[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fair trade ?

boozer156

In my league the following trade was vetoed.... Tell me what you think

Player 1 trades:

Steven Jackson and Dustin Keller

to Player 2 for:

Anquin Bolden, Ryan Torain and Visante Shaincoe

What do you think ? The Trade was proposed by player 1. In my option it's a serious downgrade for player 1 at both RB and TE. Picking up Bolden is a nice addition but he's really only had 1 good game this year. The Ravens are a running team too.

Plus if this trade had gone through, player 2 now has Ray Rice, Mauriece Jone Drew and Steven Jackson on his roster.

The veto has caused a ton of controversy in our league. Player 2 basicially flipped out when it got vetoed.

Edited by boozer156

Seems OK to me. Looks like Player 1 wants a WR upgrade and gets a decent RB in exchange for upgrading Player 2 at RB. I think the case can be made for either TE.

But I don't know all the details. Is someone afraid one team is stocking up to steamroll the rest of the league?

When will people learn that it's not their place to meddle in other people's trades. No vetoes unless there is clear-cut collusion. Leaguemates should not be the value police.

No, the trade doesn't look lopsided at all; But just like any trade, the players involved aren't nearly as important as whether it improves your team.

If it is clear, or both owners can make the case that they're improving their teams with this trade, then there's no reason for a veto.

Unless you have such good hindsight to know where guys will end up in the end-of-year ranmings, then who are your leaguemates to say that one side of the trade is going to outperform the other. If you know that for certain, then you should quit Fantasy Football and go to Vegas, because you can predict the future.

Sorry, but I get so sick of hearing of leagues where people feel it is their duty to say what trades should be allowed to go through... Do you let the rest of the league set your lineup too, if it's not acceptable to them?

I think it is a fair trade...you gotta keep in mind that alot of trades are based on what the players will do in future games. I think you can make cases for both sides, which would mean it is fair. Plus, player one now has additional depth, if it is a deep league the waiver wire could be limited.

It's fine. Sjax is injury prone, while Torain is on the up and up. I know some people who would take Torain in a straight up trade dealing Sjax. In my opinion the guy getting Torain is getting the better end of the deal. But that's the problem with voting on any trade- you can always say one side or another is more fair depending on your own view of said player.

Trade should have been allowed to go through. My league has had problems with trades being vetoed in the past and there will be a change in the way trades are decided fair next year or I wont be playing. League voting leads to WAAAY too many problems.

Plus if this trade had gone through, player 2 now has Ray Rice, Mauriece Jone Drew and Steven Jackson on his roster.

This right here is why you're an idiot for vetoing this trade. Or any other unless obvious collusion is involved.

Obviously it depends on who the other team's had, what holes needed filling and where they are in league ranking, but with just the info I see there's no reason to veto the trade short of being douchenozzles.

The league creator should be the only one with veto power, IMO, and requests for vetoing should be allowed. The only reason for that veto power is to prevent a firesale or collusion.

That looks like a bulldiaper dirt veto to me.