[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All Politics aside...

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Beautiful, simple enough for even a Lib to understand.

Well maybe not, they're probably too overly concerned with wanting to know who the VICTIMS are of that subtracted 1/4 penny, so they can get busy creating a new voting block out of them.

Beautiful, simple enough for even a Lib to understand.

Well maybe not, they're probably too overly concerned with wanting to know who the VICTIMS are of that subtracted 1/4 penny, so they can get busy creating a new voting block out of them.

Catty stuff like this is why threads get locked. You clearly aren't going to change anybody's mind with a comment like you have above. Did posting it at least make you feel better about yourself?

Catty stuff like this is why threads get locked. You clearly aren't going to change anybody's mind with a comment like you have above. Did posting it at least make you feel better about yourself?

Probably not, but getting under your skin probably did.

This is a joke, right? If Obama proposed something that guaranteed freedom from disease for everyone for all time, you'd find a reason to oppose it.

Your emerging blind partisanship and hatred for all things conservative is clearly blinding you. On at least two occasions I've started threads giving Obama props for items he has proposed. I give credit where credit is due. I also criticize when criticism is just.

ETA: I even said good for Rham in another thread earlier today.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I didn't click the link, but I guess my question is this. If the budget cuts were supposed to stimulate the economy why are the cuts that have currently been in place for awhile now, not created that many jobs and left the economy not very "stimulated"? Have they worked or no? If they haven't worked is holding on to doing the same thing good for the country?

I didn't click the link, but I guess my question is this. If the budget cuts were supposed to stimulate the economy why are the cuts that have currently been in place for awhile now, not created that many jobs and left the economy not very "stimulated"? Have they worked or no? If they haven't worked is holding on to doing the same thing good for the country?

I'd ask the same question about the tax cuts. Have they worked?

Your emerging blind partisanship and hatred for all things conservative is clearly blinding you. On at least two occasions I've started threads giving Obama props for items he has proposed. I give credit where credit is due. I also criticize when criticism is just.

ETA: I even said good for Rham in another thread earlier today.

I remember one occassion. I can back Perch up on this.

Yes, that's what you should take away from this story.

that's not what I take away. I do not praise him for being bipartisan and siding with the democrats in defense of pork. I just thought maybe you would. or if you think it's bad, maybe at least have the honesty to point out that the democrats are uniformly opposed to this.

my take away from this is I am glad to see this showdown happening within the GOP. how it shakes out will be pretty revealing as to whether they've heard the electorate over the last few elections. people like inhofe clearly haven't got the message.

Are you trying to say that you don't tend to lean on labels and paint with a super broad brush?

Not saying that at all. I do use labels often, probably much more often than I should. I don't know that I paint with a super broad brush, as I usually try to at least discuss the actual policies and what their implementation will affect. What I'm saying is I'd rather have much more discussion of the policies than name calling and blind partisan rants. Obviously I don't like being told I'm wrong, but when I'm told I'm wrong I'd like to be told why instead of "you're wrong you stupid teabagger". I view ideal politics like you describe much like I do my religion, it is a goal, but a goal I'm often going to fall far short of.