[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All Politics aside...

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Beautiful, simple enough for even a Lib to understand.

Well maybe not, they're probably too overly concerned with wanting to know who the VICTIMS are of that subtracted 1/4 penny, so they can get busy creating a new voting block out of them.

When they aren't high from smoking that pot, of course.

That is one of the best articles I've seen regarding the problems associated with the TEA Party. I do think it over states the TEA Party's issues with big business, as well as it's association with Beck, but it is by far the fairest article I've seen so far. I don't think that the majority of people that consider themselves TEA Party members hold any real animosity towards big corporation in general, though there is a considerable amount of animosity directed at a select few corporations, specifically GM, Chrysler, and GE. The first two do to how bond holders were screwed over, and how the government over stepped it's bounds involving them. With GE a lot of it goes back to MSNBC as well as the impression that they stand to gain a whole lot over the left's environmental and health care policies which they are very reluctant to report fairly. With regard to Beck, some really like him and think he is doing a lot of good, while others question if he isn't doing more harm than good primarily because of his showmanship. I personally would really like Beck a lot more if he concentrated more on providing information and less on entertainment and editorializing.

Warning anecdote personal evidence to follow, please disregard if you do not like reading my anecdotal examples:

I personally have seen a local school bond fail that by all rights should have passed. The bond would have saved the district and the tax payers money in the long run, but over zealous TEA Party members (actually it wasn't the TEA Party but an organization closely tied to it) motivated people to vote against it. They did it in a manner that told a bunch of half truths with a lot of misleading comments. The bond failed by 0.28%, or 71 votes. had the bond passed it would have provided much needed facilities that state law requires. Now more money will be spent on portables which over the long run cost more. Additionally the construction of the facilities would have made the children safer, and would have helped improve the local economy for about 18 months.

As with any new organization there will be growing pains, and poor choices made. It remains to be seen if the good done will outweigh the bad, but at a time when we all say we want some kind of change, this is at least some type of real change from the norm. Yes some of the ideas supported by the TEA party may have a short term negative affect on businesses, like the article mentions above, but it is my belief that over the long haul, while it won't be pretty if the momentum the TEA Party has harnessed can continue to grow, we might actually see some real structural change to our government that is sorely needed.

that actually is a pretty decent article, but man, you guys gotta get your talking points straight. in one breath, the tea party are bunch of rich, white corporate shills....in the next breath they are populist rubes who hate "big business". come on, you gotta pick one strawman and run with it here.

that actually is a pretty decent article, but man, you guys gotta get your talking points straight. in one breath, the tea party are bunch of rich, white corporate shills....in the next breath they are populist rubes who hate "big business". come on, you gotta pick one strawman and run with it here.

No kidding, I tried telling BP the same thing in another thread.

Is it kinda like "liberal elitists" like John Kerry versus the "welfare queens" that are associated with the Democrat party?

Yeah . . . kinda . . .:wacko:

In ANY party you have two demographics. The people that stand to BENEFIT from getting elected, and the people they need to convince to vote them into office.

Is it kinda like "liberal elitists" like John Kerry versus the "welfare queens" that are associated with the Democrat party?

Yeah . . . kinda . . .:wacko:

In ANY party you have two demographics. The people that stand to BENEFIT from getting elected, and the people they need to convince to vote them into office.

umm, I believe your argument casting tea partiers as rich educated white people was referring to the average tea partier, not their elected leaders. this is a weak reply even by your meager standards.

also, do you really have to use the damn :tup: graemlin dismissively in every. f*cking. post.

?

umm, I believe your argument casting tea partiers as rich educated white people was referring to the average tea partier, not their elected leaders. this is a weak reply even by your meager standards.

also, do you really have to use the damn :wacko: graemlin dismissively in every. f*cking. post.

?

Yes I do, elistist condescending overlord of all he surveys (in your own mind)

:tup::tup::lol::lol::lol::(:(:(:)

come on, you gotta pick one strawman and run with it here.

Why? I've previously claimed the Republicans are divided into the rich, the frightened, the stupid and the mindless flag wavers so why can't the Tea Party be similar in makeup? Surely they could have two of the four? The stupid and the flag wavers, most likely.

The rich, the unions, the desperately poor, and the minorities of course.

Well the rich are the elitist like hussein and kerry.

Desperately poor? Do they want to spread the wealth around a little?

Minorities? Do you mean skin color or wealth envy? Which flavor of racism would you like to attach to this position?

And I just thought it was a great visual on the budget and tax cuts.....

:wacko:

Woah. Let's not conflagrate issues. And that is perhaps why some people here find this video maybe a wee bit partisan.

Obama ordered a 100 million budget cut in the next 90 days. I do beleive that that is indeed a bread and circus moment to show that he is serious about reducing the deficit. Pure symbolism politics and stupid if you ask me, and if that were the only goal of the video, fair enough. Crowing about cutting a 100 milliion is silly;

However you yourself just said this was a good visual on TAX CUTS. Let's remember that this is not the only tax and budget issue on the table. The video using the same visuals could have also explained the sunsetting tax break enacted by Bush that the congress will have to either let sunset or vote on.