[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Xbox 360 console - 4GB flash drive

Furd

Does anyone have this? You have two choices for new Xbox consoles: 1) 4GB flash drive; or 2) 250 GB hard drive. The former (and possibly the latter) have the option of adding two external flash drives. This would add up to 32 GB of storage.

Is approximately 36 GB enough for a moderately casual gamer? He plays games like Resident Evil and Dead Rising and I presume that he installs them to the "disk." Or should I blow ~150 more bucks to buy the 250 GB version?

TIA

Does anyone have this? You have two choices for new Xbox consoles: 1) 4GB flash drive; or 2) 250 GB hard drive. The former (and possibly the latter) have the option of adding two external flash drives. This would add up to 32 GB of storage.

Is approximately 36 GB enough for a moderately casual gamer? He plays games like Resident Evil and Dead Rising and I presume that he installs them to the "disk." Or should I blow ~150 more bucks to buy the 250 GB version?

TIA

that should be more than enough. even if games are loaded onto the xbox fully, I believe you still need to put them in the drive, so it doesn't make too much of a difference. 36GB is more than enough for demos, trailers and game add-ons.

I have 10 gb and play a lot. I didnt know they could use a flash drive. Define "new".

All Xbox's can now use a flash drive.

If you plan on downloading any games to install or playing a lot of Rock Band, get the bigger drive. I've had the 20gb since launch. It's been full forever. If/when I get a new one, I'll get the giant hard drive.

All Xbox's can now use a flash drive.

If you plan on downloading any games to install or playing a lot of Rock Band, get the bigger drive. I've had the 20gb since launch. It's been full forever. If/when I get a new one, I'll get the giant hard drive.

Yeah, it tends to be a bit cumulative over time. The 10GB was fine for a couple of years but now isn't an option for me. Especially as they are adding more and more downloadable content I would lean towards the 250GB.

ETA - This is really a convenience issue since in theory you can use as many different USB drives as you want and nothing will require more than 32GB at any one time (yet). Still worth it to me though.

Edited by Atlanta Cracker