , you know, with the economy being as bad as it's been.

I blame Obama.

Yes it is "iimpossible to say" because we don't know that gonzo is 100% healthy or won't have a setback - the guy has been injured for 1.5 seasons. We also don't know what he looks like at practice right now - if he's not 100%, has he lost a step because of the knee and ankle injury? Is he having hard time getting into and out of breaks? I have no idea and I certainly don't trust the Colts to give us accurate information on any of this.

I know you fancy yourself the expert on all things Colts, but maybe take a step back. Some people here are actually quite aware of what's going on in Indy. No reason to call other people morons because they have opinions . . .

Actually, we do know he is recovered from the PCL injury from last year. He was made the #4 WR and punt returner to start the season. Blair White was an undrafted free agent on the practice squad. I also said that barring him aggravating the ankle injury, or acquiring a new injury, he is clearly higher on the depth chart than White. That is fact. The depth chart isn't gonna change if they are both healthy.

The only person I called a moran was ttwarrior in another thread because he wondered why Tamme hadn't passed White on the depth chart if he was so good. He is a moran because they play different positions. He is also a moran based on several of his other posts.

Actually, we do know he is recovered from the PCL injury from last year. He was made the #4 WR and punt returner to start the season. Blair White was an undrafted free agent on the practice squad. I also said that barring him aggravating the ankle injury, or acquiring a new injury, he is clearly higher on the depth chart than White. That is fact. The depth chart isn't gonna change if they are both healthy.

The only person I called a moran was ttwarrior in another thread because he wondered why Tamme hadn't passed White on the depth chart if he was so good. He is a moran because they play different positions. He is also a moran based on several of his other posts.

my bad re: ttwarrior - didn't realize he was the guy you were talking about. he is indeed a moron.

I'm not worried about the knee so much as the ankle for gonzo. if 100%, I think he's clearly the guy - that's just a big if.

my bad re: ttwarrior - didn't realize he was the guy you were talking about. he is indeed a moron.

I'm not worried about the knee so much as the ankle for gonzo. if 100%, I think he's clearly the guy - that's just a big if.

No worries. And I share your concern with Gonzo staying healthy.